Do Jeep Grands have 3rd row seat? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Do Jeep Grands have 3rd row seat?

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Don't forget the Jeep Forum discount, 10% off!Ruffstuff's Monster Shock Brackets!

Unread 02-25-2008, 10:11 AM   #1
JFamily
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Do Jeep Grands have 3rd row seat?

do the newer (05+) Jeep Grand Cherokees have third row seating?

JFamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2008, 10:13 AM   #2
XJLI
1993 XJ Cherokee 

no

10charzzz

XJLI is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2008, 10:13 AM   #3
JG_Canuck
2000 WJ 

No.

10 char.
JG_Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2008, 10:14 AM   #4
JFamily
1997 TJ Wrangler 

darn.

thanks guys
Unread 02-25-2008, 10:30 AM   #5
JFamily
1997 TJ Wrangler 

how big is the compartment area between the back seat and the tailgate? roomy?

my wife is looking for an suv, she says that "3rd seat is a must". I don't know why, the 2nd row is going to have two carseats, and she rarely has any more passengers than that , so I'm trying to convince her otherwise
Unread 02-25-2008, 10:34 AM   #6
Reswob
1998 ZJ 

XK Commander's have 3rd rows, and are basically WK's with slightly longer bodies (wheelbase is the same).

EDIT: I don't know why 'everyone' feels the need to buy an SUV with a 3rd row. The seats are so small as to be nearly unuseable, the cargo room all but dissappears.. If you really NEED to have that many people in your vehicle on a daily basis (and chances are you DON'T), get a mini van, Soccer Mom. And for the one or 2 times you find yourself needing to transport more than 5 people, I happen to know that even a ZJ can hold 9 in a pinch

#27. Shirts get dirty. Underwear gets dirty. Pants? Pants never get dirty, and you can wear them forever.
Reswob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2008, 10:46 AM   #7
Kyoseki
Inconceivable!

^ What he said, the commander's third row seating is a joke, they're only good for children and midgets and God forbid you need to get in or out in a hurry.
Unread 02-25-2008, 10:47 AM   #8
JFamily
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I've been trying to tell her that she doesn't need a 3rd row for those reasons. Her mom's Tahoe has a third seat, tight even for kids, and that's on a "fullsize" SUV... and I'm not paying fullsize prices

newer grands are nice though?
Unread 02-25-2008, 11:36 AM   #9
JG_Canuck
2000 WJ 

Yeah, my wife wanted to get the Durango, b/c it has the third row seat, for those occasions when we "might" have a couple of the kids' friends to take somewhere... I pointed out that in a couple of years, our kids' friends are not going to be very comfortable back there in any event, so it was GC for the win.

The GC has a lot of room back there. We travel to the cottage stocked with food and gear, my two kids and a big dog. Everyone has plenty of room.
JG_Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2008, 11:44 AM   #10
bigwrm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reswob View Post
XK Commander's have 3rd rows, and are basically WK's with slightly longer bodies (wheelbase is the same).

EDIT: I don't know why 'everyone' feels the need to buy an SUV with a 3rd row. The seats are so small as to be nearly unuseable, the cargo room all but dissappears.. If you really NEED to have that many people in your vehicle on a daily basis (and chances are you DON'T), get a mini van, Soccer Mom. And for the one or 2 times you find yourself needing to transport more than 5 people, I happen to know that even a ZJ can hold 9 in a pinch
My record was 12 in my 92 Sideflip/kick. Hit a decent bump and the hard top popped off.
Oh to be 16 again....
bigwrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2008, 12:27 PM   #11
--chris--
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I can fit a sub box with one JL 12W6 behind the second row seating of my grand....and there is a little room left over for random crap, but not much.
--chris-- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2008, 01:30 PM   #12
LandRover
1998 XJ Cherokee 

My wife and I are having this same debate. She wants seating for our kids, all of their potential friends, and possibly their potential friends' parents. She wants all of this in a vehicle no bigger than the Discovery, that will get 30 miles per gallon while pulling the boat, that will feel like a honda civic in the summer and handle snow like the Rover in winter. I am at a loss.
Sliders, Goodyear Duratrac 33's
LandRover is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2008, 01:40 PM   #13
JFamily
1997 TJ Wrangler 

don't forget the Hemi power to get up and move in traffic

She's too strong today, Jedi mind tricks are not working, she's still saying "Durango". I'll get some sleep and try again tomorrow.
Unread 02-25-2008, 01:41 PM   #14
--chris--
2001 TJ Wrangler 

--chris-- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2008, 01:42 PM   #15
AlTheKillerr

both my sister and brother have newer GCs and are very nice and a comfortable ride. my brother and i would drive his from here to texas all the time. roughly a 15 hour drive straight
AlTheKillerr is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.