Do all 05 WK have ESP?? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Do all 05 WK have ESP??

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Ring & Pinion's, Lockers, 4340 Axles, Install Kits, Ba

Unread 02-22-2008, 12:58 PM   #1
richsei
2008 JK Wrangler 

Do all 05 WK have ESP??

Do all 05 WK have ESP I have talked to Jeep customer services they dont know and I have talked to several dealers. But know one can tell me yes they do or no they dont.. If any one out there has a 05 WK and knows they have ESP can you tell me if you have light on the dash or a ESP buton to trun it on and off???? or any way of knowing if I have it...I have the traction control buton and the light for it in the dash. But nothing for ESP.

richsei is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-22-2008, 01:03 PM   #2
2007GrandDiesel
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by richsei View Post
Do all 05 WK have ESP I have talked to Jeep customer services they dont know and I have talked to several dealers. But know one can tell me yes they do or no they dont.. If any one out there has a 05 WK and knows they have ESP can you tell me if you have light on the dash or a ESP buton to trun it on and off???? or any way of knowing if I have it...I have the traction control buton and the light for it in the dash. But nothing for ESP.

I believe ESP is standard on all US WK's. You should see a picture of a car sliding on the button, that I believe is ESP. Do you not see an ESP light on your dash when you start the car? Should say ESP BAS
2007GrandDiesel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-22-2008, 01:08 PM   #3
richsei
2008 JK Wrangler 

No light that says ESP BAS. I do have the one that shows the car sliding but that is my traction control light it truns on and off when I press the traction button and it shows in the Info center that traction control is disabled.
Unread 02-22-2008, 02:36 PM   #4
Texas WJ
Web Wheeler

2005 WK 

Electronic Stability Program (ESP) is traction control.

http://wkjeeps.com/wk_esp.htm
Texas WJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-22-2008, 03:23 PM   #5
AferVentus
2006 LJ Wrangler 

The ESP program was optional for the '05s. On our 05 limited we had to get the 'K' package with the UConnect and heated seats and other things. This included the ESP. I believe you could get this as a standalone feature on the Laredo, though. For '06, this was standard across the lineup. Look here: (under the safety and security features)http://wkjeeps.com/2005_features_options.htm
AferVentus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-22-2008, 03:30 PM   #6
2007GrandDiesel
2007 WK 

Learn something every day
2007GrandDiesel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-22-2008, 04:27 PM   #7
richsei
2008 JK Wrangler 

Thanks that was a lot of help.. Now I wounder if you can add it???

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.