Detailing/Washing Buffs - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Detailing/Washing Buffs

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valuePremium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGRugged Ridge 8500lb Winch w/ Steel Cable $294.99 Shipped O

Unread 07-30-2013, 04:44 AM   #31
lafacej
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoraBora
I use Armor All Tire Foam to clean and blacken my tires.....
It's not a big deal if you don't clean your vehicle as often as some others. If you're applying product twice a week it can end up being harmful in the long run but water based products are much better for the tires

lafacej is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-30-2013, 10:26 AM   #32
ChanWK
2005 WK 

I personally use Super Wheel Cleaner on the rims to get rid of brake dust and other.dirt that got stuck on it
ChanWK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-30-2013, 01:06 PM   #33
justinmiller930
2005 WK 

I just don't like using any tire dressing all of the time, it always kills the bubbles when you wash it. I use Mequiar's tire shine when I do put it on. I have really always had success with Meguiar's products. I was thinking about starting my own detailing business on the side.

Does anyone have any good recommendations on places to purchase industrial size and strength products?
justinmiller930 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-30-2013, 01:27 PM   #34
lafacej
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinmiller930
I just don't like using any tire dressing all of the time, it always kills the bubbles when you wash it. I use Mequiar's tire shine when I do put it on. I have really always had success with Meguiar's products. I was thinking about starting my own detailing business on the side.

Does anyone have any good recommendations on places to purchase industrial size and strength products?
Not sure where you're located but I'm in Pittsburgh and Autoality is a huge supplier here of higher end and industrial size cleaning products. Check them out I'm sure you can order stuff online.
Unread 07-30-2013, 01:40 PM   #35
Cherokee30D
2007 WK 

I'm another Meguiars fan.
Use their soap wash with a lambswool mitt to wash the vehicle, making sure that I rinse the mitt with water before dipping it back into the soap bucket again, washing from the top down.
I apply Meguiars Carnauba wax about every 3 months.
Big tip.....do your bulbar as well if you have one. A lot easier to get the bugs off.
I also use Meguiars internally for the leather seats and as a cleaner as well. Have found their products superior.

Cheers, Craig
Cherokee30D is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-30-2013, 01:47 PM   #36
justinmiller930
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lafacej View Post
Not sure where you're located but I'm in Pittsburgh and Autoality is a huge supplier here of higher end and industrial size cleaning products. Check them out I'm sure you can order stuff online.
I'm about an hour and a half from there, up along Interstate 80. I'm going to have to look them up.
justinmiller930 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-30-2013, 07:07 PM   #37
rubiconkid4x4

2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinmiller930 View Post

Killing bubbles?
Unread 07-30-2013, 07:09 PM   #38
rubiconkid4x4

2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherokee30D View Post
I'm another Meguiars fan.
Use their soap wash with a lambswool mitt to wash the vehicle, making sure that I rinse the mitt with water before dipping it back into the soap bucket again, washing from the top down.
I apply Meguiars Carnauba wax about every 3 months.
Big tip.....do your bulbar as well if you have one. A lot easier to get the bugs off.
I also use Meguiars internally for the leather seats and as a cleaner as well. Have found their products superior.

Cheers, Craig
Lambswool, awesome tool, for your bucket i would recommend the grit guard
Unread 07-30-2013, 08:22 PM   #39
lafacej
2004 WJ 

Grit guards are great, a cheap item to help out with keeping your paint looking good.
Unread 07-31-2013, 05:38 PM   #40
rubiconkid4x4

2007 WK 

^^Absolutely! Cheap to buy and effective to use, no complaints here!
Unread 08-01-2013, 09:16 AM   #41
rubiconkid4x4

2007 WK 

Anyone use a steamer/hot water extractor?
Unread 08-01-2013, 11:23 AM   #42
NDSU_Bison
2014 WK 

I just learned about using clay bars a few years ago and am still amazed how much I can pull out of the paint. It even helps to clean the rear window. (I haven't tried any other windows since the back end gets dirtiest.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubiconkid4x4 View Post
I LOVE CLAY, such an awesome tool that I think is so underrated. I really need to strip my wax and compound/polish the swirls, driving me insane! And i love the NXT 2.0, and it smells pretty good! Have you tried Megs ultimate wax? I use it on white, but i bet if you used it on black it would give you black alot more depth and vibrancy!
NDSU_Bison is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2013, 12:17 PM   #43
jbaldry
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubiconkid4x4 View Post
Anyone use a steamer/hot water extractor?
I looked into it a while ago but I couldn't find enough reasons to use it, so I kind of dropped it. I think the only thing it does that none of the things I have can do is clean the headliner and seat belts. If someone can find a great reason to buy one I just might, but for right now, it's a no go.
Unread 08-01-2013, 12:23 PM   #44
Sasquatch4x4
1995 YJ Wrangler 

extractors are very useful but you can do with out them or find substitue products most the time. i worked at a detail shop for awhile and we used one everyday, it was nice for doing a real extensive job of cleaning carpets, mats, and cloth seats. but you can do with out that as long as you regular vacuum your car to avoid big stains and griminess building up on the carpet. when you do get that grime, a little carpet shampoo, a scrubber brush, and a vacuum does the same job.
Unread 08-01-2013, 12:44 PM   #45
jbaldry
2000 WJ 

Oh and I just remembered steam cleaners are great at cleaning brake callipers and wheels, while being an eco friendly alternative to using sprays and soaps. Just a thought for guys looking for pros and cons

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.