Does this happen to anyone else? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Does this happen to anyone else?

Bilstein Shock Upgrade Kits, Jeep JK TJ XJ Wranglers and CJeep Wrangler Complete Gear Upgrade Kits with Installs andStainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 02-09-2011, 02:48 PM   #1
cherrybomb05
2010 JK Wrangler 

Does this happen to anyone else?

I was at a red light and the engine light came on, and squares were around all the gears ( like [p] [r] [n] [d] ) and i couldnt move for a few seconds. I have a 07 laredo v6 3.7 and dont tell me its just cause i have a v6. Thanks guys!

cherrybomb05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2011, 03:22 PM   #2
maxst2
2006 WK 

Yeah its somewhat common. Usually means that your shift bezel is messed up. Could try popping it off and clean the connections.
Unread 02-09-2011, 06:37 PM   #3
Nejeep

I had the same problem and cleaned my shifter module about a month ago. Has been working fine since. Other options are buy a new module for about $180 on line and install it yourself or pay a dealer to replace it for about $300-$400.

97 Laredo - 4.0 4x4 Daily driver for 8 years then relocated to Arizona for 6 more years with the relatives
Nejeep is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.