crd regen dpf question cycle - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > crd regen dpf question cycle

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valuePANDEMIC-USA 50" Double row LED LIGHT BAR!! These thiFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 07-16-2015, 06:11 AM   #1
kwikrnu
2007 WK 

crd regen dpf question cycle

I have a maxidas scan tool and when looking at the dpf it says the last time regen happened was at 22800 miles. I question the accuracy because that was 120k miles ago. Does anyone else has a maxidas scanner and what does yours read?

Unread 07-16-2015, 02:54 PM   #2
ggrassmid
2008 WK 

My DashBoss wont pick up miles; so I never worried about it. I have an alarm on mine to ring when cat temp gets over 1000; then I know.
JF Black WK Club #168
ggrassmid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-16-2015, 04:17 PM   #3
Hendrix9
2007 WK 

Didnt your scanner also say you were getting 35psi, too? I'd be curious if the scanner is even reading correctly... Just a thought.
Unread 07-16-2015, 11:10 PM   #4
kwikrnu
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendrix9 View Post
Didnt your scanner also say you were getting 35psi, too? I'd be curious if the scanner is even reading correctly... Just a thought.
I'd be very surprised if the scanner is bad, I have mods to the system. Others here have the same scan tool, I wonder what their data reads.
Unread 07-17-2015, 12:02 AM   #5
Chirpz
2007 WK 

I see if I have time to play with it tomorrow...don't know. Your 35PSI, was that the turbo boost pressure??
EHM MOD, Garmin Mechanic EcoHD, K&N Filter (Deleted)
Chirpz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-17-2015, 12:59 AM   #6
kwikrnu
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chirpz View Post
I see if I have time to play with it tomorrow...don't know. Your 35PSI, was that the turbo boost pressure??
It was 2450 hpa at wot 4000+ rpm in second gear.
Unread 07-17-2015, 07:26 AM   #7
Hendrix9
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwikrnu View Post
I'd be very surprised if the scanner is bad, I have mods to the system. Others here have the same scan tool, I wonder what their data reads.
I understand that, but I just find 35psi hard to believe. What else have you done besides GDE hot tune and the upgraded intercooler? Do you have a physical boost gauge installed or just from the scanner? My boost gauge in the winter will spike to 23/24 but in the warmer months never really goes over 21/22 psi. At 35psi on this turbo I think efficiency would really drop and heat would rise big time.

Edit: I forgot you were the one who installed the smaller intercooler and fit the winch in there. I thought it was the larger upgraded intercooler. If I were you I'd be very curious to install a physical boost gauge to check if your scanner is accurate. Also, what does your EGTs look like on a 2nd gear pull WOT? Granted if you don't have the extra fuel to mix with that 35psi it probably wouldn't be all that high.

Also, I think I'd get ahold of Keith at GDE to discuss this because I don't think just changing your intercooler should be causing a 10psi increase, that's really odd. I can't remember, this isn't a wastegated turbo, right? they use the VGT to moderate the boost level I think. Keep us posted, cause I'm super curious.
Unread 07-17-2015, 08:03 AM   #8
Red_liner740

His guage reads absolute pressure, which includes atmospheric pressure of 14.7psi (depending on altitude and weather). Normal guages read manifold pressure against atmosphere, hence lower boost numbers. My ultraguage reads low 30s as well and around 16psi idling.
Red_liner740 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-17-2015, 08:08 AM   #9
Hendrix9
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_liner740 View Post
His guage reads absolute pressure, which includes atmospheric pressure of 14.7psi (depending on altitude and weather). Normal guages read manifold pressure against atmosphere, hence lower boost numbers. My ultraguage reads low 30s as well and around 16psi idling.
Thanks for clearing that up! That makes much more sense to me now.
Unread 07-17-2015, 08:10 AM   #10
kwikrnu
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_liner740 View Post
Well, that sort of makes sense, but 21 psi seems low for wot... As soon as I get the ds708 back from my brother in law I can check it.
Unread 07-17-2015, 08:19 AM   #11
Hendrix9
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwikrnu View Post
Well, that sort of makes sense, but 21 psi seems low for wot... As soon as I get the ds708 back from my brother in law I can check it.
21 sounds perfect to me. There's a reason the higher output 260hp mercedes uses the GTB2260VKLR instead of the standard turbo. Reliability would start to drop pushing the stock turbo much higher, (plus they went ball bearing to help with spool up of the bigger turbo). Also remember that psi doesn't necessarily mean more power, either. You need the extra fueling too.

If I remember right in stock form I was seeing 19psi max, and then with the eco tune it's 21/22psi max. (On my mechanical boost gauge)
Unread 07-17-2015, 11:24 AM   #12
johnniebravo
2008 WK 

Where in the menus does it allow you to see last regen mileage? I can check mine when I get home and let you know.
Unread 07-17-2015, 02:42 PM   #13
kwikrnu
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnniebravo View Post
Where in the menus does it allow you to see last regen mileage? I can check mine when I get home and let you know.
I don't remember, but I'll check later this weekend.
Unread 07-19-2015, 04:23 PM   #14
kwikrnu
2007 WK 

Attached is the image I took from my scan tool. I can manual regen with the tool. The tool also says I have 1.5 pounds of ash built up in the dpf.
image.jpg  
Unread Today, 01:26 PM   #15
kwikrnu
2007 WK 

Ok, I decided to further look into this regeneration. I thought the regen last mileage might be related to the tune, but it does not appear to be. I took the vehicle back to the stock tune and last regen mileage did not change. Today the scan tool read 23332 mileage at last regen, 16.982 % dpf load, total time in regen state 37.81 hours, and 22.98 liters of fuel consumed since last regen. Then I manually performed the regen which lasted 20 minutes. Mileage at last regen came up as 22683, consumed fuel since last regen 0, dpf load 119.328%, and total time in regen state 0. After the manual regen the scan tool says the conditions are right foe a regen, but I just did the regen manually and now the load is about 120%...Strange
image.jpg  

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.