CRD transmission service - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > CRD transmission service

*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*Component speaker deal for your dash - NalinMFGOffset Tie Rod Kit From RuffStuff!

Unread 01-21-2014, 02:33 PM   #1
Hendrix9
2007 WK 

CRD transmission service

I changed my transmission fluid and filter yesterday at 99,500 miles. The fluid didn't look all that bad, but when i dropped the pan(after sucking most of the fluid out from the top) the filter came down with it. The new filter didn't seem very secure when I pressed it onto position, either. Does the pan help hold it in place? It seemed kinda strange. It had a fair amount of metal on the magnet in the pan, but no more than I've seen changing other auto trannys.

I'm sure it'll be asked, I didn't have the correct dipstick so I did the match what you took out and put in the same amount back in tactic for the fluid. It was just over 4 quarts. Not ideal, but for the time being it'll be fine. I'm going to the dealer soon to have them diagnose what they think is going on with my transmission control/ erratic shift problems and I'll have them check the level.

Has anyone put an external screw on filter on these W5a580/nag1 transmissions?

TL;DR - What holds the trans filter in place and has anyone put an external filter on these?

Hendrix9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2014, 04:58 PM   #2
caddydaddy
2007 WK 

I've seen aftermarket dipsticks sold. I'm not sure if they are as accurate as the OEM one though. http://www.ebay.com/itm/310742797808...84.m1423.l2649
caddydaddy is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.