post #17 of 155 Old 12-11-2015, 08:08 AM
Hendrix9
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TangoTango
they are for road salt
Yeah, great at catching it so you cant see it. Lol

2007 CRD QDII
2010 Jetta Sportwagen TDI 6MT - hoping it gets bought back!
2004 QD 4.7 GC
2009 Rav4 v6
post #18 of 155 Old 12-11-2015, 08:16 AM Thread Starter
Armor_LG
2010 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepdog918 View Post
Lets be honest, what are those plastic side rails going to protect?

I wouldn't have been able to tell you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Black WK #180

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #19 of 155 Old 12-11-2015, 11:58 AM Thread Starter
Armor_LG
2010 WK 

I got out of my 12 o'clock class early today, so I had some time to mess with the Dark Knight before my 2 o'clock.

First thing I did was measure my fog light holes and looked for the wiring to be there. The holes were 4" + a little, so I'm assuming they fit 4" fogs. I did find a wire secured that may be the fog light wiring, but I couldn't tell if it led to anything. I took a picture under the drivers side of the bumper. Anyone know which wire this is? (Blue clip)

Then I decided to wipe down my chrome since its been a while from the last wash. I either like her waxy clean, or covered in mud. She was neither.

While I was doing it, I though that plastidipping the Grand Cherokee letter in the side chrome (but not the whole side chrome) would look pretty cool (not sure if black or blue). Has anyone tried this?

Black WK #180

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #20 of 155 Old 12-11-2015, 12:15 PM
sheepdog918
2007 WK 

I haven't seen anybody plasti dip just the letters but I have seen people get a stencil brush and paint them

There are the wolves, there are the sheep, but then, there are the Sheepdog's
post #21 of 155 Old 12-11-2015, 12:42 PM
fetterjohn
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor_LG View Post
I got out of my 12 o'clock class early today, so I had some time to mess with the Dark Knight before my 2 o'clock.

First thing I did was measure my fog light holes and looked for the wiring to be there. The holes were 4" + a little, so I'm assuming they fit 4" fogs. I did find a wire secured that may be the fog light wiring, but I couldn't tell if it led to anything. I took a picture under the drivers side of the bumper. Anyone know which wire this is? (Blue clip)

Then I decided to wipe down my chrome since its been a while from the last wash. I either like her waxy clean, or covered in mud. She was neither.

While I was doing it, I though that plastidipping the Grand Cherokee letter in the side chrome (but not the whole side chrome) would look pretty cool (not sure if black or blue). Has anyone tried this?

Armor_LG, the plug in the first picture is the plug for the fogs...but if you use that then you'll need to purchase a new turn signal switch with fog light controls, get the required relay and take it to the stealership to have them program it so the switch works. Programming costs roughly $120.
post #22 of 155 Old 12-11-2015, 01:40 PM Thread Starter
Armor_LG
2010 WK 

Can I just get a separate relay switch and run into the side compartment where the steel armadillo switch panel goes?

Black WK #180

post #23 of 155 Old 12-11-2015, 02:09 PM
JRLT
2010 WK 

Plus the fogs turn off when the hi-beams are engaged.

2010 3.7L, 4XGuard Matrix, Fastman TB, TB Ground Mod, Injen CAI, 255/60/18 Nitto Terra Grapplers, Bilstein Shocks & Struts, Cruiser Alloy Wheels - Switchblade, Stillen Brakes, Cargo Light Strip Mod, Electric Ashtray Mod, Jet-powered, Monkey Navigated...
post #24 of 155 Old 12-11-2015, 03:31 PM Thread Starter
Armor_LG
2010 WK 

I'll stick with new wiring and switch, just not use the wiring there.

Black WK #180

post #25 of 155 Old 12-11-2015, 03:34 PM Thread Starter
Armor_LG
2010 WK 

Installed blue interior LED's a few days ago. Pretty simple, and only took 30-40 minutes. But I accidentally pulled the first cover out the wrong way, and broke it. I should be able to make it work again.

Black WK #180

post #26 of 155 Old 12-11-2015, 03:35 PM Thread Starter
Armor_LG
2010 WK 

Casual park job

Black WK #180

post #27 of 155 Old 12-18-2015, 02:08 PM Thread Starter
Armor_LG
2010 WK 

Driving around only my college campus for 3 weeks really affected my MPG, down to 14!

Black WK #180

post #28 of 155 Old 12-18-2015, 05:00 PM Thread Starter
Armor_LG
2010 WK 

Added the WK letters tonight, gotta represent. Space under the WK is reserved for an ORT badge.

Black WK #180

post #29 of 155 Old 12-20-2015, 09:44 AM
JakeWK
2005 WK 

To go with what Sheepdog mentioned earlier about your plastic rails..
I did the same and just removed them, and bedlined the weld underneath. I think it looks a lot better, and the bedline will protect from corrosion a lot better than a cheap plastic skirt. It also makes your sides look a little higher, although it's hard to tell if any actual clearance is achieved. Gice it a try if you like!

(cut from my thread): Today i felt inspired by some other builds, and decided to remove the cheap and fading plastic side skirts, and bedline the rails underneath.
First step was to remove the existing plastic skirts. They were held on by plastic clips on the bottom side, and slid outwards.
Next i cleaned with simple green and sanded down with a 140 grit sanding sponge, and wiped all the dust off.
Then tape it all up, i gave it three coats with about 2 min between coats. I learned the hard way that when you tape lines with bedliner, you have to remove the tape before it dries, or else the rubberized paint will peel up with the tape and bubble.
And viola! Looks way better IMO. Won't fade or crack on rocks, allow the side frame to drain properly without holding leaves and mud and contributing to corrosion, and gives maybe .5" of additional clearance on the sides.
Attached Thumbnails
IMAG1015.jpg   IMAG1019.jpg   IMAG1020.jpg   IMAG1023.jpg  

05 WK HEMI

USN Jeep Club
CentralCaL 4X4
Colorado 4X4
post #30 of 155 Old 12-26-2015, 07:12 PM Thread Starter
Armor_LG
2010 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeWK View Post
To go with what Sheepdog mentioned earlier about your plastic rails..

I did the same and just removed them, and bedlined the weld underneath. I think it looks a lot better, and the bedline will protect from corrosion a lot better than a cheap plastic skirt. It also makes your sides look a little higher, although it's hard to tell if any actual clearance is achieved. Gice it a try if you like!

(cut from my thread): Today i felt inspired by some other builds, and decided to remove the cheap and fading plastic side skirts, and bedline the rails underneath.

First step was to remove the existing plastic skirts. They were held on by plastic clips on the bottom side, and slid outwards.

Next i cleaned with simple green and sanded down with a 140 grit sanding sponge, and wiped all the dust off.

Then tape it all up, i gave it three coats with about 2 min between coats. I learned the hard way that when you tape lines with bedliner, you have to remove the tape before it dries, or else the rubberized paint will peel up with the tape and bubble.

And viola! Looks way better IMO. Won't fade or crack on rocks, allow the side frame to drain properly without holding leaves and mud and contributing to corrosion, and gives maybe .5" of additional clearance on the sides.

What's the best way to remove the pins for this?

Black WK #180

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.