did i read this right? (ome rear lift,spacer front lift) - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > did i read this right? (ome rear lift,spacer front lift)

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 05-16-2010, 05:34 PM   #1
osd

did i read this right? (ome rear lift,spacer front lift)

i was doing some research on here and i read on one of the posts that your better off doing a ome or rustys lift in the rear and just using spacers for the front if you plan on replacing rear shocks

if thats the case its still the same price as most kits. ive seen rusty rear 2" springs going for $130 for the set and rustys rear shocks going or $65 a set. spend $88 for rustys 2" spacers upfront and you got a lift.

*i just used rustys as an example. im sure the ome is better.

did i totally misunderstand what i read or did i understand it correctly?

osd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-16-2010, 06:31 PM   #2
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

If you did the OME coils in the rear and some spacers in the front it would not be even. OME coils will give you more of a 3" lift. If you are wanting to go this route i would suggest the rustys coils.

HEMI Club Member #31 - - - JEEP Makes It, HEMI Shakes It!!!
Omelet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-16-2010, 07:57 PM   #3
osd

if i did rusty 2" coils with rusty in the rear and rusty coils in the front what would i put for shocks upfront?
Unread 05-16-2010, 08:40 PM   #4
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

I would recommend either Bilstein or OME. I have the OME and I love them. The ride quality is awesome!

HEMI Club Member #31 - - - JEEP Makes It, HEMI Shakes It!!!
Omelet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-17-2010, 06:32 AM   #5
koj
2010 WK 

I have Rustys spacers in the front and OME springs in the rear. OME shocks all around. Im very satisfied. The original rear springs sagged (see photo in my profile) so I changed the rear springs when I changed the shocks. The OME springs and shocks are a little stiffer than the original.
Unread 05-17-2010, 06:34 AM   #6
koj
2010 WK 

Sorry shocks are Bilsteins
Unread 05-17-2010, 04:41 PM   #7
osd

Quote:
Originally Posted by koj View Post
I have Rustys spacers in the front and OME springs in the rear. OME shocks all around. Im very satisfied. The original rear springs sagged (see photo in my profile) so I changed the rear springs when I changed the shocks. The OME springs and shocks are a little stiffer than the original.
did you use 2" lift springs with regular/stock configured bilstein shocks?

i really dont do any serious 4 wheeling aside from the beach and the trails to the beach. i wanna be able to fit 265 or 255/75.
Unread 05-17-2010, 06:51 PM   #8
koj
2010 WK 

2" lift springs in the rear with standard length shocks. No problem
Unread 05-17-2010, 07:41 PM   #9
osd

why not just do springs upfront too?
Unread 05-18-2010, 02:50 AM   #10
koj
2010 WK 

Started with a BB front and rear. When the rear later was sagging, springs were the logical choice.
Unread 05-18-2010, 12:54 PM   #11
osd

did you take the rear bb lift out or leave it in? what im picturing in my head is the rear of your jeep having just 2" lift springs and the front have the bb lift. if you switched to just springs in the rear why not do the same in the front?
Unread 05-18-2010, 01:21 PM   #12
osd

im a moron i forgot the front is ifs.

my last truck (s10 blazer) was a torsion bar ifs, what a pain in the d*ck. so ill just do the bb up front, and shocks/springs in the rear.
Unread 05-18-2010, 03:26 PM   #13
koj
2010 WK 

If I would do it again I would choose Rock Crawler 3,5" for easy installation. Rustys and the like require taking the front struts off the wehicle and some cutting of bolts. Other BB kits need you to diassemble the front struts which is even mor work with compressing the spring etc.
Unread 05-18-2010, 05:07 PM   #14
osd

thats good to know, thanks.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.