In-Dash Aux Input - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > In-Dash Aux Input

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 01-17-2013, 04:20 PM   #31
jjt250
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott6 View Post
Crap my site-wide password appears to have broke my hosting ability

Its not a dock really, its the "premium car kit" with a DIY holder.
Amazon Link

The car kit plugs into a 12v socket, and runs 1 cable the zune, and has a Line level AUX out on the plug. I installed a 12v socket into the center console and ran the AUX behind all dash, under the console into the center console compartment. I also added a switch that lets me change between powered with the ON, or powered always or off. It Helps when I get in and out alot so the zune just keeps playing, and I dont have to keep hitting play.

Here you go, I figured out how to do it on my Skydrive

Hey thanks Scott for the info, didn't see it till now. Do you have any more info on that car dock? I have a Zune HD that I haven't used in a year and it would be great to just keep in my car at all times.

Unread 01-18-2013, 09:52 AM   #32
fgallardo
2005 WK 

Hello, I have the REQ stereo with the 6 disc changer, steering wheel controls, uconnect. I would like to swap it out with a REF radio with the AUX port. I see some on ebay, but I was wondering if I purchase one will it work with the steering wheel controls and uconnect? Also are the REF radio with the AUX port single disc?

thanks
fgallardo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-18-2013, 10:52 AM   #33
jjt250
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fgallardo View Post
Hello, I have the REQ stereo with the 6 disc changer, steering wheel controls, uconnect. I would like to swap it out with a REF radio with the AUX port. I see some on ebay, but I was wondering if I purchase one will it work with the steering wheel controls and uconnect? Also are the REF radio with the AUX port single disc?

thanks
Everything should still work if you switch to the REF. You do lose 6 disc but gain aux, I believe. I have the REQ as well and I bought an iSimple from Amazon for about $80. It works great and I have aux and iPod connector.
Unread 01-18-2013, 11:10 AM   #34
fgallardo
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjt250 View Post
Everything should still work if you switch to the REF. You do lose 6 disc but gain aux, I believe. I have the REQ as well and I bought an iSimple from Amazon for about $80. It works great and I have aux and iPod connector.
coolio! thanks
fgallardo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-19-2013, 10:51 AM   #35
Rammer500
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I have a PAC audio input adapter and a RAQ radio if anyone is interested. The PAC adds two inputs to it. Here it is on their site. http://pac-audio.com/productDetails....&CategoryID=24. Willing to separate and will let go for a good price. PM me if your interested.
99 TJ 4.0 5 Speed Sport, 2.5" Rough Country Lift, 1.25 Body Lift, 1" MML, SYE and CV shaft,JKS Quicker Disconnects, 33x10.50 BFG Mud Terrains,4.56 gears, Super35 w/ Ected Locker, Warn 8274 and some other stuff.
2014 Rubicon Stock
Rammer500 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-19-2013, 02:47 PM   #36
scott6

Quote:
thanks Scott for the info, didn't see it till now. Do you have any more info on that car dock? I have a Zune HD that I haven't used in a year and it would be great to just keep in my car at all times.
http://www.amazon.com/Zune-HD-Premiu...remium+car+kit

20$! I paid $70 each for the two I have.

Dock connector connects to the Zune, goes to 12v plug, 12v plug has a AUX out on it. (strong AUX too) Also has a USB charging USB port on the 12v plug
scott6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-19-2013, 05:51 PM   #37
jjt250
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott6 View Post
http://www.amazon.com/Zune-HD-Premiu...remium+car+kit

20$! I paid $70 each for the two I have.

Dock connector connects to the Zune, goes to 12v plug, 12v plug has a AUX out on it. (strong AUX too) Also has a USB charging USB port on the 12v plug
Wow $70? Seems overpriced but at least it's cheaper now! I think I'll order one. I was talking about the actual dock that the Zune is in....where'd you pick that up? Or does that come with the car kit?
Unread 01-19-2013, 06:50 PM   #38
scott6

Quote:
Wow $70? Seems overpriced but at least it's cheaper now! I think I'll order one. I was talking about the actual dock that the Zune is in....where'd you pick that up? Or does that come with the car kit?
Search amazon for Zune Dock. There are 3. One of them is a "HD" Dock specifically for the Zune HD that has HDMI out, and optical audio. As well as analog audio out. The other docks are for the older Zunes but they still work fine on the HD if you only want to output sound to something and there super cheap. Also the older 2 docks don't have the right fitting for the HD, but it fits in there just fine. I use 2nd gen square dock over the 1st gen puck shaped unit in various places in my house. I also have a HD dock in my living room that runs optical out to my receiver that way my Media center and TV don't need to be on to listen to music.

Also note that the docks don't have line level out like the "premium" car kit does. That means the volume on the Zune needs to be to be turned up to get solid signal. Where as a line level out (like the car kit has) it always full volume no matter what the device volume is set at. That helps so when you grab the zune and plug in headphones in it doesn't blow your ears out.

I also think the car kit sounds better than the Zune pluged straight into the AUX with the volume at max. It seems to have a stronger or amped output.

EDIT:
Here is the v2 dock for under $10: http://www.amazon.com/Zune-H6A-00001...ords=zune+dock

There is also a v2 dock sold as a AV kit, that comes with a remote. For me the remote did not work at all, then when I got my actual Zune HD dock for the living room all the dock remotes just started working through out the house. Its like the Zune needed the HD dock to activate the remote functions or something.
scott6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-27-2013, 08:23 AM   #39
MarkyZ
2005 WK 

You guys could also just watch the classifieds for radios that already have the AUX built in. I got mine off kijiji for $30. Guy swapped out the factory unit with an aftermarket and just wanted to get rid of it.
MarkyZ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.