DiabloSport Intune - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > DiabloSport Intune

Poison spyder items @ oconee off road 706 534 9955FrEaKy FrIdAy SaLe!!!!NEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!!

Unread 04-14-2013, 06:40 AM   #1
beaver8785

DiabloSport Intune

Hey guys just letting u know that I just tuned my 07 jeep GC w/ hemi with the diablo sport Intune on 91 octane and disabled the mds. The difference is crazy, super happy with it so if any body is looking for a good tuner I definitely recommend the diablo sport Intune

beaver8785 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-14-2013, 08:51 AM   #2
Jeepforthewin
Lucky Charms!

2005 WK 

any increase in MPG's?
Unread 04-14-2013, 09:05 AM   #3
beaver8785

Too soon to tell but will post details after two tanks of gas
Unread 04-14-2013, 09:15 AM   #4
Jeepforthewin
Lucky Charms!

2005 WK 

alright sounds good! are you gonna use 91 octane for the two tanks or a lower octane?
Unread 04-14-2013, 09:25 AM   #5
beaver8785

In both tanks
Unread 04-14-2013, 10:39 AM   #6
norwaywj
2006 XK Commander 

What is the setting called and where do I find it to turn of MDS ? I also have a Hemi with intune.
norwaywj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-14-2013, 11:13 AM   #7
beaver8785

You can either modify the stock tune or just pick one of the preloaded tunes that come with the Intune. In detail of what I did is plugged into my jeep let the Intune load up then I chose the 91 octane tune and just before it started to install into my jeep the Intune asked me If I would like to modify the selected tune, I chose yes and mds is the second Icon down from top and I selected mds and disabled it. Then I installed the tune into my jeep. But I. Could see that there r a crap load of variations I could do but I want to do more research before I really start modifying the tunes. Hope this helps.
Unread 04-14-2013, 11:42 AM   #8
Jeepforthewin
Lucky Charms!

2005 WK 

wouldnt disabling the mds cause your gas mileage to go down?
Unread 04-14-2013, 12:56 PM   #9
90grandoneer
2006 WK 

Yep, probably ~1-3 mpg on the highway, depending on speed/driving style. In town, maybe not too much, especially if you do a lot of stop and go. Bottom line is, I've never heard of anyone gaining mileage by shutting it off. With it off, it'll be a little smoother though without the MDS kicking in and out.
06 GCO, Dk Khaki, QDII, Flshing Hi 3rd Bk Lt, MDS "ON" Lt, Airtab Vortex Gens, Debadged, Fumoto Drain Valve, BT Catch Can, Chopped EGR Tube, SRT8 CAI, K&N Filter, Sonnax Trans Line Press Booster, SC Tuner W/Adv Trans Tune App, DS Tuner, Cust tubular hdrs w/3 in Magnaflow/Xlerator AP Exh Sys, Bilsteins, SRT Springs/Sways, Cust Eng Cvr, SRT8 frt/rear bumpers, FRI Sidewinder Cam/6.1 valvetrain, SLP 25% UD Pulley, BBK true 90mm T-Body, SOS Ign Coils w/.060 spark plug gaps, SRT Reps with 265/45&295/40X20's.
90grandoneer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-14-2013, 01:20 PM   #10
beaver8785

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90grandoneer
Yep, probably ~1-3 mpg on the highway, depending on speed/driving style. In town, maybe not too much, especially if you do a lot of stop and go. Bottom line is, I've never heard of anyone gaining mileage by shutting it off. With it off, it'll be a little smoother though without the MDS kicking in and out.
I agree and since I don't do hardly any highway driving it shouldn't affect to much but if it does just plug back in and turn it back on, if u are just looking to gain mpg the Intune has a specific tune for that called mpg booster. Just got to play with it and base ur tune on what kind of driving u plan on doing.
Unread 04-14-2013, 08:09 PM   #11
90grandoneer
2006 WK 

I have the original DS Predator tuner (with latest CROM file), but I am told it's tunes and other features are about the same as the InTune. Over the years I've run all the tunes on both the Superchips and Diablosport units. Almost every one has it's advantages and disadvantages. Overall, the DS 91 tune delivers the best performance and fuel economy. I live at altitude, running non-ethanol fuel, and alternate (in the winter) 91 and 87 fuels without any knock retard. In the summer, for the most part, it's all 91. Good luck and try some experimenting with the various settings......WOT fuel/timing, shift points, rev. limiter, etc. Best thing to do is tinker with the settings and set it up to suit your personal needs and preferences. I've ended up using the SC tuner with the Advanced Trans. Tuning App. on my WK, because I can set the tranny (all up/down shifts and torque management) exactly the way I want it. It doesn't perform quite as well and the economy is not quite as good either, but for me the trans. shift schedules and performance are a little more important. I do use the Diablosport 91 tune (modified) on my Hemi LX though, and it works great for it.
06 GCO, Dk Khaki, QDII, Flshing Hi 3rd Bk Lt, MDS "ON" Lt, Airtab Vortex Gens, Debadged, Fumoto Drain Valve, BT Catch Can, Chopped EGR Tube, SRT8 CAI, K&N Filter, Sonnax Trans Line Press Booster, SC Tuner W/Adv Trans Tune App, DS Tuner, Cust tubular hdrs w/3 in Magnaflow/Xlerator AP Exh Sys, Bilsteins, SRT Springs/Sways, Cust Eng Cvr, SRT8 frt/rear bumpers, FRI Sidewinder Cam/6.1 valvetrain, SLP 25% UD Pulley, BBK true 90mm T-Body, SOS Ign Coils w/.060 spark plug gaps, SRT Reps with 265/45&295/40X20's.
90grandoneer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.