Does this happen to anyone else? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Does this happen to anyone else?

TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGSmittybilt Products at Oconee Off-Road!Alloy USA Still Available

Unread 02-09-2011, 02:48 PM   #1
cherrybomb05
2010 JK Wrangler 

Does this happen to anyone else?

I was at a red light and the engine light came on, and squares were around all the gears ( like [p] [r] [n] [d] ) and i couldnt move for a few seconds. I have a 07 laredo v6 3.7 and dont tell me its just cause i have a v6. Thanks guys!

cherrybomb05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2011, 03:22 PM   #2
maxst2
2006 WK 

Yeah its somewhat common. Usually means that your shift bezel is messed up. Could try popping it off and clean the connections.
Unread 02-09-2011, 06:37 PM   #3
Nejeep

I had the same problem and cleaned my shifter module about a month ago. Has been working fine since. Other options are buy a new module for about $180 on line and install it yourself or pay a dealer to replace it for about $300-$400.

97 Laredo - 4.0 4x4 Daily driver for 8 years then relocated to Arizona for 6 more years with the relatives
Nejeep is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.