CRD Glow Plug issue - Page 15 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > CRD Glow Plug issue

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSteering and more from Ruffstuff!Bushed Sleeves & Poly Bushings!

Unread 09-29-2013, 03:14 PM   #211
miles85
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zc911 View Post
i had #4 and 6 go within a few days of each other as well.
NAPA near me charged me $33 each !
Which NAPA di you go to?

Did you get the Bosch or Beru one?

miles85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-29-2013, 09:40 PM   #212
WKDiesel

Lordco in Vancouver sells them for $20 each
WKDiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2013, 01:16 PM   #213
zc911

Quote:
Originally Posted by miles85 View Post
Which NAPA di you go to?

Did you get the Bosch or Beru one?

ohh right one was more than the other, i went with Bosh
Napa at 410 and Queen in brampton
zc911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2013, 08:47 AM   #214
jediknight
2008 WK 

Now which on is better ??

Beru or Bosch ...

I've also found a place that sells both ...

Bosch : 27$
Berru : 40$

Unread 10-07-2013, 09:25 AM   #215
lavern23
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I have 2 left over from when I had our CRD wk. they are in the factory Mercedes boxes. I will sell them shipped within in the 48 states for $25.00 each.

Chadbrooks123@yahoo.com is best.
lavern23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2013, 03:50 PM   #216
terrasmak
2007 WK 

One module and 2 plugs are on the way to me. Hopefully the module fixes mine, the CEL has been on for a while now and its almost time for smog. Then my dad got a #5 code right after the GDE tune (same as me ) hopefully the plugs will fix his.
Unread 10-20-2013, 06:57 PM   #217
BobSgt
2008 WK 

Wish Atlantic Jeep in NJ was this ethical

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDXCHRIS View Post
Our 2008 WK CRD 3.0 3500K went to the dealer with the check engine light on and a short glow plug light after startup, just as the comments have stated above. When the service writer called with the report that the replacement of two glow plugs # 1 and # 3 as well as the glow plug module was needed and the car would be read, Parts & Labor coming to $ 736.02. a fuel-flush for $ 158.00 and a new fuel filter in stalled for $ 228.41 plus the Electronic Engine Control Diagnosis II All another $ 112.00 coming to a grand total of $ 1211.38 DOLLARS! Now hearing this from the enthusiastic service writer at the crack of dawn, after dropping the vehicle off the afternoon before and having extended GOLD Plus Plus Jeep Chrysler warranty, was a bit of a shock to say the least!

At this point I requested that the truck be pulled out of the service bay and parked for me to retrieve costing us $110.00 for the diagnosis. Next stop was JeepForum.com and this thread to get to the bottom of this. Armed with the information from this thread, I set out to find the parts and tackle the job myself. Checking online I came up with the parts needed and was ready to hit the check-out button, when my better half asked if i would check locally for the parts that were needed were available at a comparable price. Again thanks to posted information I went to the brand new Mercedes-Benz dealer just down the street from our home and placed a order for 6 glow plugs and a module grand total of $ 330.00 the cost of the module being $ 180.00 and $ 150.00 for the six glow plugs witch retailed for $ 32.00 discounting the price $ 7.00 dollars each as to me more competitive with the internet pricing.

Next we receive the email from the dealer asking if we were pleased with the service performed, or should i say my wife received. Having excellent customer service skills she sends a reply to the Service Manager listing our concerns, to her surprise the reply to her message was return quickly. The tone of this email was we want to make this right.

Bottom line is that Northwest Jeep Inc. Portland, Oregon installed all six glow plugs and the module and replaced the broken key with programing for what we had paid for the diagnosis $ 110.00 dollars. The service manger and general manger met my wife and delivered the car personally.

Now That's service

Thanks Jeep Northwest for making it right

Maria & Christopher

P.S. I do my own oil and filter service at home.

I had a similar experience with Atlantic Jeep in Southern NJ but not a happy ending. They quoted me $1050.00 JUST to replace 6 glow plugs on our 2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD, the GP Control Module was not included.

