Do all 2008 wk come with projectors housings? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Do all 2008 wk come with projectors housings?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsWant to be able to SEE? DOT Approved Headlights for under

Unread 10-09-2014, 02:06 AM   #1
gwjeepwk
2008 WK 

Do all 2008 wk come with projectors housings?

Looking to get hids in my 2008 but mine did not come with the projector housing as seen on other 2008 and later models...

Any help?

gwjeepwk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-09-2014, 04:42 AM   #2
hxdrummerxc
2008 WK 

Nope. It was an added option.

My 2008 limited hemi had almost all the options. But still didn't have projectors.

So now you either have to buy a set of stock OEM projector housings (around $300 for the pair), or buy aftermarket headlights (like spyder, which I personally think look ugly), or open your stock headlights and cut and install projectors in them yourself (cheaper and still nice, but a lot of work)
08' Limited 5.7L QTII | Hemi Club #76 | Saguaro Front Shackles | Blacked out front grille, Blacked out stock chrome wheels | Bwoody 4" Short Ram Velocity Intake | Flowmaster Super 44 & resonator delete | Superchips Vivid |
hxdrummerxc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-09-2014, 11:51 AM   #3
gwjeepwk
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hxdrummerxc View Post
Nope. It was an added option.

My 2008 limited hemi had almost all the options. But still didn't have projectors.

So now you either have to buy a set of stock OEM projector housings (around $300 for the pair), or buy aftermarket headlights (like spyder, which I personally think look ugly), or open your stock headlights and cut and install projectors in them yourself (cheaper and still nice, but a lot of work)
Thanks man! Did you go ahead and buy the stock OEM housing? And if so where did you purchase from?
Unread 10-09-2014, 03:53 PM   #4
bmac13579
2007 WK 

I have a 2007 WK that didn't have projectors as an option, but I went ahead and purchased '08 style projector headlights and did a complete HID headlight upgrade.
I originally looked at aftermarket projectors but did not like the style of any of them so just bought the stock style through RockAuto.
I absolutely love the look of the projector housings and the light output of the HIDs is amazing.
2007 WK - Silver WK Club Member #71, 4.7L V8, 5 spd Auto, Autobot Decal (grfxedge.com), Aspen Creek Front Tow Shackles, Factory Tow Hitch
Check out more pictures and info here: www.mywk.tumblr.com
bmac13579 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-09-2014, 04:11 PM   #5
hxdrummerxc
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwjeepwk View Post

Thanks man! Did you go ahead and buy the stock OEM housing? And if so where did you purchase from?
I never ended up doing the projectors or HIDs. I almost did, but decided that I didn't want to spend the money.

EBay or rockauto would be good places to search. When I was looking I found a pair for about $260 which was the cheapest I seen anywhere. You have to be careful because a lot of sellers put them up single (only one side) and they still want $200+ for it.
08' Limited 5.7L QTII | Hemi Club #76 | Saguaro Front Shackles | Blacked out front grille, Blacked out stock chrome wheels | Bwoody 4" Short Ram Velocity Intake | Flowmaster Super 44 & resonator delete | Superchips Vivid |
hxdrummerxc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-09-2014, 07:12 PM   #6
gwjeepwk
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmac13579 View Post
I have a 2007 WK that didn't have projectors as an option, but I went ahead and purchased '08 style projector headlights and did a complete HID headlight upgrade.
I originally looked at aftermarket projectors but did not like the style of any of them so just bought the stock style through RockAuto.
I absolutely love the look of the projector housings and the light output of the HIDs is amazing.
Awesome! Do you recall how much you paid when you were all set and done? And do you by any chance have pictures?
Unread 10-09-2014, 07:13 PM   #7
gwjeepwk
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hxdrummerxc View Post
I never ended up doing the projectors or HIDs. I almost did, but decided that I didn't want to spend the money.

EBay or rockauto would be good places to search. When I was looking I found a pair for about $260 which was the cheapest I seen anywhere. You have to be careful because a lot of sellers put them up single (only one side) and they still want $200+ for it.
Thanks man! Yeah I was looking on ebay and realized that haha
Unread 10-10-2014, 10:06 AM   #8
bmac13579
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwjeepwk
Awesome! Do you recall how much you paid when you were all set and done? And do you by any chance have pictures?
I want to say that this upgrade was close to $500 between the projector headlight housings, HID bulbs, ballasts, and the wiring harness you need to buy.

Here's a quick before and after.

image-2946574021.jpg

image-697045926.jpg
2007 WK - Silver WK Club Member #71, 4.7L V8, 5 spd Auto, Autobot Decal (grfxedge.com), Aspen Creek Front Tow Shackles, Factory Tow Hitch
Unread 10-12-2014, 12:01 AM   #9
gwjeepwk
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmac13579 View Post
I want to say that this upgrade was close to $500 between the projector headlight housings, HID bulbs, ballasts, and the wiring harness you need to buy.

Here's a quick before and after.

Attachment 1648082

Attachment 1648090
Man those look great! Definitely going to purchase some projector housings.
Unread 10-12-2014, 07:42 AM   #10
scootr29
Web Wheeler

2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwjeepwk
Man those look great! Definitely going to purchase some projector housings.
why?......you can purchase a set of HIR bulbs and have much better lighting than the projectors for a lot cheaper.....
Silver WK Club Member #1
2008 CRD QT2
scootr29 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-12-2014, 08:42 AM   #11
bmac13579
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by scootr29
why?......you can purchase a set of HIR bulbs and have much better lighting than the projectors for a lot cheaper.....
You say that, but when I ran the HIR bulbs (which I did in my head lights, fog lights, and high beams), I didn't notice much of a difference over the Silverstar Ultras I was running. I like the look of the projector housing as well as the sharp cutoff the beam pattern has. It's obviously all personal opinion, but I prefer this over halogens.
Unread 10-12-2014, 11:07 AM   #12
ca07wk
Crawl-Offroad.com
2007 WK 

Look up Eagle Eye on Ebay, there are a few WKers running them. They are replica OEM 08+ housings.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/JEEP-GRAND-C...b4f581&vxp=mtr

http://www.ebay.com/itm/JEEP-GRAND-C...057201&vxp=mtr
ca07wk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.