do you think the Aftermarket will support this model? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > do you think the Aftermarket will support this model?

Savvy Aluminum BumpersIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe RuffStuff "I can't go to EJS" Sale!

Unread 09-20-2005, 05:22 PM   #16
SYCOHEMI

Thanks Cinci-Sur.

Here are the three IMG tags:

Hope to have more pictures later. These were at night, in my garage.

'06 Commander Ltd, 5.7L Hemi, QDII, Midnight Blue, Gibson Exhaust, Raingler Net, K&N FIPK, Remote Start, Optima Yellow, Skid plates & Tow Hooks, Rocky Road 2.25 Lift, New Rear DT Shocks, 265/70R17 REVO's, 6061-T6 Custom Wheel Adapters, 4xGuard Rock Rails/Steps
'05 Land Rover LR3 SE
SYCOHEMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2005, 05:28 PM   #17
SYCOHEMI

Just heard from WAAG, they are not interested at this time.

I am waiting to hear from Gibson about exhaust.

I am planning to do a 2 day trip through Old Mojave Road from Barstow to Vegas. I am looking to purchase or fabricate a safari roof rack.

Let me know if anyone has suggestions where I can get this done in Southern CA.

I'd like to mount Jerry cans for gas and water, and also a jack and shovel, and lights.

Thanks!
'06 Commander Ltd, 5.7L Hemi, QDII, Midnight Blue, Gibson Exhaust, Raingler Net, K&N FIPK, Remote Start, Optima Yellow, Skid plates & Tow Hooks, Rocky Road 2.25 Lift, New Rear DT Shocks, 265/70R17 REVO's, 6061-T6 Custom Wheel Adapters, 4xGuard Rock Rails/Steps
'05 Land Rover LR3 SE
Unread 09-21-2005, 08:38 AM   #18
CinciSurWJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYCOHEMI
Thanks Cinci-Sur.

Here are the three IMG tags:

Hope to have more pictures later. These were at night, in my garage.
Here you go, now we can see the pics.
Kevin's 2.5"BB, DT3000, OME SS, Addco Rear Sway bar
Front Skid & Transfer Case Skid.

CinciSurWJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2005, 08:41 AM   #19
CinciSurWJ

Quote:

I am planning to do a 2 day trip through Old Mojave Road from Barstow to Vegas. I am looking to purchase or fabricate a safari roof rack.

I'd like to mount Jerry cans for gas and water, and also a jack and shovel, and lights.

Thanks!
Did you check with www.rock-road.com, they are looking for some WK earlier. One guy from JU forum send his jeep got a 2.75" lift and rock-rails and all the good the stuff.

Some one mentioned that, WK lift can be used for the XK too.

Unread 09-21-2005, 08:45 AM   #20
Jason, aka: Jeepin.com
Vendor

1995 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:

Thanks!
Contact AEV Conversions - http://www.aev-conversions.com - and see if they've got any prototypes yet for the XK. Jeep had a lifted Xk at CampJeep that had a safari rack, I don't know if AEV built it or not though.

The Jeep looks nice, I love that flooring in the garage though! What is it?
'00 TJ, SOLD, wife's, RE 4.5" long-arm, 35" MT/Rs, D30+OX, D44+ARB, 4.88s, full cage, winch, C4x4 & Jeeperman bumpers, etc, etc.

Jason, aka: Jeepin.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2005, 08:47 AM   #21
Vendor

1995 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinci-Sur-WJ
Did you check with www.rock-road.com, they are looking for some WK earlier. One guy from JU forum send his jeep got a 2.75" lift and rock-rails and all the good the stuff.

Some one mentioned that, WK lift can be used for the XK too.
Yeah, try Rusty's OffRoad too, I know they've done a lifted XK already. And good point about using a WK lift, that should work just fine for the most part, since the XK uses all the same running gear as the WK.
'00 TJ, SOLD, wife's, RE 4.5" long-arm, 35" MT/Rs, D30+OX, D44+ARB, 4.88s, full cage, winch, C4x4 & Jeeperman bumpers, etc, etc.

