CRD RPM climb but no movement - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 08-09-2015, 02:19 PM Thread Starter
TurboDiesel
2008 WK 

CRD RPM climb but no movement

hey
ive had a couple times not where i have gone to punch it and my jeep goes to about 3k RPM or more but i move nowhere

ive had it happen while driving and didnt think too much of it, assumed maybe crazy turbo lag

but today pulling out of a driveway i went to step on it and my RPM shot up but i wasnt going anywhere, i let off the throttle then went back into it softly and got going again

i have no codes with my GDE scanner or anything

anyone else experience this???

2008 CRD // GDE Eco // DPF delete // 3" intercooler // OME HD // 265 dirtytracs etc.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 08-09-2015, 02:34 PM
kwikrnu
2007 WK 

I have many times. I don't know what it is. I'd like to change out the transmission valve body, rebuild it, and stick in some blue top amg solenoids to see if that takes care of the problem... I just hope I don't get into a wreck before I cam fix it as it is intermittent.

I started THIS thread about it awhile ago.

2007 WK CRD QDII,OME / bilstein 5100 lift,K&N intake,GDE hot tune,hidden winch mount Warn vr12000.
post #3 of 8 Old 08-09-2015, 03:43 PM Thread Starter
TurboDiesel
2008 WK 

hey i am in that thread! hahah i shall bump it, thanks

2008 CRD // GDE Eco // DPF delete // 3" intercooler // OME HD // 265 dirtytracs etc.
post #4 of 8 Old 08-11-2015, 04:55 AM
Tuco

2007 WK 

To start, Id probably take it to a dealer to have the fluid level checked. And change fluid/filter if its near time. Or buy the tools needed to check level, its not a simple dipstick.

07 WK CRD Limited
post #5 of 8 Old 08-11-2015, 06:24 AM
ggrassmid
2008 WK 

Mine would do that periodically, not as bad, but i check the fluid level and it was about 1/2qt low. Filled it up and so far has been great! By 1/2qt I actually used the measured dipstick and used only half of a quart to get me to the correct measured area. Once I added in the 'cold' fluid, I drove it for another 10min to mix it in and checked it to verify it was correctly filled.

Mine was low due to a couple pan screws being a little loose. Tightened them up, cleaned the pan off, and haven't had a problem since.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 8 Old 08-11-2015, 05:41 PM Thread Starter
TurboDiesel
2008 WK 

i did my tranny change close to 3 years ago, never seemed to have an issue like this
i have had it where at cruise speed i punch it and when it goes to change gears it fades and then takes off

last time i was under, didnt notice anything around the tranny...i wonder if i should just buck up for a miller tools dipstick or just buy a 3' zap strap and start from there

im at 168xxx KMS so i still have another year and a half before i have to do another change...unless of course there is a problem then i will do it anyways cause i dont remember it being overly expensive

post #7 of 8 Old 08-14-2015, 04:47 PM
kwikrnu
2007 WK 

I checked the fluid today with a $10 generic dipstick off amazon. I measured the fluid with a ruler because the markings on the dipstick didn't correspond with the actual length. I checked the temp with a scan tool while in gear. It was 3 cups low, or 20mm according to my measurements and I added mopar atf +4 fluid. We'll see if that helps me.

2007 WK CRD QDII,OME / bilstein 5100 lift,K&N intake,GDE hot tune,hidden winch mount Warn vr12000.
post #8 of 8 Old 08-15-2015, 12:02 AM Thread Starter
TurboDiesel
2008 WK 

mine hasnt had an issue since, and that was the first time in a long time it had happened

my cousin actually has a wayyy worse issue
his jeep just wont shift or anything and he has to turn it off and back on again to be able to drive
rpms go up but there is 0 movement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.