The Dentist Build Thread - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > The Dentist Build Thread

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 02-17-2012, 07:16 PM   #46
TheDentist
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by brutusjeep View Post
Do you still have the link for instructions?
Emailed them to you... good luck!

TheDentist is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2012, 07:22 PM   #47
TheDentist
2006 WK 

Help

Trying to Post instructions for installing OME lift:

Before I installed my OME HD lift I had no idea how to do it. I did a TON of research and found some excellent instructions on the jeep commander forum. (With the exception of one HUGE error that would have messed it up). I searched every single "HELP" forum for the OME lift and added all of them to the initial instructions. The resulting instructions were excellent. I have it on a word document and have been emailing it to people when they ask, but I would love to post it to this site so anyone can get them whenever they want. Does anyone know if there's a way to link a word document? I was thinking maybe copy and pasting it to a google doc, and posting the link. I've never used Google docs though, would that be pretty easy? Any suggestions would be appreciated.
TheDentist is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2012, 07:45 PM   #48
JeepN4KC
Keep on Jeepin on........

^^^ What if you copy the word doc and paste it as a post on your build thread and/or a stand alone thread. Not sure if it would work but worth a shot.

BTW - I got my install instructions from you via email back last Sept/Oct
Major help that was! Much appreciated.

My Build Thread WK
My Other Build Thread XJ
'01 XJ with some stuff
Sept 2013 Cherokee of the Month
'07 WK with some other stuff
~RED WK CLUB #7~
'11 KK with mostly stock stuff
'06WK our first Jeep with stock stuff - totalled and gone
JeepN4KC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2012, 11:57 AM   #49
csmith1734
2005 WK 

Can you help me find that dash insert to fit that headunit? im having trouble
csmith1734 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2012, 07:37 PM   #50
beber
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDentist View Post
Kenwood 6980 In-dash Navigation Install
I also installed an in-dash navigation unit. I went with the Kenwood 6980 because it uses garmin for the GPS. I’ve installed in-dash dvd players before, so I thought it would be quick… it ended up taking around 14 hours. Way longer then I thought. Installing and wiring the back-up cam was a big chunk of that, it took much longer then I thought it would. I wish I had taken some more picture of the install.
I got a dash insert that would fit the GPS unit off of ebay for round $40.
I recently bought a WK, and the previous owner had installed an aftermarket radio similar to yours, except unlike yours he did a complete hack job and I'm not happy with it.

Anyways, for the time being I'm just going to put the stock one back in, but I'm missing the stock radio dash panel. Do you still have your original one laying around, and if so would you be willing to sell it?
beber is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2012, 09:29 AM   #51
OhFiveHemi
2005 WK 

congrats on an awesome WK. your Moab shots are priceless.

im going to Utah in august but... im flying and i cannot take her with me
Blue WK Club Member #41

... | `05 WK - HEMI - QDII - Mods | ... | `07 XK - 3.7L - Stock | ...
OhFiveHemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2012, 01:41 PM   #52
mrowaan
1999 WJ 

Just read all four pages. Great looking rig, I really like the "stock" appearance.

Matt
Unread 03-22-2012, 09:03 PM   #53
Schwo
2005 WK 

Dentist,
First off, SWEET BUILD and your wheelin' pics look sick. I just joined and after reading your thread I have tons of great advice to reference. Thanks!
I just tried to PM you but your box is full. I'm in the process of beefin' up my '05 WK and was hoping to get a copy of the infamous OME installation instructions I keep reading about. PM when you make some room and I'll send you my email address to attach the Word doc to.
Schwo
Schwo is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.