do you think the Aftermarket will support this model? - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > do you think the Aftermarket will support this model?

CCOR is your 1 stop source for everything Jeep!TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGSteinjager TJ tube doors

Unread 09-26-2005, 11:06 PM   #31
SYCOHEMI

I keep checking on it in the garage, but it hasn't tipped over yet. It helps to chock the wheels. Heheh.

'06 Commander Ltd, 5.7L Hemi, QDII, Midnight Blue, Gibson Exhaust, Raingler Net, K&N FIPK, Remote Start, Optima Yellow, Skid plates & Tow Hooks, Rocky Road 2.25 Lift, New Rear DT Shocks, 265/70R17 REVO's, 6061-T6 Custom Wheel Adapters, 4xGuard Rock Rails/Steps
'05 Land Rover LR3 SE
SYCOHEMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-27-2005, 07:33 AM   #32
rockhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYCOHEMI
Thanks Cinci-Sur.

Here are the three IMG tags:

Hope to have more pictures later. These were at night, in my garage.
What kind of flooring is that? Looks nice.
rockhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-27-2005, 07:36 AM   #33
Jason, aka: Jeepin.com
Vendor

1995 XJ Cherokee 

go back and read page 2, we already covered that.
'00 TJ, SOLD, wife's, RE 4.5" long-arm, 35" MT/Rs, D30+OX, D44+ARB, 4.88s, full cage, winch, C4x4 & Jeeperman bumpers, etc, etc.

Jason, aka: Jeepin.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-27-2005, 01:41 PM   #34
marauder

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlon_jbt
No, there isn't. It's called a TJ. (D)
The Wrangler Unlimited is the LJ. Check out this page:

http://www.rubiconexpress.com/dynami...?folderid=1601

It is lift kits for the LJ jeep.

[COLOR=Sienna]Sienna Jeep Club #4[/COLOR]
marauder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-27-2005, 01:55 PM   #35
Vendor

1995 XJ Cherokee 

Well, apparently the Unlimited is only known as the "LJ" in the aftermarket. As far as DCX is concerned, it's just a TJ. However the term got started though, "LJ" stuck, so that's what everyone knows it as. So technically, from a DCX standpoint, no, there is no "LJ", but they seem to be the only ones who don't call the Unlimited the LJ.

I just want to know what DCX ding-dong decided to code name the next gen Wranglers "JK"...
'00 TJ, SOLD, wife's, RE 4.5" long-arm, 35" MT/Rs, D30+OX, D44+ARB, 4.88s, full cage, winch, C4x4 & Jeeperman bumpers, etc, etc.

Unread 09-28-2005, 07:19 AM   #36
Ndru

man, this thread is all over the place. Hey Sycohemi, since you are the only one sofar that has one . where do you think it could use some improvement. now that you've been driving it a week or so.
Ndru is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-28-2005, 07:58 AM   #37
BlaineWasHere
BecauseRacecar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason, aka: Jeepin.com
I just want to know what DCX ding-dong decided to code name the next gen Wranglers "JK"...

I though the next Wrangler was "TK"
Unread 09-28-2005, 08:00 AM   #38
BlaineWasHere
BecauseRacecar

BTW: Sweet XK! I love that blue on all Jeeps!

Those 5 spoke wheels do look way better than the other ones too!
Unread 09-28-2005, 09:57 AM   #39
SYCOHEMI

Thanks for the compliment on the wheels. It really changed the overall look. I didn't like the bling bling of the factory chromes.

I definitely fell in love with the Midnight Blue. I was tempted to go for black, but I actually like the blue better.
'06 Commander Ltd, 5.7L Hemi, QDII, Midnight Blue, Gibson Exhaust, Raingler Net, K&N FIPK, Remote Start, Optima Yellow, Skid plates & Tow Hooks, Rocky Road 2.25 Lift, New Rear DT Shocks, 265/70R17 REVO's, 6061-T6 Custom Wheel Adapters, 4xGuard Rock Rails/Steps
'05 Land Rover LR3 SE
Unread 09-28-2005, 10:09 AM   #40
Vendor

1995 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaine59
I though the next Wrangler was "TK"
Nope, that's what I had thought for a long time too. I thought the 2-dr was 'TK' and the 4-dr was 'TKL', but that's not the case. Those names may end up sticking though, much like 'LJ' stuck for the Unlimited, simply because they've become so widely used when referring to the next gen Wranglers. But the official DCX code name for both the 2-dr and 4-dr '07+ Wranglers is "JK".

