CRD transmission service - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > CRD transmission service

Bead Lock Wheels! Raceline, Trail Ready, & Trail-GearXHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at OcoSYE Kits from CCOR! 706-207-4140

Unread 01-21-2014, 02:33 PM   #1
Hendrix9
2007 WK 

CRD transmission service

I changed my transmission fluid and filter yesterday at 99,500 miles. The fluid didn't look all that bad, but when i dropped the pan(after sucking most of the fluid out from the top) the filter came down with it. The new filter didn't seem very secure when I pressed it onto position, either. Does the pan help hold it in place? It seemed kinda strange. It had a fair amount of metal on the magnet in the pan, but no more than I've seen changing other auto trannys.

I'm sure it'll be asked, I didn't have the correct dipstick so I did the match what you took out and put in the same amount back in tactic for the fluid. It was just over 4 quarts. Not ideal, but for the time being it'll be fine. I'm going to the dealer soon to have them diagnose what they think is going on with my transmission control/ erratic shift problems and I'll have them check the level.

Has anyone put an external screw on filter on these W5a580/nag1 transmissions?

TL;DR - What holds the trans filter in place and has anyone put an external filter on these?

Hendrix9 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-21-2014, 04:58 PM   #2
caddydaddy
2007 WK 

I've seen aftermarket dipsticks sold. I'm not sure if they are as accurate as the OEM one though. http://www.ebay.com/itm/310742797808...84.m1423.l2649
caddydaddy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.