Cruise control not working - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 Old 09-19-2017, 04:19 PM Thread Starter
MarcosLlamas
2008 WK 

Cruise control not working

2008 jeep grand Cherokee v6

I'm moving the lever, bottoms and looks like the cruise control isn't connected or something in wrong some where

No lights

No codes

No check engine

Also I found this connector

Is: green / blue line & green brown

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 09-19-2017, 04:25 PM
underscore
2007 WK 

Silly question, did you push in the button on the end?

2007 WK CRD QDII OME MD OMG WTF BBQ
post #3 of 9 Old 09-19-2017, 04:28 PM Thread Starter
MarcosLlamas
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
Silly question, did you push in the button on the end?
Yes, but nothing, no light in the panel
Not setting

post #4 of 9 Old 09-19-2017, 07:49 PM
jeepstercanada

Scan for codes they will not always set the light. Also misfires will disable cruise
post #5 of 9 Old 09-19-2017, 08:02 PM
azzkicker
2007 WK 

That connector doesn't look like something a cruise control would use (too big, and not enough wires). I would think it would be very fine wires or one of those circuit board looking tapes, and I wouldn't think it could possibly do on/off/accel/decel/set with just 2 wires.

Did you look for a fuse? Mine looks different than yours (07 here), so I'm not sure how much help I can be. I just looked at my manual and didn't see a fuse for cruise control, so either I missed it or it's combined with something else.

A couple things, which I doubt your jeep cares about, but worth mentioning: I had a Lexus that would not set the cruise if the wipers were on high or if the transmission selector was limited to 3rd gear or so, or if you were going below about 30mph. I don't know if you were trying in any of those conditions anyway.

07 WK 5.7 QD2, 4" lift, 33X10" tires, M8000s
ARB twin air,Dual AGM group 49, sliders and skids
post #6 of 9 Old 09-20-2017, 05:21 AM
Nejeep

Check the brake lights. If the switch on the brake pedal fails or is out of adjustment the cruise will not work.

06 Laredo - 4x4 V6 - Stone White - Custom LED Cargo Area Lights, Lighted Visors Added - now at 49k miles

97 Laredo - 4.0 4x4 Daily driver for 8 years then relocated to Arizona for 6 more years with the relatives
post #7 of 9 Old 09-26-2017, 01:09 AM Thread Starter
MarcosLlamas
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nejeep View Post
Check the brake lights. If the switch on the brake pedal fails or is out of adjustment the cruise will not work.
https://youtu.be/grw9e0j5C3A

Here is a vídeo of the problem i have

Cruise is dead

Enviado desde mi LG-X180g mediante Tapatalk
post #8 of 9 Old 09-26-2017, 06:25 AM
azzkicker
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcosLlamas View Post
https://youtu.be/grw9e0j5C3A

Here is a vídeo of the problem i have

Cruise is dead

You're kidding, right? I'm going to play along. Your cruise control doesn't work at zero mph? Yes it does. It keeps your vehicle at zero.

I've never owned a vehicle that would set the cruise at speeds below 25mph (usually a bit higher).

In your case, I believe the problem is a simple replacement part, easily found as there are about 6 billion on earth. Behind the steering wheel, you will find a large nut. Replace the nut behind the wheel, and your vehicle will be better off.

Sorry if I've made a mistake, or if you were simply being responsible and not taking video while driving, but I'm drunk and I have brain lesions. In any case, you responded to a post suggesting checking the brake lights to see if they are stuck on, and your response is a video of you sitting still and abusing the cruise button.

07 WK 5.7 QD2, 4" lift, 33X10" tires, M8000s
ARB twin air,Dual AGM group 49, sliders and skids
post #9 of 9 Old 09-26-2017, 05:24 PM Thread Starter
MarcosLlamas
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by azzkicker View Post
You're kidding, right? I'm going to play along. Your cruise control doesn't work at zero mph? Yes it does. It keeps your vehicle at zero.

I've never owned a vehicle that would set the cruise at speeds below 25mph (usually a bit higher).

In your case, I believe the problem is a simple replacement part, easily found as there are about 6 billion on earth. Behind the steering wheel, you will find a large nut. Replace the nut behind the wheel, and your vehicle will be better off.

Sorry if I've made a mistake, or if you were simply being responsible and not taking video while driving, but I'm drunk and I have brain lesions. In any case, you responded to a post suggesting checking the brake lights to see if they are stuck on, and your response is a video of you sitting still and abusing the cruise button.
Maybe is the cruise lever im the stering wheel

Isnt setting at high speed

No codes
No check engine
Car running OK

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.