Unread 09-28-2005, 12:01 PM   #41
BlaineWasHere
BecauseRacecar

Quote:
Nope, that's what I had thought for a long time too. I thought the 2-dr was 'TK' and the 4-dr was 'TKL', but that's not the case. Those names may end up sticking though, much like 'LJ' stuck for the Unlimited, simply because they've become so widely used when referring to the next gen Wranglers. But the official DCX code name for both the 2-dr and 4-dr '07+ Wranglers is "JK".

Interesting... I was not aware of this... Hopefully it won't be "Just Kidding"
Unread 09-28-2005, 10:24 PM   #42
SYCOHEMI

Hello Ndru,

Room for improvement...

I called the JEEP parts dealer today and I inquired about the available back up camera. According to the parts person I spoke with, the factory system provides an additional screen for monitoring back of the vehicle. I thought that seems weird, since I already have the Navigation screen, you would hope it would integrate. Not a big deal, since the vehicle is not overly large.

But, there do seem to be some blind spots when the third row is in place, visibility could be better. Also, the front pillar seems to be a blind spot too, perhaps since it is placed well forward from the driver, and large. Might be just a matter of getting used to.

Other than that, I have been pleasantly surprised. The engine and suspension seem fairly smooth, smoother than I would have expected. I would prefer a little bit more of an exhaust note, it is pleasant, but too quiet. Of course, this could easily be remedied via aftermarket. Everyone gets a kick out of the sunroofs in the second row. Transmission seems to shift at natural points.

Loading height is a little high in the rear, with the third row folded down, but still convenient. Still waiting to see what gas mileage will settle to. No squeaks or rattles, seems fairly solid. Automatic high beam function is neat, and the easy menus are great to customize door locks, lights, etc.

I think the Navigation could be easier to use, in terms of input, but it might be that I am still getting used to it. Directions are good so far.

Going to add the rock rails, skid plates, tow hooks, if my dealer has them.
'05 Land Rover LR3 SE
Unread 09-28-2005, 11:46 PM   #43
BlaineWasHere
BecauseRacecar

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYCOHEMI
I would prefer a little bit more of an exhaust note, it is pleasant, but too quiet. Of course, this could easily be remedied via aftermarket.

Thats would be sweet! I really want to do the exuast on my WJ! I need to hear that V8 to justify useing all that gas...
Unread 09-30-2005, 12:37 AM   #44
SYCOHEMI

I've always felt that money spent on exhaust was money well spent. It's usually one of the first mods I make on my car or motorcycle.

The Cayenne S actually has a reasonably nice sounding and flowing system, so I left it alone.

But I did Gibson headers and exhaust on my 2001 Tahoe 5.3 Liter, and that sounded great. Not too obnoxious, but just let you hear the nice engine.

I bet it will sound wonderful on our V8's.

I'm waiting to hear from Gibson to see if they will do R&D on my Commander.
'05 Land Rover LR3 SE
Unread 09-30-2005, 09:04 AM   #45
marlon_jbt
2010 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Well, apparently the Unlimited is only known as the "LJ" in the aftermarket. As far as DCX is concerned, it's just a TJ. However the term got started though, "LJ" stuck, so that's what everyone knows it as. So technically, from a DCX standpoint, no, there is no "LJ", but they seem to be the only ones who don't call the Unlimited the LJ.

Much better.

I'm not sure what the next Wrangler is called yet. Nothing official from DCX just yet.... that I've seen. Several "codes" have been speculated so far.

JK is just short for just kidding on internet chat rooms/boards. The average consumer doesn't know what JK means... online or official inside model code.

My dealership has several Commanders now. Still looks best in blue however...

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.