Don't call it a build thread... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Don't call it a build thread...

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO December Specials at Jeephut.com

Unread 07-09-2013, 09:26 PM   #1
sellingdrugs
2005 WK 

Don't call it a build thread...

(I've been here for years.)

That will likely be my only rap reference. Anyway, I just got my Jeep lifted after about a year of collecting components. I'll try to get some pictures up tomorrow if the weather is decent because I know the thread is worthless otherwise. Meanwhile, here is a teaser video of my kids flipping the new tires:

sellingdrugs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-09-2013, 09:41 PM   #2
Jeepforthewin
Lucky Charms!

2005 WK 

Can't wait to see it! What lift did you go with? Or is it wait and see once the pics are up?
Unread 07-10-2013, 08:35 AM   #3
sellingdrugs
2005 WK 

It isn't anything groundbreaking, just OME HD springs, Bilstein shocks/struts, 1.5 inch spacers and 285/70 BFG KM2. I bought the Jeep over three years ago and began looking at pictures before that. My goal was to make mine look like Mr Tosh's initial setup on the Oscar the Grouch build. Prior to this, I drove a Dodge Cummins 2500 with a leveling kit and 35 inch tires, Banks exhaust with exhaust brake, etc. The stock Jeep with puny tires and worn out suspension was a change. Now I'm back in my comfort zone. I figured if I looked at everyone else's pictures that I should put up some for other people to see.

My Jeep is unlikely to see and real four wheeling action. We might go on a light trail or drive across a farm, but it is basically for looks and just in case I need it. I did need new tires and shocks/struts, so I figured I might as well do it right at one time and be happy.

I bought the springs, struts and shocks from Kolak. His recommendation, prices and service were great. Everyone should check with him before buying things. The installation was done at RPM Offroad and they did a great job as well.

The reason we shouldn't call it a build thread is that I doubt I will do anything else to it. I would like some Steel Armadillo sliders, but that will have to wait. I don't have a lot of extra money and it all goes toward family stuff, which is great.

The pictures aren't great. I included one with the Suburban for scale. My dad has a stock 2007, so I'll get a comparison shot when I can get the Jeeps together.

Trouble with picture upload, moving to pc...
image-1.jpg   image.jpg  

Last edited by sellingdrugs; 07-10-2013 at 11:18 AM.. Reason: Edited to attach pictures.
sellingdrugs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-10-2013, 08:45 AM   #4
BonesWK
Web Wheeler

2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sellingdrugs View Post
(I've been here for years.)
love it
If you want to achieve greatness, stop asking for permission
BonesWK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-17-2013, 11:31 AM   #5
sellingdrugs
2005 WK 

Better pictures:
image-2.jpg   image-3.jpg   image-4.jpg  
Unread 07-17-2013, 07:30 PM   #6
jjarvis0007
2005 WK 

That looks great
jjarvis0007 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-17-2013, 08:35 PM   #7
sellingdrugs
2005 WK 

Thanks. I figured I would get criticism for the chrome wheels with mud tires and the air dam, but I'll gladly take positive comments.
Unread 07-17-2013, 08:55 PM   #8
jjarvis0007
2005 WK 

Here in the south we live for muddy chrome rims with mud tires. As for the air dam. It shouldn't matter now that your lifted. Looks good
jjarvis0007 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-18-2013, 07:10 AM   #9
Jeepforthewin
Lucky Charms!

2005 WK 

I've had my lifted for quiet awhile now and still have my air dam I'm usually not a big fun of chrome but when it comes to a WK they look good with the mud tires. Your Jeep looks great!
Unread 07-18-2013, 08:51 AM   #10
Theogriff15
2006 WK 

Looking very clean man nice job with everything!!
Unread 07-18-2013, 09:46 AM   #11
chevra
2008 WK 

Im assuming you had to do the front pinch weld mod for sure but did you have to trim the rear fenders as well? I love the look you have going on there, its perfect, white and chrome looks awesome.
chevra is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-18-2013, 03:23 PM   #12
sellingdrugs
2005 WK 

Yes, I did the pinch weld mod. Mine doesn't look as pretty as some others, hence no pictures. I didn't do the rear because I doubt I will ever test the flex.

I would remove the air dam, but that would kill my aerodynamics and thus my fuel economy (sarcasm).
Unread 07-18-2013, 03:49 PM   #13
chevra
2008 WK 

That makes sense, you should be okay for a fair amount of flex the way it is anyways. Ur wk definately makes me want to get a lift, someday i will have to break down and spend the money ha.
chevra is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-18-2013, 05:23 PM   #14
AJeepZJ
2006 WK 

Yeah, that WK is looking great!
Unread 07-18-2013, 09:48 PM   #15
sellingdrugs
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJeepZJ View Post
Yeah, that WK is looking great!
Thanks. Your Jeep is one I looked at several times while planning mine.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.