The Dentist Build Thread - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > The Dentist Build Thread

Savvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 09-20-2011, 10:12 PM   #16
TheDentist
2006 WK 

Upcoming Projects:
I recently added 4XGuard’s front and belly skid plates. I also got a used 265/70/17 AT tire second hand for $40. It only had about half of the original tread so I was able to fit it in the stock spare location with some “finessing” I didn’t want to trim my hitch because I tow some pretty heavy trailers. I have the 4XGuard’s rock sliders in the garage ready to be installed… just need a free evening to do it! My list of future upgrades includes 4XGuard rear sliders, and rear skid plate (whenever they get around to putting it out). I will post some pics when I get my rock sliders on. I would love to include a winch. I’m a huge fan of Omelet’s winch. It’s an amazingly clean modification that keeps the stock look, but I’m not sure if I have time to take on a project like that.

This pic is what my garage looked like when I got all of my 4X stuff. I figured since I would be taking off the stock skids it would be a good time to do all of my maintenance too, so I swapped out the diff/t-case fluids, and put in new spark plugs. The garage was a mess.

TheDentist is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-20-2011, 10:19 PM   #17
TheDentist
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboDiesel View Post
damn dude those are amazing pics
i got the adrenaline and im just sittin on my couch hahaha
i wish i had places like that around me

maybe i just gotta hunt more
haha, yeah my wife was outside taking pics... she didn't know that I was going to make the attempt on Hummer Hill. When I hit the gas and the jeep started revving up that slick rock she gave out a pretty good scream.
Unread 09-20-2011, 10:31 PM   #18
S1L3NT_WH33L3R
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDentist View Post
haha, yeah my wife was outside taking pics... she didn't know that I was going to make the attempt on Hummer Hill. When I hit the gas and the jeep started revving up that slick rock she gave out a pretty good scream.
with the QDII and lockers engaged did you really need to give it alot of gas because ive done something similar out here where i live and as soon as i engaged the lockers it just went up by itself and i barely touched the gas with street tires (lift is in just waiting on my tires)
'05 WK Limited, QD-II, 5.7L HEMI, Volant Cold Air Intake, Aries Taillight Guards, Rola Roof Rack, Cobra CB, Firestik Antennas, Magnaflow Performance Exhaust, OME HD lift, 285/70-17 GY Duratracs, Spidertrax Spacers, Superchips Programmer, Steel Armadillo Super Sliders
~Jeep makes it HEMI shakes it~Ain't Nothing Humble about that HEMI Rumble~
S1L3NT_WH33L3R is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-20-2011, 10:58 PM   #19
TheDentist
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by S1L3NT_WH33L3R View Post
with the QDII and lockers engaged did you really need to give it alot of gas because ive done something similar out here where i live and as soon as i engaged the lockers it just went up by itself and i barely touched the gas with street tires (lift is in just waiting on my tires)
I didn't give it a ton of gas, but you definitely have to rev the engine to get up it. Also you need to start with a little momentum. I have also gone up some very steep stuff without touching the gas, but this hill is a whole different beast. There are 2 videos on youtube that give an idea of how tuff it is:

Youtube-
“Going up Hummer Hill”
“Close call on Hummer Hill, Moab, UT!”

These guys both had trouble with it and their tires are much wider than mine. The fact that I made it up so easily speaks volumes about how amazing QDII and the Duratrac tires are.
Unread 09-20-2011, 11:09 PM   #20
smcginnis87
4X4WK

2007 WK 

How do you like that royal purple ?
smcginnis87 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-20-2011, 11:21 PM   #21
TheDentist
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by smcginnis87 View Post
How do you like that royal purple ?
That was my first time trying royal purple. So far it seems great. The royal purple has an additive for ELSD. The label says it works for "most" ELSD applications. I debated for a while wether to add mopar additive to it or not. When I researched it some people said it works without extra additive and some people said they needed the extra additive. The stuff was cheap, so I went ahead and put the mopar additive in. I'm keeping a close eye on it to make sure it doesn't get "foamy". So far so good!
Unread 11-26-2011, 09:51 PM   #22
chelmbre
2006 WK 

Hey Dentist! First I must say this is an awesome build many of the things that I would like to do to my 06 Wk Overland! My first question that i have been wondering is, is there any long term side effects or anything that i should be worried about when adding a lift i was thinking a 4 inch super lift, followed by some 33's but I am weary of this hurting my trans, rear diff, etc.?? Any word on if this is plausible or not?
chelmbre is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-26-2011, 11:25 PM   #23
Valpacer

2007 WK 

MOAB

Awesome pics there Dentist!