Next step was this forum. I then ordered (6) factory glow plugs and a GP Control Module from SteveWhite motors through ebay (great price and prompt delivery for MOPAR parts). The (6) glow plugs were about $170.00, the Control Module was also about $170 I used the directions on the forum and went to work. Since it was my first time it took a couple hours. So I got everything done for $350.00 and a couple hours labor.

I too responded to the customer service managers email with my solution, but I got no response. This was the same dealer that wanted to charge me $59.00 to check transmission fluid level (done for free at the neighborhood transmission shop). Will never do business with them again.

Thanks to EVERYONE for such great guidance. I wish I could get similar guidance for my BMW 335d.
BobSgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2013, 09:47 AM   #218
terrasmak
2007 WK 

Swapped my module last night, 4 starts on it and no CEL so far. Got the 2 spare glow plugs, hopefully 1 of them will take care of my dad's CEL next weekend (#5) if not order a module for him too.
Unread 11-08-2013, 12:52 PM   #219
miles85
2008 WK 

Glow plug number six replaced. I actually couldn't get needle nose piers so I just pried the connector off with two flathead screwdrivers. I was able to get a socket with a extension to the glow plug after I removed the metal bracket that goes over top (the metal one that is attached to the trans filler tube at the other end)
Unread 11-09-2013, 07:32 PM   #220
wanabxtrm

Atlantic Jeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobSgt View Post
I had a similar experience with Atlantic Jeep in Southern NJ but not a happy ending. They quoted me $1050.00 JUST to replace 6 glow plugs on our 2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD, the GP Control Module was not included.

Next step was this forum. I then ordered (6) factory glow plugs and a GP Control Module from SteveWhite motors through ebay (great price and prompt delivery for MOPAR parts). The (6) glow plugs were about $170.00, the Control Module was also about $170 I used the directions on the forum and went to work. Since it was my first time it took a couple hours. So I got everything done for $350.00 and a couple hours labor.

I too responded to the customer service managers email with my solution, but I got no response. This was the same dealer that wanted to charge me $59.00 to check transmission fluid level (done for free at the neighborhood transmission shop). Will never do business with them again.

Thanks to EVERYONE for such great guidance. I wish I could get similar guidance for my BMW 335d.
Glad to hear I'm not the only one who hates Atlantic Jeep. I'm in EHT and have yet to have a good experience with them.
wanabxtrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-17-2013, 09:04 PM   #221
CRD Owner
2007 WK 

OK, don't crucify me, but I purchased a Echlin GP from Napa and installed this morning. I was getting a P0673 fault code, GP#3. So I changed the one closest to the firewall on the passenger side, and it was a faulty plug. The plug that came out was a Beru, with a Merc logo on it.

This is the fourth plug we have replaced, 2, 4, 5, and now 3. I decided to go this route instead of the 150 the stealership charged me last time.

Anyone have any experience with these GP's? I got mine for 26.99 per as I bought 6, and they have a 3 year warranty.

CRD Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2013, 09:36 AM   #222
CRD Owner
2007 WK 

No comments??

The light went out after 2 days, so far so good.
CRD Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2013, 09:57 AM   #223
Chirpz

2007 WK 

I don't know if it is good or bad but that would have been my first choice because of the convenience of it. They are practically next door. So I won't throw the first stone.
EHM MOD, Garmin Mechanic EcoHD, K&N Filter (Deleted)
Chirpz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-21-2013, 10:50 AM   #224
miles85
2008 WK 

If the GP works then it was a good choice.

Also if anyone is in the Greater Toronto area and needs a Control Unit I have one. I bought it for a glow plug issue but it appears it was the GP itself. The unit is new in box. Mercedes-Benz OE. $170 and I can meet you/deliver.
Unread 11-21-2013, 07:27 PM   #225
jaje
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by miles85 View Post
Also if anyone is in the Greater Toronto area and needs a Control Unit I have one. I bought it for a glow plug issue but it appears it was the GP itself. The unit is new in box. Mercedes-Benz OE. $170 and I can meet you/deliver.
I'd hold onto it in case you have another problem.
#74 Exocet - NASA ST3 / E0
jaje is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.