Discovered AUX in my 07 WK Today. You might have it too. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Discovered AUX in my 07 WK Today. You might have it too.

Building a Bumper?Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 04-09-2013, 04:19 PM   #1
1EvilHemi
2007 WK 

Discovered AUX in my 07 WK Today. You might have it too.

Well....sort of.... I need a little confirmation on this first... When i first purchased my Jeep last year, i discovered something in the compartment underneath the pedal adjustment buttons.. inside this compartment, on the roof i felt what seemed to be a spot to put an ethernet cable.. We asked Jeep what it was and they said it was for the dealership to plug into for updates to the computer...However...Today my boyfriend installed an aftermarket Pioneer Double Din to replace my stock Radio/Nav.. While removing my stock radio, we found a black box with 4 wires attached to it. 1 wire lead directly into this Ethernet port in the compartment.. The other three wires went into the stock radio i believe.. Googled the part number 82210181 and came to find that it is the mopar iPod interface kit. The only piece I was missing is the wire to connect one end in this Ethernet port in the compartment and the other end goes into the iPod. I'm just wondering if anyone else has this Ethernet port in their compartment on the roof or did the previous owner of my vehicle cut a hole for this. Thanks so much and I hope you have it, might make life a bit easier lol.

image-2355595247.jpg   image-2946980809.jpg   image-435991696.jpg   image-1412874070.jpg   image-3588203149.jpg  

07 Red Rock Crystal Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 5.7 QDII. Gibson 3" Cat Back exhaust, modified K&N FIPK cold air intake wet sanded, primed & painted PEM Red Rock Crystal with custom "EVIL HEMI" K&N decal design. Custom Mopar Engine Cover Insert with additional air slots. Removed OEM sticker pin striping. Hawk Performance LTS Brake pads, Stillen cross drilled rotors, OEM calipers custom Duplicolor mix-painted dark red. LED lighted red cup holder rings. 2" Daystar lift kit & Bilstein shocks purchased (awaiting installation).
1EvilHemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2013, 07:57 PM   #2
trax95008
Web Wheeler
2006 XK Commander 

Judging by the antenna in/out plugs, it looks like an FM modulated adaptor. Not that it helps any...
trax95008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2013, 08:29 PM   #3
Drudgery1971

2007 WK 

Just checked my 07 CRD and nothing visible but never tore it apart either.
Unread 04-09-2013, 09:54 PM   #4
ducktail
2009 WK 

First of all, I am not an ipid person so when the salesman was trying to show me this great hookup, I all but ignored him. My 09 had some wire connector that you hook into the plug in the back top of the glovebox. and the you plug the ipod to that.

My kids have found it much easier to plug in anything with any sort of a jack to the aux and usb ports on the radio, They don't even look at the apple plug. And except for the phone, all their stuff is ipod/apple.

For what it is worth, all my "stuff" is Microsoft and I don't need a special plug. Everything works.
Unread 04-09-2013, 11:03 PM   #5
1EvilHemi
2007 WK 

I think everyone misunderstood lol.. I'm just trying to see if this Ethernet connector came as an option in the 07 Grand Cherokee.. (See picture where I am pointing to).. It is located on the top of that compartment.. If you don't feel a hole, then I can presume the owner before me installed it himself.. I'm only curious because i was wondering for months what it was for and im sure many others would be wondering the same thing.. thats why im asking if anyone with an 07 Grand Cherokee can check and feel for an Ethernet port on the top of the compartment where i am pointing to in the photo. thanks.
07 Red Rock Crystal Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 5.7 QDII. Gibson 3" Cat Back exhaust, modified K&N FIPK cold air intake wet sanded, primed & painted PEM Red Rock Crystal with custom "EVIL HEMI" K&N decal design. Custom Mopar Engine Cover Insert with additional air slots. Removed OEM sticker pin striping. Hawk Performance LTS Brake pads, Stillen cross drilled rotors, OEM calipers custom Duplicolor mix-painted dark red. LED lighted red cup holder rings. 2" Daystar lift kit & Bilstein shocks purchased (awaiting installation).
1EvilHemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2013, 06:22 AM   #6
LJS8510
Web Wheeler

2008 WK 

I have to check mine, never heard of it before
you might find some info here
http://www.wkjeeps.com/kmenu.htm

08 CRD @ 163,000
OME HD Lift about 3"
4xGuard Rails
Stillens
AEV Wheels 5.75 BS
JBA UCA's
GSA 255/75/17 32.1" (no bolt cut/no pinch weld)
spare 265/70/17 stock location
Lockpic, 100,000 club
LJS8510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2013, 08:41 AM   #7
wookiee
Bought, not built.

2007 WK 

I have an 07 Overland which was supposed to have all available options installed. It doesn't have this nor does the Service Manual show it anywhere. Maybe one of the previous owners installed it.
07 Steel Blue Overland CRD QDII | Bilsteins | 4xguard Matrix | Rear SRT8 SwayBar | DashHawk w/egt | Provent | MBRP XP Exhaust | New Intake Tube & Seal + EHM | Alternator Splash Guard | Crank Sensor | GPS AL InMotion Hack | Swirl motor bypass | Fuelly.com - wookiee | Blue WK Club Member #13 | 100,000 Mile Club | Dogpiled Club | flashpaq 3872 for those no 4-low days |
wookiee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2013, 01:57 PM   #8
ndmbbl3
2005 WK 

It's in the same spot that i installed my aux input port, simply because it was the easiest & cleanest point in the dash for me to drill through. Possibly the prior owner of your jeep did the same
Unread 04-10-2013, 02:01 PM   #9
ca07wk
Crawl-Offroad.com
2007 WK 

Its an FM modulated Ipod interface Part # 82210181AB. The dealer sells it for $124
ca07wk is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2013, 06:47 AM   #10
Zlartibartfast

2007 WK 

My 07 CRD does not have one of those, but it did come w/rear DVD. The DVD player's audio signal (or an external device connected to the L+R RCA input jacks) can be heard through the main speakers by selecting AUX input. There's probably no place to connect an iPod adapter kit when the DVD is installed
Zlartibartfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2013, 07:02 AM   #11
BurmaJack
2008 WK 

My '08.5 CRD has the Ipod plug in the glove box. It also came with another serial - type attachment that I don't know what it is for. Today I felt around the pocket below the centre console described by the OP and discovered a rectangular hole in the upper right hand corner of the BACK of the space. I did not however look to see if there is an ethernet port in there, I just felt a rectangular hole.

Blue WK Club Member #2
BurmaJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2013, 10:05 AM   #12
Budasac
2005 WK 

As someone already posted, it's a Mopar ipod adaptor (fm mod). The kit comes with a coiled cord (like a phone handset) that plugs into that "ethernet port" and has an Ipod plug on the other end.

I'm pretty sure I have one of these brand new in a box at home if anyone is interested.
Budasac is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2013, 09:29 AM   #13
JeepCares

Info from the Instruction Sheet for the kit:
ipod-1.png   ipod-2.png  
JeepCares is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.