Dilemma - going for it all - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Dilemma - going for it all

Savvy Aluminum Gas Tank SkidFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control Arms

Unread 11-13-2005, 04:30 PM   #1
veggiedogwalker

Dilemma - going for it all

Are you like me?

If I'm going to spend money on something (specifically a new car/truck) I feel like I should get the model w/ the bigger options/engine because I'm shelling out alot of money as it is.

I'm not talking about an off road package that may not come in handy anyways but features like sunroof, 4.7 vs. 3.7 , etc.

Anyone else w/ me or are you content w/ just having the base model?

veggiedogwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2005, 08:20 AM   #2
SYCOHEMI

When you look at the pricing of the base model, it looks very tempting...

But if you don't get the options that you want, you'll may likely regret it later, unless you can add them later. Beware though, depending on what you add, it can cost more later.

Since I will be driving through the Mojave desert this weekend, I added tow hooks and skid plates, but it cost much more than the offroad package would have cost.

You'll never regret buying the HEMI. Consider resale value and enjoyment too...
'06 Commander Ltd, 5.7L Hemi, QDII, Midnight Blue, Gibson Exhaust, Raingler Net, K&N FIPK, Remote Start, Optima Yellow, Skid plates & Tow Hooks, Rocky Road 2.25 Lift, New Rear DT Shocks, 265/70R17 REVO's, 6061-T6 Custom Wheel Adapters, 4xGuard Rock Rails/Steps
'05 Land Rover LR3 SE
SYCOHEMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2005, 03:21 PM   #3
lauxie
2004 TJ Wrangler 

my GF just got a new commander. Regarding your dilemma, I would say to certainly upgrade from the base model to leather seats, sunroof, etc. Not sure about the engine. Obviously, the resale would be better. I'm just saying that the V6 seems to be plenty of power if you don't plan on pulling anything big.

Anyway, she's had it for a week and I feel like I step 20 years into the future when I step in the commander from my wrangler. ha ha ha

'04 Rubicon
5 spd
no cruise...ever
stock besides cheap + basic mods
lauxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-09-2005, 09:13 AM   #4
carmannj
2007 JK Wrangler 

I just bought the Commander U pkg and I love it. But I wouldn't go and buy all the options just because they are offered. Find out what options you want and buy the pkg that fits yours needs best. That way your getting what you want for your money.
carmannj is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.