The Dentist Build Thread - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > The Dentist Build Thread

OPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!Spartan Locker Special Forum Prices Dana 30 44 60 Ford 8.850" LED Light Bar with Overhead Mounting Brackets $69

Unread 01-28-2012, 08:31 PM   #31
JeepN4KC
Keep on Jeepin on........

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDentist View Post
Hey guys! Thanks for all of the nice words! Sorry I never uploaded the pics after my last mods... I put the 4xguard rock rails and front skid on a while ago. I got the passenger side on with a buddy, but he had to go so I did the drivers on my own with a jack... those suckers are heavy! After I put them on I got the great idea of using black rivets for a better look, but it was to late... I wasn't about to mess with them. They turned out great though!

Man, I'm jealous! Those 4xG rails are awesome. Good to see your build again. Last time I saw your WK you still had the airdam on. Keep it up - looks great!

My Build Thread WK
My Other Build Thread XJ
'01 XJ with some stuff
Sept 2013 Cherokee of the Month
'07 WK with some other stuff
~RED WK CLUB #7~
'11 KK with mostly stock stuff
'06WK our first Jeep with stock stuff - totalled and gone
JeepN4KC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2012, 10:34 PM   #32
TheDentist
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by chelmbre View Post
Hey Dentist! First I must say this is an awesome build many of the things that I would like to do to my 06 Wk Overland! My first question that i have been wondering is, is there any long term side effects or anything that i should be worried about when adding a lift i was thinking a 4 inch super lift, followed by some 33's but I am weary of this hurting my trans, rear diff, etc.?? Any word on if this is plausible or not?

Sorry for the late reply... I put my lift on almost a year ago. Since then I've done some pretty aggressive offroading, rock crawling, towed some very heavy trailers, and used it as my daily driver. So far so good, I haven't had any issues! Have you done any mods yet?
TheDentist is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2012, 11:29 PM   #33
TheDentist
2006 WK 

We recently took our boyscout troop "snow camping". We had 4 rigs up there and mine was the only one that didn't get stuck in the snow. I definitely got my moneys worth out of my tow strap! My buddy and I got up early to go play in our rigs. He was impressed when I sailed right through areas where he just bogged down. I wish I could have gotten more pics, but it was so cold that my camera just said "dead battery" even though it had recently been charged. Once it warmed up it started working again.

We had a fun camping trip and the boys all had a great time. For one of the boys it was his first time every camping AND his first time ever seeing snow. (yeah, snow is pretty rare here in Las Vegas haha)

Unread 01-28-2012, 11:54 PM   #34
S1L3NT_WH33L3R
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDentist View Post
Heck yes I remember! Glad to hear the lift went well! I was wondering how it went. Post a pick! I'd love to see it! Were the directions pretty helpful? I spent a TON of time combing all of the "tips" I found from various forums. How long did it take?
That has to be the best set of instructions I have ever recieved, honestly. The pics were perfect as were the instructions. The lift took two days for a total of about 3 hours only because one day i finished the front then had to go do some stuff so i drove around with the rear up like a PT cruiser for a day haha but then i got the front done the next day. Ill post pics once my rails are on. I ordered The Steel Armadillo Rock Rails and hoping to get them around Feb 15 (my bday, my bday present to myself lol)
'05 WK Limited, QD-II, 5.7L HEMI, Volant Cold Air Intake, Aries Taillight Guards, Rola Roof Rack, Cobra CB, Firestik Antennas, Magnaflow Performance Exhaust, OME HD lift, 285/70-17 GY Duratracs, Spidertrax Spacers, Superchips Programmer, Steel Armadillo Super Sliders
~Jeep makes it HEMI shakes it~Ain't Nothing Humble about that HEMI Rumble~
S1L3NT_WH33L3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2012, 04:16 PM   #35
paroxysym
2007 WK 

great job, thanks for updating us on your rig dentist. looking good.

what size spacer are you running with the 265s? between your rig and mikes (jeepn4kc), its kind of hard to choose between 265s and 285s when i install the OME HD.
Unread 02-08-2012, 04:22 PM   #36
JeepN4KC

Quote:
Originally Posted by paroxysym View Post

what size spacer are you running with the 265s? between your rig and mikes (jeepn4kc), its kind of hard to choose between 265s and 285s when i install the OME HD.