Unread 09-21-2005, 10:29 AM   #22
SYCOHEMI

Thanks Everyone for the tips on getting some mods. I will check into those this week. Work keeps getting in the way of my PROJECT COMMANDER. Heheh.

As for the flooring Jason, it's an epoxy coating. You can do it yourself, and I have before, the most important step is probably preparing the floor for coating. And use the good stuff. We did it once in college, with cheap stuff that kept coming up on hot tires. As for my current garage, I had someone else do it, since I was focused on packing and moving, and wanted to get it done, so I could move my stuff directly into the garage, without having to move my stuff out again, to coat it. There is usually some sand to give the floor grip too. Glad that you like it. It's very easy to clean and durable.
'05 Land Rover LR3 SE
Unread 09-21-2005, 10:30 AM   #23
SYCOHEMI

Cinci-Sur,

I tried to go to www.rock-road.com, but just got a generic site. Not sure if it is the same one you were thinking of.
'05 Land Rover LR3 SE
Unread 09-21-2005, 10:53 AM   #24
SYCOHEMI

rustysoffroad.com

Their home page says "Jeep gave us a Commander" with a picture of a stock Commander, and then it transitions into "We gave it a promotion" and shows a lifted Commander.

Then it says "Coming Soon."

Looks promising. I may have to trek out to Alabama.
'05 Land Rover LR3 SE
Unread 09-21-2005, 11:14 AM   #25
CinciSurWJ

Quote:
Cinci-Sur,

I tried to go to www.rock-road.com, but just got a generic site. Not sure if it is the same one you were thinking of.
Sorry for the typo.

Try this www.rocky-road.com/index2.html

Unread 09-22-2005, 09:18 PM   #26
marlon_jbt
2010 KK Liberty 

That's one good looking Commander! I've liked this thing from the start, but that blue really brings out all the good in it!

Oh yeah, and there's no such thing as an LJ.
Unread 09-22-2005, 09:25 PM   #27
Vendor

1995 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlon_jbt

Oh yeah, and there's no such thing as an LJ.
Uh yeah, there is. It's called the Wrangler Unlimited

Unread 09-22-2005, 11:20 PM   #28
SYCOHEMI

Thanks Marlon. I thought it was pretty bizarre looking when I saw the photos. But I immediately fell in love with it when I saw it in person at the dealership. And the blue was perfect too.

Continuing to get a lot of compliments on both the interior and exterior.

Mostly though, I was just looking for a capable offroader with a boxy, practical shape.

The 2006 Accessory Brochures for the Commanders are out now too, looks like a good selection of factory accessories, although some of the stuff isn't immediately available.
'05 Land Rover LR3 SE
Unread 09-24-2005, 11:05 AM   #29
03jeeper78

In every picture I see, it looks like it's about to tip over backwards. My dealer had one in stock a few weeks ago, and it looks a lot better in person. It'll still look a lot better with a lift and 33's though.. just like an LJ.
BSMCCEP Club Member #45
Stock: 4.0L I6:5-speed:3.07 gears:D35 with Trac-Loc:15x7 Ecco wheels:Dual Top Group
Mods: 30x9.5 BFG A-T T/A KO's:JKS Quicker disconnects:Rock-It Man rocker guards:Jeep Medic oil pan/tranny skid:Kilby steering skid:Warn D30 diff guard:C4x4 D35 diff guard:Rusty's radiator guard:Skid Row LCA skids:SilverStar headlights and fogs:Hidden Hitch class III receiver:Old Realistic 40ch CB:2' Firestik II:Arizona Rocky Road tailgate antenna mount
Next : Jeeperman rear bumper

'06 Candy Orange Honda Shadow Spirit 750
03jeeper78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2005, 11:06 PM   #30
marlon_jbt
2010 KK Liberty 

No, there isn't. It's called a TJ. (D)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03jeeper78
In every picture I see, it looks like it's about to tip over backwards.
Hey, I noticed that too... but didn't say anything about it... It doesn't look like that in person though.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.