Dash Lights Flickering - Dimmer Problem on WK - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Dash Lights Flickering - Dimmer Problem on WK

The ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits WJ Modular Recovery & Bull Bar Relocation Packages

Unread 03-24-2012, 12:24 PM   #31
kingpin57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgia_Jeep
ok thanks for the help it also is having another electrical issue i noticed after i posted, the air bag off light only comes on when someone sits in the front seat otherwise its off.
If anything less than 50lbs is in the passenger seat the air bag off light will come on. Sometimes the weight sensor goes haywire and the light stays on all the time. If that happens, you have to go get the sensor re-calibrated at the dealership. I've had to do this 3 times

kingpin57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2012, 12:31 PM   #32
kingpin57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc4885
I have no issues with the exterior lights, and that problem seems a bit more severe than mine. My lights never go out they just flicker when the dimmer is set to a brighter setting. I saw that the older models had switches/modules that had known issues...still looking for responses here...thanks!
I had this same problem, all the interior dash lights would flicker. It would do it on all dim settings, and if I changed it even one notch it would stop, then start again a little while later.

I told the dealership that I wanted the stalk replaced. The jeep at that time also had a service 4wd system message. He said that they were gonna replace the final drive computer and that would fix both problems. He was right, haven't had the problem since, and I still have the original stalk.
Unread 03-25-2012, 12:01 AM   #33
Georgia_Jeep
2005 WK 

well i replaced the multi switch today (you guys were right very easy) and on payday im headed to get a new ignition switch, get the air bag re-caibrated and get a new tire sensor. are these prices good?
150 for the ignition switch
50 air bag re-clibrated
1000 clock spring
150 tire light sensor
this would all be installed at the dealer
Georgia_Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-25-2012, 12:27 AM   #34
kingpin57

$1000 for a clock spring?
Unread 03-25-2012, 10:50 PM   #35
Georgia_Jeep
2005 WK 

yup thats what they said 885 for part the rest for labor. but i will say i dont think i need one because since i replaced the multi switch the clicking stopped. they told me that if it clicked when i turned the steering wheel the clock-spring needed replacement. im hopeing since it stopped im good
Georgia_Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2012, 08:42 PM   #36
rbptrsn
2006 WK 

any luck? I am having dash light flickering and I replaced a lot of parts.
rbptrsn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2012, 09:25 PM   #37
98jgc
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgia_Jeep View Post
yup thats what they said 885 for part the rest for labor. but i will say i dont think i need one because since i replaced the multi switch the clicking stopped. they told me that if it clicked when i turned the steering wheel the clock-spring needed replacement. im hopeing since it stopped im good
Liars !! never go back to that place ..
Super super common problem MF switch your good to go.
98jgc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2012, 12:16 AM   #38
MRsandman1106
2005 WK 

Yes- just replace the multifunction switch. Problem solved.
MRsandman1106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2012, 10:17 AM   #39
DarthJeep
2005 WK 

I had the same problem where the dash lights would all turn on and flicker, usually three times then stop. The dealer had no clue, and i heard that it might be the ignition switch. Its seemed to have solved it so far and that was almost two years ago.
Unread 07-06-2012, 10:18 AM   #40
98jgc
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRsandman1106 View Post
Yes- just replace the multifunction switch. Problem solved.
This is why the term "Stealership" was coined, Imagine what kind of love you could give your Jeep for 1000.00....
98jgc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2012, 02:05 PM   #41
rbptrsn
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthJeep View Post
I had the same problem where the dash lights would all turn on and flicker, usually three times then stop. The dealer had no clue, and i heard that it might be the ignition switch. Its seemed to have solved it so far and that was almost two years ago.
I have replaced the ignition switch three times. I will try the MF switch and see what happens. I love my WK but come on Jeep!
Unread 07-06-2012, 09:15 PM   #42
bmuhlbach
2005 WK 

its been said on here if your lights flicker and the heater fan cuts out then its the ignition switch.If its just the lights flickering then its the multifuction switch.
bmuhlbach is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2012, 07:41 AM   #43
rbptrsn
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmuhlbach View Post
its been said on here if your lights flicker and the heater fan cuts out then its the ignition switch.If its just the lights flickering then its the multifuction switch.
If by heater fan you mean the hvac fan then mine was cutting out even after replacing the ignition switch. The problem with the fan was a bad wiring harness. going to try the MF switch.
Unread 08-08-2012, 07:46 AM   #44
fasteddiewk
2005 WK 

my lights have also began to flicker off and on approximately 3 times. when i had my xj, i changed out the multifunction switch and everything was good, so i plan on going that route first.

anyone know where to find wk multifunction switches cheap? it would be for an 05 3.7L
fasteddiewk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2012, 12:06 PM   #45
ZF1FR
2007 WK 

Same problem happened to me, dash flickering only. Cleaned the contacts of the multifonction switch. Very easy to do and no problem anymore.
ZF1FR is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.