do you think the Aftermarket will support this model? - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > do you think the Aftermarket will support this model?

Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comSave at JeepHut on Smittybilt Soft topsUp to $75 Cash Back on Your ARB Fridge Freezer Purchase

Unread 09-30-2005, 05:02 PM   #46
att1cus

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlon_jbt
My dealership has several Commanders now. Still looks best in blue however...
For real? I think most vehicles look best in black...Haven't checked out a Commander, though...

Different strokes for different folks...

att1cus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2005, 05:24 PM   #47
SYCOHEMI

My sedan is a carbon black metallic, a very very dark blue. I love it.

Problem is, it gets really hot, and it is hard to keep clean. My car is dirty/dusty a couple days after I wash it.

The Cayenne, which is artic silver, can go for weeks without a wash and still looks fine. My brother has a silver Liberty which he rarely washes, and it looks fine too.

I think black is a great color for the Commander. But I really do like the midnight blue. It was a toss up. Since I already have a black car, I thought blue would be a nice change of pace.
'06 Commander Ltd, 5.7L Hemi, QDII, Midnight Blue, Gibson Exhaust, Raingler Net, K&N FIPK, Remote Start, Optima Yellow, Skid plates & Tow Hooks, Rocky Road 2.25 Lift, New Rear DT Shocks, 265/70R17 REVO's, 6061-T6 Custom Wheel Adapters, 4xGuard Rock Rails/Steps
'05 Land Rover LR3 SE

Last edited by SYCOHEMI; 09-30-2005 at 11:21 PM..
SYCOHEMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2005, 05:33 PM   #48
marlon_jbt
2010 KK Liberty 

A guy around the corner has a Black Commander. I stopped to let him out of the driveway one day because he was in a Jeep.

I don't like it, or my sister's black Libby.

However, my aunt's old 2000 XJ looked pretty good in black, despite it being a 4x2. She now drives a Pontiac Vibe.
Unread 10-11-2005, 10:43 AM   #49
zj333

Rustys has already mentioned how they got a commander and theyre coming up with a lift keep checking www.rustysoffroad.com
4 inch rustys lift
35 inch mud rovers
CB etc...
zj333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2005, 11:34 AM   #50
marlon_jbt
2010 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason, aka: Jeepin.com
Nope, that's what I had thought for a long time too. I thought the 2-dr was 'TK' and the 4-dr was 'TKL', but that's not the case. Those names may end up sticking though, much like 'LJ' stuck for the Unlimited, simply because they've become so widely used when referring to the next gen Wranglers. But the official DCX code name for both the 2-dr and 4-dr '07+ Wranglers is "JK".
For what it's worth, DCX DealerConnect lists the '07 Wrangler as TK.
Unread 10-11-2005, 02:37 PM   #51
SYCOHEMI

Anyone have any input on a good lift size?

I am thinking that I would like to maintain ride quality, so I was leaning toward a 2 inch lift kit, something that would primarily allow me to fit larger tires more suited for offroad than the OEM equipped Forteras.

However, I am not opposed to a 4 inch kit, if ride quality would still be maintained.

Any thoughts? I realize this is mostly theoretical, since XK's haven't been widely modified at this early stage, but any input from XK or other owners would be most appreciated.

Thanks!
'06 Commander Ltd, 5.7L Hemi, QDII, Midnight Blue, Gibson Exhaust, Raingler Net, K&N FIPK, Remote Start, Optima Yellow, Skid plates & Tow Hooks, Rocky Road 2.25 Lift, New Rear DT Shocks, 265/70R17 REVO's, 6061-T6 Custom Wheel Adapters, 4xGuard Rock Rails/Steps
'05 Land Rover LR3 SE
Unread 10-17-2005, 11:08 PM   #52
SYCOHEMI

I couldn't wait for the aftermarket, so I ordered and installed the factory skid plates (3)and tow hooks (front pair) for my Commander Ltd.

I'm hoping the factory rock rails will arrive by Nov 18th, when I drive the Old Mojave Road for a weekend of camping and fun with friends. But, I hear the trail is pretty tame, so I probably won't need the rails yet anyway.
'05 Land Rover LR3 SE

Last edited by SYCOHEMI; 10-30-2005 at 12:52 PM..
Unread 10-27-2005, 09:55 PM   #53
Pattonsky

Commander

Random thought.

Wish I could see one of these jacket up super high with 35's or 40's on Top Truck Challenge. If you think about it, this is the biggest jeep since the days of the JTrucks.

