CRD MBRP Exhaust Install - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > CRD MBRP Exhaust Install

JEEP Gear Change Packages From ROCKRIDGE 4WD. We Are DIFFAlloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 06-11-2009, 08:54 PM   #16
Spider-One
2008 WK 

It's just a cone filter placed on the end of the line. Took out the stock intake filter box, a filter with a 3.25" opening fits perfectly on the line. Sounds nice but any improvements are debatable. Personally I'd probably go with a decent exhaust before CAI, but it's probably best to combine the two for the least amount of resistance. Combined with a DPF delete you'd definitely see some improvements. Next time I get a chance I'd like to stop in a muffler shop and have a straight pipe made up in place of the DPF, the only issue with that is what type of flanges they use since they may be hard to come by.

Unread 06-12-2009, 06:37 AM   #17
MBRP
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wookiee View Post

I was just getting ready to install the new exhaust, after cutting the old one, when I noticed that the hanger bar on the main pipe was missing. They're going to send me a new one. I've put everything in place but I won't tighten everything down unless I have to go somewhere before the new pipe comes in.

I would have had it done within an hour otherwise.

Tools needed
Sawsall - to cut the old pipe
Channel Locks - to help remove the rubber hangers
17mm, 9/16" & 5/8" sockets
getting (2) 9/16" bolts that are 1/4" longer than those originally supplied will make attaching the pipe easier.

I'm averaging 22+ mpg. With the mbrp, I'm hoping for a 10% improvement which will give me 24 mpg. So that's about 44 more miles per tank or about 2 gallons per tank more at $3/gallon which is $6/fillup

Total price was $307.72. Divided by $6 will pay for itself at 25,000 miles. Not to mention less back pressure + less wear & tear on the engine.
Did someone from our customer service department get you set up with that new mid pipe yet? Let me know if you have not received tracking info yet.
MBRP is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-13-2009, 07:53 AM   #18
wookiee
Bought, not built.

2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBRP View Post
Did someone from our customer service department get you set up with that new mid pipe yet? Let me know if you have not received tracking info yet.
Yes they did and it's on it's way. Thanks
07 Steel Blue Overland CRD QDII | Bilsteins | 4xguard Matrix | Rear SRT8 SwayBar | DashHawk w/egt | Provent | MBRP XP Exhaust | New Intake Tube & Seal + EHM | Alternator Splash Guard | Crank Sensor | GPS AL InMotion Hack | Swirl motor bypass | Fuelly.com - wookiee | Blue WK Club Member #13 | 100,000 Mile Club | Dogpiled Club | flashpaq 3872 for those no 4-low days |
wookiee is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-13-2009, 03:21 PM   #19
rhusak
2008 WK 

Hey Guy's..
Are most of you using the stainless exaust or the Aluminized?
Are you happy with the sound.. Not too loud without any muffling?
Do you have to cut the old one out? Just in case it doesn't work out for me?
I guess you could use band clamps in any case..
Ron
Unread 06-14-2009, 11:40 AM   #20
wookiee
Bought, not built.

2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhusak View Post
Ron
Yes, you have to cut it. Took 15 seconds with a sawsall.

DPM MBRP article
07 Steel Blue Overland CRD QDII | Bilsteins | 4xguard Matrix | Rear SRT8 SwayBar | DashHawk w/egt | Provent | MBRP XP Exhaust | New Intake Tube & Seal + EHM | Alternator Splash Guard | Crank Sensor | GPS AL InMotion Hack | Swirl motor bypass | Fuelly.com - wookiee | Blue WK Club Member #13 | 100,000 Mile Club | Dogpiled Club | flashpaq 3872 for those no 4-low days |
Unread 06-14-2009, 03:56 PM   #21
rhusak
2008 WK 

Wookie..
Hmmm.. Rea t6he article in your post.. Wonder if any increse is in order with the inmotion.. In stock tune none noted..
Ron
Unread 06-16-2009, 08:18 PM   #22
USN_BlackWK
FLY NAVY

2010 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhusak View Post
Hey Guy's..
Are most of you using the stainless exaust or the Aluminized?
Are you happy with the sound.. Not too loud without any muffling?
Ron
As for the volume, it is not much louder than stock. It just has a deeper growl. At highway speeds the volume increase is not noticable, only during acceleration at lower speeds.
Borla-S
USN_BlackWK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-16-2009, 09:12 PM   #23
suzieque
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wookiee View Post
thats a good read. Interesting that the dyno showed almost no change in torque or horsepower over stock. They thought the computer needed to be chipped to take advantage of the MBRP exhaust.
2008 WK "S" Limited bright metallic silver exterior, light graystone interior, 5 speed W5J400 transmission, June 18/2008 build, C213RE rear differential with 3.73 axle ratio, C200FE front differential with 3.73 axle ratio, 245/60R18 Goodyear Fortera tires (stock summer tires), NV245 transfer case, GT2056V turbo, 3.0L CRD (OM642.980)
suzieque is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-09-2009, 01:32 PM   #24
wookiee
Bought, not built.

2007 WK 

I just took a short 600 mile trip yesterday. I've done nothing to the car other that add the MBRP. Same passenger, same 100 lbs of tools and same skid plates. I was getting 19 -> 22 1/2 mpg recently.
This trip got 26.3 & 24.7 mpg, mostly highway 75 - 85 mph.
Purely anecdotal, but interesting nonetheless.
Unread 11-05-2011, 07:35 PM   #25
bmw_686

can you make a video of the exhaust i cant find any videos on youtube
bmw_686 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-06-2011, 06:26 PM   #26
fishinbama
2007 WK 

My dream exhaust starts at the downpipe with no converters,no pressure sensors, no 02 sensors, no resonators, mufflers or dpf. It also has the pcv (elephant hose mod) plumbed into it. Wonder how loud it would be. I am already talking to a tuner that can make it so that there are no codes.
fishinbama is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-06-2011, 06:43 PM   #27
suzieque
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw_686 View Post
can you make a video of the exhaust i cant find any videos on youtube
this may be as close as you will get
http://www.dieselpowermag.com/tech/0...e/viewall.html
2008 WK "S" Limited bright metallic silver exterior, light graystone interior, 5 speed W5J400 transmission, June 18/2008 build, C213RE rear differential with 3.73 axle ratio, C200FE front differential with 3.73 axle ratio, 245/60R18 Goodyear Fortera tires (stock summer tires), NV245 transfer case, GT2056V turbo, 3.0L CRD (OM642.980)
suzieque is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-06-2011, 07:12 PM   #28
bmw_686

oyah i want to hear it but they said its not that load anyways because of the dpf filter.
bmw_686 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-06-2011, 08:18 PM   #29
2008Me
2008 WK 

This is what I drive every day, the F250. Its got the 7.3L or 444ci Turbo diesel. I have a 4'' SS straight pipe, no muffler no cat no crap! Its no louder than it was with a muffler on it. When it comes to a turbo diesel the turbo eats all the sound so it stays pretty quiet. When your talking about back pressure on a turbo diesel the less the better you dont need/want any! So the money you spend on an exhaust will continue to pay for itself over time... it takes a long time to get your money back but worth it. They should be mandrel bent pipes too which helps flo unlike the rippled pipe you get from the factory
2008Me is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-06-2011, 10:51 PM   #30
TurboDiesel
2008 WK 

^ change ur signature....

bmw 686 lets see a pic of ur ride, i live in Langley BC too lol
TurboDiesel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.