CRD front driveshaft length - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > CRD front driveshaft length

Oconee Off-Road Free Shipping Lifts Tires Bumpers Tops andPerformance tuning programmers @ oconee off road 706 534 9Stainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 07-30-2013, 05:51 PM   #1
JeepinShep
2007 WK 

CRD front driveshaft length

Hey fellow CRD owners..

I'm stuck without a garage, and don't want to to lay in the mud of my driveway to get a length on the front prop shaft. It's scheduled to rain another 2" tonight/tomorrow so I'm a few days away from having a dry spot..

Do any of you happen to know what the length is? I need to order a replacement, and am going with a DC/DC conversion - which I will dutifully report back on

Thanks in advance.

2007 WK Limited, Red Rock Crystal, 3.0L CRD, QD-II. OME HD lift. 255x75x17s. Pinchweld mod. 1.5" Alloy hub-centric spacers. F/R Stillen rotors and pads. 4xG rear diff guard and belly armor. Tuned by Green Diesel.

[QUOTE=bhoch]...you never, ever, skimp on suspension and tires as they will save your *** when you do something stupid - and .. you *will* do something stupid. [/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=DeansWings]Rock crawling is a whole 'nother animal. To me, the off-camber low rpm negotiation of lines provides a different type of adrenaline than plowing through mud. It's terrifying at times, but the pride of looking back at what you just climbed over is what is addictive.[/QUOTE]
JeepinShep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-31-2013, 07:20 AM   #2
tnadanzig

2007 WK 

I can check tonight after work and let you know the length from flange to flange.
2007 3.0L CRD WK LTD - Stage 2 Custom Spooling Tune, Go Fast Parts
Pro-lite Build
2003 F250 6.0L CCLB - Gearhead Tunes
tnadanzig is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-31-2013, 06:13 PM   #3
JeepinShep
2007 WK 

Thanks man.
Another inch and a half of rain today.. We're considering looking into genetic splicing for gills.
2007 WK Limited, Red Rock Crystal, 3.0L CRD, QD-II. OME HD lift. 255x75x17s. Pinchweld mod. 1.5" Alloy hub-centric spacers. F/R Stillen rotors and pads. 4xG rear diff guard and belly armor. Tuned by Green Diesel.

[QUOTE=bhoch]...you never, ever, skimp on suspension and tires as they will save your *** when you do something stupid - and .. you *will* do something stupid. [/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=DeansWings]Rock crawling is a whole 'nother animal. To me, the off-camber low rpm negotiation of lines provides a different type of adrenaline than plowing through mud. It's terrifying at times, but the pride of looking back at what you just climbed over is what is addictive.[/QUOTE]
Unread 07-31-2013, 06:57 PM   #4
scootr29
Web Wheeler

2008 WK 

I am over in SC and we have had almost 15 inches of rain this month...we average about 2 inches in July and about 25 for the entire year.....
Silver WK Club Member #1
2008 CRD QT2
scootr29 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-01-2013, 07:38 PM   #5
tnadanzig

2007 WK 

That rain sounds like our spring. We had some good flooding this early summer. Sorry, I had a family emergency yesterday, our new baby was not feeling good and had to take him to see the doctor. The length of the front driveshaft is 32.125" give or take a 1/16" flange to flange. The flanges are not your typical Dana 44 style. Sorry the length picture was pretty bad, but I couldn't get it to show up without the flash. But, the picture is just for reference.

Transfer Case Flange

Front Differential
2007 3.0L CRD WK LTD - Stage 2 Custom Spooling Tune, Go Fast Parts
Pro-lite Build
2003 F250 6.0L CCLB - Gearhead Tunes
tnadanzig is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-02-2013, 07:47 AM   #6
JeepinShep
2007 WK 

Thanks! Off to order a drive shaft..

NWS says we have had 6.6" of rain officially for July.. Since the three days around 4th of July alone were over 5" combined and I've had three other rain events that each dumped over 2" locally on days when the official record says less than an inch, I'm going to say I'm at least double what said record shows.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.