Pattonsky
A fleet of jeeps, too many to list anymore. Last time I checked, my family had 6 cherokees, 4 wranglers, and one Grand Cherokee. Much hate to the Liberty platform but this Commander is interesting.
Pattonsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-24-2005, 12:18 PM   #54
SYCOHEMI

We did Old Mojave Road last weekend. My brother brought his Liberty. It made it through the deep sand fine.

Just curious, why does everyone seem to hate the Liberty?
'05 Land Rover LR3 SE
Unread 11-24-2005, 12:26 PM   #55
ArloGuthroJeep
Mr. Hyde!

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYCOHEMI
We did Old Mojave Road last weekend. My brother brought his Liberty. It made it through the deep sand fine.

Because it is a cute-ute and doesn't really match up well with Jeeps history off offroad vehicles. I have no problem with them and would love to see more offroad but when you compare its capabilities with past Jeeps, it just doesn't match up.

Gonna post some pics of your trip last weekend?
Unread 11-24-2005, 10:24 PM   #56
MtnbikerWJ

Pics of some Cammanders lifted with Superlifts. http://www.rockcrawler.com/features/...rlift_xkwk.asp
ARB Bull Bar with Piaa 520 drivings, no winch yet though
Kenwood Headunit, Kenwood Sirius Reciever, RF Punch p2002 Amp, RF Punch 10" Sub enclosure
Hypertech power programmer
K&N 77 series FIPK
Flowmaster 50 SUV
Magnaflow Cat
next gears and lsd's and OME coils[/SIZE]

[CENTER][COLOR=Green]Colorado Jeep Club Member #14[/COLOR][/CENTER]
[COLOR=White][CENTER]White Jeep Club Member #114[/CENTER][/COLOR]
MtnbikerWJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-2005, 06:43 AM   #57
grogie
M-F: Cell Block #4533

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArloGuthroJeep
Because it is a cute-ute and doesn't really match up well with Jeeps history off offroad vehicles. I have no problem with them and would love to see more offroad but when you compare its capabilities with past Jeeps, it just doesn't match up.
That's not correct to say that the KJ is just a "cute-ute", as if it's a CRD or an Escape. It's a Jeep in it's own right, and guys wheel with them all the time.

See the link below of the KJ group LOST wheeling in Moab.

http://rcboards.com/groupee/forums/a...1/r/4781007771

If you are looking for two friendly KJ forums, check out LOST above and www.jeepkj.com.

Red Jeep Club #345
2006 TJ Sport
2004 KJ Limited
2013 Off-Road Trailer

grogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-2005, 08:21 AM   #58
SYCOHEMI

Like they say, a photo is worth a thousand words. I think those photos of Moab KJ's says a lot. Thanks for sharing.
'05 Land Rover LR3 SE
Unread 11-28-2005, 08:53 AM   #59
Jason, aka: Jeepin.com
Vendor

1995 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Mainly because it was the "first"* Jeep to have IFS, which didn't sit right with a lot of "traditionalists". The WK and XK catch a lot of flack for being IFS too, but the KJ still gets the brunt of it because it was first.

A lot of people also didn't/don't like the bug-eyed headlights (or the curvy body in general), so you'll probably find comments relating the KJ to the Dodge Neon and AMC Pacer.

Most of the animosity you'll find is from XJ'ers who are just pissed because their beloved XJ was replaced with a Jeep with IFS and bug-eyed headlights.

Oh, and the 3.7L V6 in the KJ marked the beginning of the end of the 4.0L I6, which also makes a lot of folks unhappy.

edit: * technically the KJ was not the first Jeep to have IFS, Jeep built some fullsize Wagoneers back in the 60's that had IFS. The KJ is just the first of the current era of Jeep vehicles to have IFS.
'00 TJ, SOLD, wife's, RE 4.5" long-arm, 35" MT/Rs, D30+OX, D44+ARB, 4.88s, full cage, winch, C4x4 & Jeeperman bumpers, etc, etc.

Jason, aka: Jeepin.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-2005, 07:19 PM   #60
grogie
M-F: Cell Block #4533

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Like they say, a photo is worth a thousand words. I think those photos of Moab KJ's says a lot. Thanks for sharing.
You are welcome. Some of the "traditionalists" don't like any Jeep period if it wasn't built in your garage and lifted on a Saturday. The guys at LOST do a lot of wheeling with KJ's.

I heard on JeepsUnlimited.com as this was where I could read new owners posts on the Commander. Unfortunately it will be some time before my two Jeeps are paid off (as I just bought a TJ). When my KJ is paid off, I just might upgrade to a Commander for a V8 to tow. I love the Commander. Sharp looking. I'm thinking how good it would look to tow my TJ!

Enjoy and keep us posted.

Red Jeep Club #345
2006 TJ Sport
2004 KJ Limited
2013 Off-Road Trailer

grogie is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.