CRD swirl motor resistor ???? - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > CRD swirl motor resistor ????

WJ Modular Recovery & Bull Bar Relocation PackagesRough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Steinjager TJ tube doors

Unread 08-08-2012, 04:07 PM   #46
jaje
2007 WK 

Yeah - I'd rather pay a little more for a plug in device that looks professionally made than me using elec connectors and elec tape. Me and wiring are not the best combination.

jaje is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2012, 05:28 PM   #47
Taquache
2007 WK 

cool I'll see what I can get done
Taquache is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2012, 06:23 PM   #48
Kauzuak

I'd be interested in one.
Kauzuak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2012, 07:00 PM   #49
Taquache
2007 WK 

Cool I'm doing some researching for us
Unread 08-08-2012, 07:21 PM   #50
suzieque
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaje View Post
Yeah - I'd rather pay a little more for a plug in device that looks professionally made than me using elec connectors and elec tape. Me and wiring are not the best combination.
Count me in on a reasonably priced plug and play option too, test it once, then throw it in my 3.0L toolkit when I travel.
2008 WK "S" Limited bright metallic silver exterior, light graystone interior, 5 speed W5J400 transmission, June 18/2008 build, C213RE rear differential with 3.73 axle ratio, C200FE front differential with 3.73 axle ratio, 245/60R18 Goodyear Fortera tires (stock summer tires), NV245 transfer case, GT2056V turbo, 3.0L CRD (OM642.980)
suzieque is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2012, 07:51 PM   #51
gemiller
Vrooom.

2008 WK 

Add me on the to list.
2008 WK Red Rock Crystal Pearl CRD || OME HD | 285/70/17 Goodyear Silent Armor | Cobra NW 29 Black Edition | Aspen Creek CB Mount & Switch Panel | OTRATTW Switches | Rola Rack | KC Long Range Hi-Lighters | AEV EGR | Aspen Creek Hood Light Mounts
gemiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2012, 07:20 AM   #52
Taquache
2007 WK 

So thats looking like roughly 5 people thus far a few wanting some extras, I've started to get this ball rolling so hopefully we can have results soon, the trick is tracking down the correct plug.

I'm also researching the EGR Delete resistor mod.

I'm not sure that one will be as easy to achieve with out a CEL
Unread 08-09-2012, 07:49 AM   #53
jediknight
2008 WK 

What about just putting a block off plate on the EGR chanel ? Dont know if the o2 sensor will be influenced by that ?
Unread 08-09-2012, 08:18 AM   #54
Tuco
2007 WK 

I wish I had known about this 20 cent fix 2 years ago when I went through the repair myself. We have a new swirl motor and the EHM so I doubt we will have trouble again. But it sure is nice to know that this is an option.

I am somewhat surprised that there is no noticeable affect by removing the swirl function, but glad it is working for you all.
Unread 08-09-2012, 09:34 AM   #55
tnadanzig

2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taquache View Post
So thats looking like roughly 5 people thus far a few wanting some extras, I've started to get this ball rolling so hopefully we can have results soon, the trick is tracking down the correct plug.

I'm also researching the EGR Delete resistor mod.

I'm not sure that one will be as easy to achieve with out a CEL
If you resistor the EGR you will get a CEL for low EGR flow and it could put you into limp mode. Some people it does some does not. You need to get the programming to remove that function, ie Custom Spooling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediknight View Post
What about just putting a block off plate on the EGR chanel ? Dont know if the o2 sensor will be influenced by that ?
Same as above.
2007 3.0L CRD WK LTD - Mine, Custom Spooling Tune - Stage 2 Performance DPF & EGR Delete, Custom Cold Air Intake , 3" Intercooler, Turbo Resonator Delete, DPF Delete Pipe, Devil's Own Methanol Injection, SM resistor plug, SRT8 rear springs, SRT8 rear sway bar; 255/70/17 Hankook ATM's, dechromed stock wheels
2003 F250 6.0L CCLB - Gearhead Tunes
tnadanzig is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2012, 12:12 PM   #56
torqrise
2007 WK 

Count me in for the resistor fix as well.
Even though I've got the improved seal, and a Provent catch can -- you never know. There could be other factors influencing the failure of the swirl motor -- like heat and 'age'...
torqrise is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2012, 12:54 PM   #57
jaje
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzieque View Post
Count me in on a reasonably priced plug and play option too, test it once, then throw it in my 3.0L toolkit when I travel.
My sentiments exactly - want it there for just in case as we use it for family vacations / towing so lots of miles. I also bought the extended warranty (top level) and will get all the little things fixed.
jaje is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2012, 07:39 PM   #58
Taquache
2007 WK 

Thanks tnadanzig thats the same deal that happens on the 6.7 cummins.

You can unplug the EGR with no resistor on that truck and it'll run just fine but will have a CEL...
Unread 08-09-2012, 08:28 PM   #59
tnadanzig

2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaje View Post
Anyone have an extra resistor I can buy? Seems you can only buy it in bulk and only need one itself. I'd like to have this just in case as I use it to tow at least 2x a month.
If you want I have some extra resistors. Just shoot me a PM with your address.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taquache View Post
Thanks tnadanzig thats the same deal that happens on the 6.7 cummins.

You can unplug the EGR with no resistor on that truck and it'll run just fine but will have a CEL...
No problem. Ya the computer on the OM642 is a little more touchy.
2007 3.0L CRD WK LTD - Mine, Custom Spooling Tune - Stage 2 Performance DPF & EGR Delete, Custom Cold Air Intake , 3" Intercooler, Turbo Resonator Delete, DPF Delete Pipe, Devil's Own Methanol Injection, SM resistor plug, SRT8 rear springs, SRT8 rear sway bar; 255/70/17 Hankook ATM's, dechromed stock wheels
2003 F250 6.0L CCLB - Gearhead Tunes
tnadanzig is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2012, 08:10 AM   #60
Taquache
2007 WK 

What about an interest in the block off plugs, I can get some of them cut also if that is ok with ianrmz250

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRD Dawg View Post
Don't bother with the second ridge to use a second o-ring. I thought, "if 1 is good, then 2 would be better", but the tolerances are so tight I ended up not even using the 2nd o-ring. Couldn't get it into the hole in the intake tube. I just put the 1 o-ring on towards the outer end of the plug, and hammered it in place. Here it is installed on my old intake tube. Also included the dimensions that "ianrmz250" came up with.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.