digital thermometer - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > digital thermometer

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineAttention to the TJ owners 1996-2006 NEW LED LIGHT OPTIONSBds fox ipf 2.0 racing series shocks now available at rock

Unread 02-16-2006, 02:12 PM   #1
stephen

digital thermometer

Anyone else notice that it take awhile for the digital thermometer display to adjust to the correct temperture? For example, when i pull out of my garage where it is in the mid-60's to outside where it is in the mid-40's, it takes about 5 minutes to adjust.

I am wondering if there is some factory packaging/protective pieces around the thermometer housing that might be insulating it. Anyone know where the actual thermometer is on the commander?

stephen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2006, 06:38 PM   #2
JeepFreak91

i hear before (on a gc) that it takes several minuets to adjust at a certain speed to get an accurate reading but i could be wrong
JeepFreak91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2006, 06:55 PM   #3
stephen

makes sense, but typically I am only going 10-20 miles per hour in the neighborhood
Unread 02-16-2006, 10:01 PM   #4
SYCOHEMI

My wife's Cayenne S is the same way with the temp. It's always wildly off for 10 minutes or so, at the onset of coming out of the enclosed garage. I guess it takes some time for it to adjust.
'06 Commander Ltd, 5.7L Hemi, QDII, Midnight Blue, Gibson Exhaust, Raingler Net, K&N FIPK, Remote Start, Optima Yellow, Skid plates & Tow Hooks, Rocky Road 2.25 Lift, New Rear DT Shocks, 265/70R17 REVO's, 6061-T6 Custom Wheel Adapters, 4xGuard Rock Rails/Steps
'05 Land Rover LR3 SE

Last edited by SYCOHEMI; 02-18-2006 at 12:34 AM..
SYCOHEMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2006, 11:12 PM   #5
stephen

that seems like such a crazy design flaw...especially for a porsche. anyone know where the temp sensor is?
Unread 02-16-2006, 11:53 PM   #6
INTREPER

facing the front of the jeep, the sensor is located directly behind the grill on the left hand side. It is very accesible. The sensor takes a few minutes to adjust because it sits behind the grill in an open space. THat entire space has to get to temp before it can give a proper reading. So after you drive around for a few minutes it gets it right. Hope that made some sense.
Unread 02-17-2006, 07:53 PM   #7
stephen

great explanation..thanks!
Unread 03-15-2006, 05:41 AM   #8
Bing

Actually, my thermometer seems to be just about right.
I've checked it with local weather reports and my outdoor clock/thermometer
and it seems to be pretty close...+/_ 3 degrees or so.
Bing is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2006, 06:34 PM   #9
Rehasher

my commander does the same, as did my neon before it.
Rehasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2006, 06:01 PM   #10
stephen

update on the temp gauge........ took my commander in for its 3000 mile check up. i saw the TSB on the temp gauge being slightly off, so I mentioned my problem to the service guy (the problem was that it took several minutes to adjust to the new temperature when i pulled out of the garage). ends up the sensor was set to relay temp info every ten minutes. the service guy set it to 2 minute relay intervals. it working much better now

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.