do you think the Aftermarket will support this model? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > do you think the Aftermarket will support this model?

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valuePremium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGRugged Ridge 8500lb Winch w/ Steel Cable $294.99 Shipped O

Unread 09-10-2005, 06:31 PM   #1
Ndru

do you think the Aftermarket will support this model?

I'm just wondering what y'all might think or may have heard. I saw the skyjacker ad that says " coming soon jeep comander" so maybe there's some hope. a 3-4 inch lift would really help the proportions . it looks a little long at stock height. .Frankly I cringe when I see the limited versions with all the chrome trimPUUUULLLEASE. It aint a frikin Lincoln . But I fear we will see many more with 22's and Bling. what I want to see is lift , steel bumpers ,and rear tire carrier. someone mentioned a lifted one at camp jeep.. ANY PICS???

Ndru is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2005, 02:44 PM   #2
creature
2001 XJ Cherokee 

with any new model, aftermarket support will start off slow but gradually pick up. Don't look forward to spectacular support until the first warrentys are through.
Unread 09-12-2005, 10:40 AM   #3
JeepCrazyKid

Took a long time for anyone to come with a lift kit for the Liberty........expect the same.
'98 XJ
JeepCrazyKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2005, 12:21 PM   #4
92blazn
2010 JK Wrangler 

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, Wife was going to get one not the chrome, But she did not get the promotion so might have to wait a little longer?

But I would jack-it up
I'm not actually going for the wheeling, I just want to watch Ed drive his Jeep. :o
92blazn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2005, 10:00 PM   #5
Reelm n Rubi
Fish fear me

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Jeeps are meant to be customized, there will be companies all over the commander model in no time. 31's would probably go in there with 3-4"s. Find a set of Rubi Moabs with mtr's on Ebay.
Kieth Black forged 944 pistons
Comp Cams custom ground camshaft
505 Performance PCM
Split Second Engineering fuel/timing management
Tom Woods CV driveshaft
50 lb/hr Trick Flow injectors
4" Full Traction LA with Bilstein 7100's
JKS 1" MM,BL. TeraFlex engine and steering armor
4.88's w/ 35 " Toyo Open Country m/t's
Moser Chromoly axle shafts front, Superior D44 rear
Warn 9.5ti on a M.O.R.E hi clearance bumper
Reid racing knuckles, Warn premium hubs
PIAA 525's, and 510's

XBOX Gamertag- ISHAGDyurGURL

For SALE-- standard drop pitman arm redrilled with new 1 ton GM tye rod end (bottom mount). Perfect $30
Reelm n Rubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2005, 01:54 PM   #6
Jason, aka: Jeepin.com
Vendor

1995 XJ Cherokee 

Here's the lifted one from CampJeep. A friend of mine took the pics. They're on his flickr account: http://jeepin.net/forum/showthread.php?t=14792

I think it looks awesome lifted like that. That is how it SHOULD be coming stock! Biggest problem is going to be the price... a fully loaded Hemi is over $40k.

SkyJacker and Rusty's OffRoad are already working on lifts, and I'm sure some others will follow. It's a Jeep afterall, so of course there's going to be aftermarket support.
'00 TJ, SOLD, wife's, RE 4.5" long-arm, 35" MT/Rs, D30+OX, D44+ARB, 4.88s, full cage, winch, C4x4 & Jeeperman bumpers, etc, etc.

Jason, aka: Jeepin.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-16-2005, 08:02 AM   #7
BlaineWasHere
BecauseRacecar

AEV is coming out with a 4" lift for the WK... and th XK and WK are much alike!
Unread 09-16-2005, 02:13 PM   #8
Rocky529
Jeep

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason, aka: Jeepin.com
Here's the lifted one from CampJeep. A friend of mine took the pics. They're on his flickr account: http://jeepin.net/forum/showthread.php?t=14792

I think it looks awesome lifted like that. That is how it SHOULD be coming stock! Biggest problem is going to be the price... a fully loaded Hemi is over $40k.

SkyJacker and Rusty's OffRoad are already working on lifts, and I'm sure some others will follow. It's a Jeep afterall, so of course there's going to be aftermarket support.
Hey I saw that too at Camp Jeep

Nice vehicles..I'd like one for a tow rig or just another car to have.

