Disabling the alarm since my keyless remote battery died. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Disabling the alarm since my keyless remote battery died.

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Clayton Off Road JK Short Arm Suspension Kits~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 03-02-2012, 04:15 PM   #1
slowurroll
2005 WK 

Disabling the alarm since my keyless remote battery died.

Is there a way to disable to alarm when I unlock the door with my key on my WK? The alarm keeps going off but both remotes have dead batteries in them. Is there a way to disable the alarm so that when I unlock it with my key and open it, it doesn't go off?

2005 Silver WK 4.7L - Silver WK Club #33
slowurroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2012, 05:07 PM   #2
terrasmak
2007 WK 

I noticed that too, I don't know if its the parent company or just Jeep that sucks balls. My Nissan i can use my door key at any time and not set the alarm off, i could even do that with my 98 Ford Explorer, but if i did it not using one of the proper chipped keys, the alarm would go off.
Unread 03-02-2012, 05:34 PM   #3
90grandoneer
2006 WK 

After you unlock it and the alarm goes off, try putting the key in the ignition and turning it on. Replace battery ASAP though.
06 GCO, Dk Khaki, QDII, Flshing Hi 3rd Bk Lt, MDS "ON" Lt, Airtab Vortex Gens, Debadged, Fumoto Drain Valve, BT Catch Can, Chopped EGR Tube, SRT8 CAI, K&N Filter, Sonnax Trans Line Press Booster, SC Tuner W/Adv Trans Tune App, DS Tuner, Cust tubular hdrs w/3 in Magnaflow/Xlerator AP Exh Sys, Bilsteins, SRT Springs/Sways, Cust Eng Cvr, SRT8 frt/rear bumpers, FRI Sidewinder Cam/6.1 valvetrain, SLP 25% UD Pulley, BBK true 90mm T-Body, SOS Ign Coils w/.060 spark plug gaps, SRT Reps with 265/45&295/40X20's.
90grandoneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2012, 05:40 PM   #4
colinzj
2006 WK 

You have to start the vehicle. It's a designed-in feature on many newer vehicles as the old 90s-style "just unlock the door" disarm lent itself to abuse. You can either not use the alarm (lock the doors manually; the Sentry Key system will still keep the vehicle from starting) or live with the alarm going off as it's designed to.

The batteries for one fob are $4 at any grocery store, drugstore, or battery store. Just replace them.
Unread 03-02-2012, 05:41 PM   #5
slowurroll
2005 WK 

^^ Thanks for the reply. That helps. Guess I will just have to run to the store asap. This just happened today right before work so I haven't had time to go till I'm off tonight or tomorrow. just wanted to see if I had any options other than that for right now lol
Unread 03-02-2012, 05:49 PM   #6
colinzj
2006 WK 

Psych yourself up and see how fast you can unlock the door, jump in the seat, and turn the key.
Unread 03-02-2012, 06:22 PM   #7
slowurroll
2005 WK 

Haha. That's not a bad idea. Maybe I'll turn it into a game!

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.