Dave
2007 WH Grand Cherokee CRD (Yup, RHD Australia)- 3" Exhaust, GDE Flash Tune, CRDSTU/SL Hybrid Lift & bash Plates, 4xGuard Rock Rails, Saguaro F & R Bars, RCV's, Warn 9.5cti-s, AEV Saverge Rims, Nitto Mud Grapplers, Snorkel, Custom Rear Drawers, On Board Air, BullyDog Monitor, Dual Batteries - Build Thread - YouTube Vids
Valpacer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-27-2012, 09:27 AM   #24
paroxysym
2007 WK 

bump.. whats the latest on your rig dentist? this was an awesome build- i think any jeep with a set of 265s or bigger and the OME look amazing.. and perform awesome offroad it seems.
Unread 01-27-2012, 09:37 AM   #25
S1L3NT_WH33L3R
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by paroxysym
bump.. whats the latest on your rig dentist? this was an awesome build- i think any jeep with a set of 265s or bigger and the OME look amazing.. and perform awesome offroad it seems.
Haha crazy you post this. I was re-reading this thread last night wondering the same thing. I never said thank you DENTIST for help with the lift. Idk if you remember but I emailed you a while back asking for the instructions on the OME HD. Just wanyed to say thank you for your help. I have almost the same setup as you.
'05 WK Limited, QD-II, 5.7L HEMI, Volant Cold Air Intake, Aries Taillight Guards, Rola Roof Rack, Cobra CB, Firestik Antennas, Magnaflow Performance Exhaust, OME HD lift, 285/70-17 GY Duratracs, Spidertrax Spacers, Superchips Programmer, Steel Armadillo Super Sliders
Unread 01-27-2012, 09:51 AM   #26
paroxysym
2007 WK 

Quote:
Haha crazy you post this. I was re-reading this thread last night wondering the same thing. I never said thank you DENTIST for help with the lift. Idk if you remember but I emailed you a while back asking for the instructions on the OME HD. Just wanyed to say thank you for your help. I have almost the same setup as you.
pics of your rig? looking into 285s and the OME myself
Unread 01-27-2012, 09:53 AM   #27
S1L3NT_WH33L3R
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by paroxysym

pics of your rig? looking into 285s and the OME myself
Dont have any at the moment. Sorry, what are your concerns?
Unread 01-27-2012, 09:53 AM   #28
S1L3NT_WH33L3R
2005 WK 

Actually pm me, dont want to hijack this build thread
Unread 01-28-2012, 06:48 PM   #29
TheDentist
2006 WK 

Hey guys! Thanks for all of the nice words! Sorry I never uploaded the pics after my last mods... I put the 4xguard rock rails and front skid on a while ago. I got the passenger side on with a buddy, but he had to go so I did the drivers on my own with a jack... those suckers are heavy! After I put them on I got the great idea of using black rivets for a better look, but it was to late... I wasn't about to mess with them. They turned out great though!

Unread 01-28-2012, 06:50 PM   #30
TheDentist
2006 WK 

Quote:
Haha crazy you post this. I was re-reading this thread last night wondering the same thing. I never said thank you DENTIST for help with the lift. Idk if you remember but I emailed you a while back asking for the instructions on the OME HD. Just wanted to say thank you for your help. I have almost the same setup as you.
Heck yes I remember! Glad to hear the lift went well! I was wondering how it went. Post a pick! I'd love to see it! Were the directions pretty helpful? I spent a TON of time combing all of the "tips" I found from various forums. How long did it take?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.