CRD Help - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > CRD Help

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 11-14-2013, 01:22 PM   #1
Brandon_n
2007 WK 

CRD Help

I have a 2007 Grand CRD and yesterday a red light came on (looks like a lightning bolt with a line on both sides) and the motor feels extremely under powered and doesn't want to let me go faster than 25-30 MPH. It behaves a lot like when a duramax goes into limp mode. I haven't had much time to look into it yet, it did throw the check engine light on so I'm going to run the codes tonight. I did try disconnecting the battery for about 15 minutes and it didn't help. Was just wondering if any of you might have an idea of what might be going on or maybe push me in the right direction? The motor has no issues running and idols normally. I've tried looking up information on the "red lightning bolt" light and it looks like a number of things can trigger it. Thanks for any help and input!

Brandon_n is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2013, 01:27 PM   #2
tnadanzig

2007 WK 

As you said it could be a number of issues. You need to hook up a scanner and pull the codes. Once we have those codes we can give you a better idea of what might be going wrong and give some recommendations on what to fix. Some of the auto parts stores have a generic scanner that can pull some, but not all of them. That might get you in the right direction.
2007 3.0L CRD WK LTD - Stage 2 Custom Spooling Tune, Go Fast Parts
Pro-lite Build
2003 F250 6.0L CCLB - Gearhead Tunes
tnadanzig is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2013, 01:50 PM   #3
jaje
2007 WK 

Read up in this FAQ to get an idea what it could be - glow plug / swirl motor / etc.
#74 Exocet - NASA ST3 / E0
jaje is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2013, 03:20 PM   #4
Brandon_n
2007 WK 

Alright so the check engine code is P2015. Says is a fuel rail pressure malfunction, maximum fuel flow exeeded. Now I just gotta figure out a place to start checking things I guess.
Unread 11-14-2013, 04:06 PM   #5
tnadanzig

2007 WK 

I will post some info on this tonight. I am at work and have that stuff at home. Sounds like your fuel pressure regulator is not working and will need to be replaced. Its on the front of the drivers side fuel rail.
2007 3.0L CRD WK LTD - Stage 2 Custom Spooling Tune, Go Fast Parts
Pro-lite Build
2003 F250 6.0L CCLB - Gearhead Tunes
tnadanzig is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2013, 04:14 PM   #6
Brandon_n
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnadanzig View Post
I will post some info on this tonight. I am at work and have that stuff at home. Sounds like your fuel pressure regulator is not working and will need to be replaced. Its on the front of the drivers side fuel rail.
Hey thanks so much! When I had the code ran it did say problem with the fuel rail pressure sensor signal. Hopefully its an easy fix.
Unread 11-16-2013, 02:44 PM   #7
Brandon_n
2007 WK 

So I changed the fuel filter hoping that may have been the problem. I know with the common rail trucks a dirty fuel filter can cause the same issue due to a drop in rail pressure. Now the red light only comes on after driving for a mile or so, and it only comes on while driving. I can turn it off and turn it back on, rev the motor and no light. Idols and runs perfectly normal. I called several auto parts stores around here and no one can seam to find a "fuel rail pressure sensor" for it? Any ideas to where I can find a new fuel rail pressure sensor? And instructions on how to replace it? From what I've looked up the sensor is on the back end (closest to the cab) of the passenger side rail... Thanks for any help!
Unread 11-16-2013, 05:01 PM   #8
GDE
2005 KJ Liberty 

Brandon,

P2015 is Bank 1 swirl position sensor performance. You have a failed swirl motor, it is not related to the fuel pressure.

This is a common problem on the WK. GDE
GDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2013, 08:41 PM   #9
jaje
2007 WK 

A .05 resistor fixes it quickly or if need for short term.
#74 Exocet - NASA ST3 / E0
jaje is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2013, 11:36 PM   #10
Chirpz

2007 WK 

I was just going to say...sounds like a swirl motor to me.
If you can swing it...get the GDE tune. I will make that problem go away and give your more power and better mileage.
EHM MOD, Garmin Mechanic EcoHD, K&N Filter (Deleted)
Chirpz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2013, 01:16 PM   #11
Brandon_n
2007 WK 

Hey thanks for the help! I'm going to pick up a pack of resistors today and hopefully that will work as a temp. fix for now. I've been wanting to do a GDE tune but just haven't gotten around to it yet. Christmas is next month though so maybe I'll get it then haha. Again appreciate the help!
Unread 11-19-2013, 08:14 AM   #12
Brandon_n
2007 WK 

Just wanted to say thanks again for the help! Picked up some resistors and problem solved!

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.