CRD leakin' fuel.....and stinkin'... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > CRD leakin' fuel.....and stinkin'...

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 12-27-2012, 03:44 PM   #1
ddayne
2008 WK 

CRD leakin' fuel.....and stinkin'...

.....noticed a bit of diesel smell....got worse.....then saw an oily spot on the wet pavement after I backed out of a spot. Took it into the Jeep dealer and they say it needs a HP pump, an injector, and some hoses.....also tie rods.....and an oil leak. All will be covered by warranty...sure glad I got the extended (gold) warranty...no deductable and includes a week's rental. By the time it's all done, they say it should be ANOTHER $5-6 K...yes another!!! The turbo and associated items were over $6 K a year ago!

I sure hope the Fiat diesel will be better than this MB

ddayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2012, 04:28 PM   #2
Radcrd
2007 WK 

I call BS! They will not change half of those items yet charge it back to Chrysler. The dealer is milking the manufacturer.... The MB is known to be reliable so is the VM Motori but time will tell...
3 VW TDI's (sold)
Radcrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2012, 04:32 PM   #3
suzieque
2008 WK 

hmmm, do these guys really know what they are doing? or are they just replacing everything and getting chrysler to pay for it all? Injector seals can leak, but are easily fixed with a new seal. The injector pump normally leaks internally and fills the crankcase with diesel fuel - a good reason to check your oil frequently, but you would not see external signs of this type of failure from what I have read.

These engines commonly leak around the fuel filter, especially where a non-Mopar filter was used or if the clamps were not correct. I read a thread about a fuel tank leak, but that would show up around the fuel tank skid plate.
2008 WK "S" Limited bright metallic silver exterior, light graystone interior, 5 speed W5J400 transmission, June 18/2008 build, C213RE rear differential with 3.73 axle ratio, C200FE front differential with 3.73 axle ratio, 245/60R18 Goodyear Fortera tires (stock summer tires), NV245 transfer case, GT2056V turbo, 3.0L CRD (OM642.980)
suzieque is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.