Don't know where to start - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Don't know where to start

XJ Rail Sale!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!Vanco Big Brake Kit Promotion!

Unread 08-24-2013, 06:52 PM   #1
Oswald06
2008 WK 

Don't know where to start

I'm a happy owner of a 2008 Jeep GC and my buddy owns a 2006 Wrangler. The past couple of weeks I've been helping him with some adjustments, new front bumper snorkel basic stuff. I've decided I'd like to do some of the same things. My main goal is to make my jeep more durable but I don't know where to start or even what I'm looking for.

New front/rear bumper or a brush guard, a winch, a 2-2.5" lift and different wheels/tires are some of the things I'm looking at but honestly not sure what I want to do.

Any advice or help would be welcomed with open arms

Oswald06 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-24-2013, 08:37 PM   #2
Jeepforthewin
Lucky Charms!

2005 WK 

Look at the OME lift kits or a superlift. As far as bumpers as of right now only ARB makes a full front bumper. Also get some armour for underneath!
Unread 08-24-2013, 09:27 PM   #3
ca07wk
Crawl-Offroad.com
2007 WK 

Superlift, steel armadillo armor, make your own hidden winch mount of aspen creek winch mount.
ca07wk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-25-2013, 09:04 AM   #4
Oswald06
2008 WK 

My buddy sent me to the Quadratec website and helped me look around for some armor and stumbled upon 4XGuard armor. looking through some of the lift kits though it seemed like my options were a 4" superlift or nothing which is in all honesty a bit too high for my liking. I know form over function might bite me in the *** later on in life but I just don't know if i'll like the look if it's lifted that high
Unread 08-25-2013, 09:06 AM   #5
Oswald06
2008 WK 

And as i post that last one i have to bite my tongue because i just found a 2" OME lift kit. I guess the next question I'd need answered would be what size tires would be appropriate and what would I have to do to allow my jeep to handle the bigger tires

keeping in mind it's unfortunately not a V8
Unread 08-25-2013, 09:32 AM   #6
Jeepforthewin
Lucky Charms!

2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oswald06
And as i post that last one i have to bite my tongue because i just found a 2" OME lift kit. I guess the next question I'd need answered would be what size tires would be appropriate and what would I have to do to allow my jeep to handle the bigger tires

keeping in mind it's unfortunately not a V8
Are you going for the MD or HD OME? And with the OME most people run around a 265/70r17.
Unread 08-25-2013, 10:05 AM   #7
Oswald06
2008 WK 

I've been reading through some of the forums on here and it seems like I should go with the HD assuming i do put on body armor and either a new bumper or brush guard and winch.

I honestly don't know though.
Unread 08-25-2013, 10:11 AM   #8
Jeepforthewin
Lucky Charms!

2005 WK 

Quote:
I've been reading through some of the forums on here and it seems like I should go with the HD assuming i do put on body armor and either a new bumper or brush guard and winch.

I honestly don't know though.
Id go with HD since you will be Adding armour and all that.
Unread 08-25-2013, 10:17 AM   #9
Oswald06
2008 WK 

Thanks! that clears one thing up anyways haha, It's gonna be a while before I have the money to actually do any of this but I want to get a basic plan outlined before I start
Unread 08-25-2013, 10:39 AM   #10
ca07wk
Crawl-Offroad.com
2007 WK 

The OME is a great kit, most people yield 3" of lift. Check out steel armadillo and crawloffroad for WK parts.
Unread 08-25-2013, 11:16 AM   #11
Jeepforthewin
Lucky Charms!

2005 WK 

Quote:
Thanks! that clears one thing up anyways haha, It's gonna be a while before I have the money to actually do any of this but I want to get a basic plan outlined before I start
Contact Kolak about the OME lift. He is a local vendor and a very helpful guy. He is quick to respond to PM's and you can't beat his prices and customer service!
Unread 08-26-2013, 12:01 PM   #12
eprovenzano
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepforthewin View Post
Contact Kolak about the OME lift. He is a local vendor and a very helpful guy. He is quick to respond to PM's and you can't beat his prices and customer service!
Amen to that!!!!
eprovenzano is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-26-2013, 12:19 PM   #13
sunoff
2010 WK 

Kolak is the man. he is very good at talking u through what u need and/or dont. he wont waste your money. ca07wk may be?a vendor btw... but isn't very up front about it. I thinkcrawl is his site. no dealings with him good or bad ...
Unread 08-26-2013, 05:40 PM   #14
ca07wk
Crawl-Offroad.com
2007 WK 

Not a vendor on jeepforum, its a little pricey for me right now. I try not to advertise much here because there are people like Kolak who are great to deal with that do pay to be vendors.

Tags
build up , confused , wk

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.