Not sayin the 265's aren't enough - but more is better, right?
If you can - do the 285's.
When my meats are done I will go to the 285's.

My Build Thread WK
My Other Build Thread XJ
'01 XJ with some stuff
~RED WK CLUB #7~
Unread 02-08-2012, 05:19 PM   #37
AJeepZJ
2006 WK 

Quote:

Didn't really want to respond to this on someone elses build thread... but since ya don't have one, hehe, i'll post it here...

Why do you want a 265 vs 285?
Unread 02-08-2012, 07:18 PM   #38
paroxysym
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJeepZJ View Post
Didn't really want to respond to this on someone elses build thread... but since ya don't have one, hehe, i'll post it here...

Why do you want a 265 vs 285?
idk AJ, the 265s look right at home- pinch weld needs to be done but the rear fender mod looks to not be an issue. that and theyre alittle narrower. either way im going to upgrade the tires i have when i get the lift on. just weighing the options. i know its, what maybe an inch difference?
Unread 02-08-2012, 07:21 PM   #39
JeepN4KC

Quote:
idk AJ, the 265s look right at home- pinch weld needs to be done but the rear fender mod looks to not be an issue. that and theyre alittle narrower. either way im going to upgrade the tires i have when i get the lift on. just weighing the options. i know its, what maybe an inch difference?
Hold on a minute - this is Dentist's build thread and I don't remember him doin the p/w. I still haven't done it (though I will eventually) but it hasn't been a problem. So, I wouldn't say it "needs" to be done with 265's and OME HD.

My Build Thread WK
My Other Build Thread XJ
'01 XJ with some stuff
~RED WK CLUB #7~
Unread 02-08-2012, 07:40 PM   #40
jager00
2005 WK 

Nice rig! Great start to your build

2005 WK 9" lift on 37's with all the goodies- regretfully sold :(
jager00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2012, 08:04 PM   #41
paroxysym
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepN4KC View Post
Hold on a minute - this is Dentist's build thread and I don't remember him doin the p/w. I still haven't done it (though I will eventually) but it hasn't been a problem. So, I wouldn't say it "needs" to be done with 265's and OME HD.
good! one less thing to worry about
Unread 02-09-2012, 05:51 AM   #42
brutusjeep
2006 WK 

Do you still have the link for instructions?
2006 GC Limited, 5.7L HEMI, Quad II. 4XGUARD Belly & Front (black powder coat) skid plates. Matrix front guard, PIAA Matrix mounted lights, 265/70 Nitto Trail Graplers MT, 1.5" Spider Trax spacers, Super Chips Tuner, OME MD Lift, 4XGUARD differential guard, JBA UCA'S.
brutusjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2012, 07:05 PM   #43
TheDentist
2006 WK 

Quote:

Sorry for the late reply. My wife and I just had our first child! A beautiful little girl! So I have been a little busy :-) I have 2 inch spacers, they look very aggressive. but I think they're a little too much. I wish I'd gotten between 1-1.5. I stuffed one of the rear wheels into the wheel well when I was in Moab. I don't think it would have happened if my spacers were a little shorter. Also My garage is kind of tight and sometimes I brush against the tires and get a nasty black stain on my pants.
Unread 02-17-2012, 07:07 PM   #44
TheDentist
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepN4KC View Post
Not sayin the 265's aren't enough - but more is better, right?
If you can - do the 285's.
When my meats are done I will go to the 285's.

I love my 265's, but my next set just might be 285s....
Unread 02-17-2012, 07:13 PM   #45
brutusjeep
2006 WK 

Can you put a 285 on a stock rim and with just an OME lift?
2006 GC Limited, 5.7L HEMI, Quad II. 4XGUARD Belly & Front (black powder coat) skid plates. Matrix front guard, PIAA Matrix mounted lights, 265/70 Nitto Trail Graplers MT, 1.5" Spider Trax spacers, Super Chips Tuner, OME MD Lift, 4XGUARD differential guard, JBA UCA'S.
brutusjeep is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.