Do all wk come with a fuel tank skid plate? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Do all wk come with a fuel tank skid plate?

Savvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 10-01-2013, 10:31 AM   #1
suzieque
2008 WK 

Do all wk come with a fuel tank skid plate?

I wanted to take off the fuel tank skid plate to check for rust issues between the metal fuel tank on the crd and the skid plate. The dealer said the fuel tank skid plate actually cannot be removed because it holds up the fuel tank. I thought this was odd. Do all wk use a factory fuel skid plate to hold up the fuel tank?

2008 WK "S" Limited bright metallic silver exterior, light graystone interior, 5 speed W5J400 transmission, June 18/2008 build, C213RE rear differential with 3.73 axle ratio, C200FE front differential with 3.73 axle ratio, 245/60R18 Goodyear Fortera tires (stock summer tires), NV245 transfer case, GT2056V turbo, 3.0L CRD (OM642.980)
suzieque is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-01-2013, 10:51 AM   #2
dieseljeep07

2007 WK 

All come with a metal plate which does as much protection as a skid plate. It is just missing another plate which is welded on for the attachment of the transfer case skid plate. My 07 CRD did not come with factory skids, so I finally broke down and purchased them. It is surprisingly easy to drop the tank, just wait and do it when the tank is almost empty. I dropped the tank and put new skids on in an afternoon. If this link doesn't work, just look for skid plate removal instructions. Very easy to do. http://www.jeepworld.com/accessories...plates_ifu.pdf
dieseljeep07 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-02-2013, 09:56 AM   #3
suzieque
2008 WK 

Thanks for the reply and pdf. My thinking at this time is to try and pressure wash between the skid and fuel tank, let it dry then flood the area with rust converter until i have time to drop the tank.
2008 WK "S" Limited bright metallic silver exterior, light graystone interior, 5 speed W5J400 transmission, June 18/2008 build, C213RE rear differential with 3.73 axle ratio, C200FE front differential with 3.73 axle ratio, 245/60R18 Goodyear Fortera tires (stock summer tires), NV245 transfer case, GT2056V turbo, 3.0L CRD (OM642.980)
suzieque is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.