Driver Door Sensor Issue 2008 Commander? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Driver Door Sensor Issue 2008 Commander?

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 04-24-2013, 02:15 PM   #1
CuteJeepGirlMI
2008 XK Commander 

Driver Door Sensor Issue 2008 Commander?

I am guilty.. I love my Jeep Commander but with in last 3 months its had some major issues... and I am afraid to take it to a shop...

The dash had a dummie light that said.. door open... and it would not turn off nor would the lights inside Jeep turn off. Then I noticed the front windows will not roll down from the Driver side controls.
I think a door sensor issue?
My boss went out and pulled the wires off battery.. it seemed to reset the dummy light issue, but the windows are not rolling down..

I am new to this site.. trying to find my way around...
NOT sure where to find how to fix it.. if anyone has a thread/site/info... i would totally appreciate it.

Thanks so much..

CuteJeepGirlMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2013, 10:18 PM   #2
rubiconkid4x4

2007 WK 

I would personally take the plastic door panel off and take a look around. Maybe a/some disconnected cables around there. Just did that to an impala and a civic, pretty simple. Check the wiring leading up to the window levers.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.