Silver Metallic finish with black dual tops - Dana 44 Rear
2.25" Suspension Lift with Old Man Emu Shocks
Performance Accessories 1" Body Lift
Daystar 1" Motor Mount Lift
Spidertrax 1.25" Wheel Spacers - 32"x11.5" MT/R Tires
Rocky529 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2005, 10:15 PM   #9
highryder08

i think it would look real nice lifted and riding on a pair of 33 inch Mud Terrains.....
2000 Black TJ Sport, 4.5in. Superlift, 33x12.5in BF Goodrich Mud-Terrain's, 15x10in Cragar Black Steelies, Mile Marker 9000lb. winch, Bestop Tire Carrier, Custom Made Rear Bumper, Hella 500's, ARB Snorkel, Uniden CB/PA, SOLD
Appalachin State Mountaineers- Back to Back to Back National Champions!!
Go Noles!!
highryder08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2005, 10:05 PM   #10
SYCOHEMI

Commander Support

I just picked up a new 2006, so I am going to start contacting companies to see if they are interested in using my vehicle for R&D. I've contacted Gibson exhaust and WAAG already.

I used to work in the motorcycle industry, and was successful in the past in swapping my vehicle for R&D use in exchange for parts.

Hopefully others are doing the same, and the aftermarket response will be quick.

I can't wait to modify this beauty and start testing out the offroad capabilities.
'06 Commander Ltd, 5.7L Hemi, QDII, Midnight Blue, Gibson Exhaust, Raingler Net, K&N FIPK, Remote Start, Optima Yellow, Skid plates & Tow Hooks, Rocky Road 2.25 Lift, New Rear DT Shocks, 265/70R17 REVO's, 6061-T6 Custom Wheel Adapters, 4xGuard Rock Rails/Steps
'05 Land Rover LR3 SE
SYCOHEMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2005, 11:01 AM   #11
CinciSurWJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYCOHEMI
I just picked up a new 2006, so I am going to start contacting companies to see if they are interested in using my vehicle for R&D. I've contacted Gibson exhaust and WAAG already.

I used to work in the motorcycle industry, and was successful in the past in swapping my vehicle for R&D use in exchange for parts.

Hopefully others are doing the same, and the aftermarket response will be quick.

I can't wait to modify this beauty and start testing out the offroad capabilities.
You got to post the pics of your Commander. Saw one at my dealer, they looked reall nice.
Kevin's 2.5"BB, DT3000, OME SS, Addco Rear Sway bar
Front Skid & Transfer Case Skid.

CinciSurWJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2005, 12:19 AM   #12
SYCOHEMI

I would love to post pictures, but I think since I am a new member, I have to wait 30 days or something like that.

PM me your email and I'll be happy to send a few.

Comments from onlookers continues to be positive.

Someone asked me if it cost about $70,000. I thought that was pretty funny.

But it does look nice.

My first mod was at the dealership. I asked him to get rid of the chrome six spokes and put on the five spoke brushed aluminum. I thought it really helped the look, as there is enough chrome on the vehicle already, and the chrome wheels would probably get pretty beat up offroad.

I'll post pics as soon as I can.
'06 Commander Ltd, 5.7L Hemi, QDII, Midnight Blue, Gibson Exhaust, Raingler Net, K&N FIPK, Remote Start, Optima Yellow, Skid plates & Tow Hooks, Rocky Road 2.25 Lift, New Rear DT Shocks, 265/70R17 REVO's, 6061-T6 Custom Wheel Adapters, 4xGuard Rock Rails/Steps
'05 Land Rover LR3 SE
SYCOHEMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2005, 08:15 AM   #13
CinciSurWJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYCOHEMI
I would love to post pictures, but I think since I am a new member, I have to wait 30 days or something like that.

PM me your email and I'll be happy to send a few.

I'll post pics as soon as I can.
you can sign up in www.photobucket.com and after uploading the pic on that site, just copy the img tag under each pics and paste it here.
Kevin's 2.5"BB, DT3000, OME SS, Addco Rear Sway bar
Front Skid & Transfer Case Skid.

CinciSurWJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2005, 12:02 PM   #14
Tom95YJ
[] Eye'd Jeep Connoisseur

1999 XJ Cherokee 

I saw some Thug'd out White dude driving a Commander w/hemi lastnight he had some 22's on it ..........

I was thinking to myslef what a waste of a Jeep I cant wait till the lifts are out for them i know they would look better lifted than at stock height just like the LJ's
Unread 09-20-2005, 02:48 PM   #15
chino85

A 2 inch lift shouldn't take too long,but above that I would want to compare what a couple companies are offering before jumping into something bigger.

We are going to see a lot of these jeeps made for the street. Jeep is advertising it as a "urban", and are targeting the escalade, navigator, range rover crowd with it.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.