In-Dash Aux Input - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > In-Dash Aux Input

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineOconeeoffroad.com Prothane bushing sale Blowing out inventPoison spyder items @ oconee off road 706 534 9955

Unread 02-15-2011, 10:41 AM   #16
Dusan

Nice job! I know it's a bit offtopic, I noticed the CB microphone in a picture, where did you mount the CB radio?

Dusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2011, 10:47 AM   #17
DustinInDFW
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusan View Post
Nice job! I know it's a bit offtopic, I noticed the CB microphone in a picture, where did you mount the CB radio?
It is one of those all in one jobs from Cobra. Speaker, handset, tuner, everything.

https://cobra.com/detail/index.cfm?nPID=74
DustinInDFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2011, 07:15 PM   #18
duckmans83
2005 WK 

I sent P.I.E. a question if anyone cares.

I am interested in this product(PIE CHRY04-AUX/S). I am a little confused
with the wording for the description of this product. I have the REC stereo
with satellite radio. I don't use the satellite but have used it in the
past. I also have the rear DVD player. Will this item work in my 2005 Jeep
Grand Cherokee. Thanks for any help.

If you want to maintain the satellite radio for future use; the answer is
NO, the CHRY04-AUX/S will not work.
If you want to disconnect the satellite radio, then YES.

Thank you for contacting P.I.E.
Unread 02-17-2011, 02:25 AM   #19
DustinInDFW
2005 WK 

Ya, I was thinking if you have Sat Radio AND a rear DVD player nothing would work.
DustinInDFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2011, 07:41 AM   #20
Dusan

Maybe we can use the AUX one that's in front of the RER? I'm thinking relocating it and the USB. You can so easy damage the USB that sticks out from there.
Dusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2012, 02:04 PM   #21
00JeepSport
2005 WK 

Unread 07-27-2012, 06:44 AM   #22
00JeepSport
2005 WK 

I don't have satellite radio so when I hit mode it does not switch to that input. Will I be able to switch to that input once I plug the PIE adapter in?
Unread 07-27-2012, 07:41 AM   #23
Budasac
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00JeepSport View Post
I don't have satellite radio so when I hit mode it does not switch to that input. Will I be able to switch to that input once I plug the PIE adapter in?
Yes.
Budasac is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2012, 07:56 AM   #24
OhFiveHemi
2005 WK 

that is fantastic! great work man!

looks like i would have to ditch the Sirius if i want to do this... id much rather have Howard 100 at this point!
Blue WK Club Member #41

... | `05 WK - HEMI - QDII - Mods | ... | `07 XK - 3.7L - Stock | ...
OhFiveHemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2012, 07:26 PM   #25
marko138
2011 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhFiveHemi View Post
that is fantastic! great work man!

looks like i would have to ditch the Sirius if i want to do this... id much rather have Howard 100 at this point!
Why not just search for a new radio unit with the AUX input on the front? I don't have my Sirius built in (wish I did sometimes) but I wanted the AUX input for the outboard Sirius and to connect my phone for tunes. I snagged a used REF radio with the AUX port for $40 bucks.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2013, 10:41 AM   #26
nicknorth11

Can anyone tell me what wires on the jack they soldered the RCA wires to? I can't find this information on the net.
nicknorth11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2013, 10:05 PM   #27
scott6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepartguy View Post
Nicely done... probably an obvious question, but would this setup work for an Ipod/phone hookup? I may give it a shot. It's been about 13 years since I tore apart a dashboard to mess with a vehicle's sound system lol.
There are several products out ("integration") that will plug into your iPod/Phone via the data port, and feed power the device as well as use the LOD (full volume, independent of the devices volume control) to go to your AUX port. Giving you nice good sound without cracking the volume, and keeping you charged.

Here is my Zune HD mount and integration setup. The Aux from the device is soldered to to the back of the dash AUX for a cleaner look. Just the device cable comes out of my consol box.

Last edited by scott6; 01-11-2013 at 09:06 PM..
scott6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2013, 10:19 PM   #28
jjt250
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott6 View Post
There are several products out ("integration") that will plug into your iPod/Phone via the data port, and feed power the device as well as use the LOD (full volume, independent of the devices volume control) to go to your AUX port. Giving you nice good sound without cracking the volume, and keeping you charged.

Here is my Zune HD mount and integration setup. The Aux from the device is soldered to to the back of the dash AUX for a cleaner look. Just the device cable comes out of my consol box.
Your picture doesn't work, but I'd like to see what it looks like because I actually have a Zune HD and the dock that I never use.
Unread 01-11-2013, 09:12 PM   #29
scott6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjt250 View Post
Your picture doesn't work, but I'd like to see what it looks like because I actually have a Zune HD and the dock that I never use.
Crap my site-wide password appears to have broke my hosting ability

Its not a dock really, its the "premium car kit" with a DIY holder.
Amazon Link

The car kit plugs into a 12v socket, and runs 1 cable the zune, and has a Line level AUX out on the plug. I installed a 12v socket into the center console and ran the AUX behind all dash, under the console into the center console compartment. I also added a switch that lets me change between powered with the ON, or powered always or off. It Helps when I get in and out alot so the zune just keeps playing, and I dont have to keep hitting play.

Here you go, I figured out how to do it on my Skydrive

Last edited by scott6; 01-11-2013 at 10:24 PM..
scott6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2013, 04:01 PM   #30
nicknorth11

FYI, the circuit board for those buttons in the bar is right behind the plastic in the back. Drilling into it will drill directly into that board. I was dumb enough to do this and now my passenger side heated seat doesn't work. My wife is going to kill me! (Oh yeah, I put my aux input in the space that is 2nd from the right, right next to the pass. heated seat button.)
nicknorth11 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.