CRD extended warranty. Buy it or pass? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > CRD extended warranty. Buy it or pass?

Safety Thimble FairleadsEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippBLACK FRIDAY SPECIALS!! You asked, we deliver!

Unread 11-07-2012, 08:41 AM   #1
torquey
2008 WK 

CRD extended warranty. Buy it or pass?

I just got my 08 CRD Overland with 70,000 miles. I'm starting to get a lot of mailers about extended warranties. So far I've replaced a couple glow plugs and put in the new intake tube. Does anyone have experience with a good warranty? Should I even get one? Is it worth it?

'08 CRD 3.0, Overland, Grey, 70k miles, QDII, GDE Hot tune, black gasket intake, OME Medium Duty lift, BFG All Terrains 265/70 R17, 1.5" SpiderTrax, 4XGuard Sliders, DPF delete and Resonator about to get installed.
torquey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-07-2012, 10:19 AM   #2
tnadanzig

2007 WK 

I would skip the warranty. Really not worth it. With the tune and black gasket you should be set.
2007 3.0L CRD WK LTD - Stage 2 Custom Spooling Tune, Go Fast Parts
Pro-lite Build
2003 F250 6.0L CCLB - Gearhead Tunes
tnadanzig is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-07-2012, 10:23 AM   #3
modernblueWK

I get those same crap warranty mailers. They arent worth the paper they are printed on. Follow the advice of the crd guys here. The jeep maxcare warranty is a good one.
Blue WK club #4
modernblueWK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-07-2012, 10:30 AM   #4
Radcrd
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnadanzig View Post
I would skip the warranty. Really not worth it. With the tune and black gasket you should be set.
Do you have the part number for the BLACK gasket? My swirl valve was replaced just prior to me buying the Jeep. However it still has the orange gasket and is still leaking.... Do you replace just the gasket or the whole intake pipe?

As for warranty I would skip it also. Too many hidden exceptions that usually make it worthless anyways.
3 VW TDI's (sold)
Radcrd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-07-2012, 10:43 AM   #5
jaje
2007 WK 

I bought my '07 with 68k miles on it and got the premium extended warranty on it. I worry the Jeep surrounding the CRD is where I'll get killed especially if the 4wd system goes. of the $3k for the 4 year 48k mile ext'd warranty I already spend $1,500 getting various items fixed like when the alternator went out and the struts were bad.

I will add the GDE tune with DPF delete (eliminate swirl motor and egr problems) and will also do the EHM once I get the plug I need.
#74 Exocet - NASA ST3 / E0
jaje is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-07-2012, 05:11 PM   #6
TangoTango
2008 WK 

Part is 53013672-AE COLD INTAKE HOSE TO TURBO

It replaces the whole intake pipe. Think it was like $80.
TangoTango is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-08-2012, 06:51 AM   #7
camino70

My understanding is since you have a tune, that will give the company tons of wiggle room to fight you on anything drive train related. If they won't cover or fight you on anything drive train related, what's the point?
camino70 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-08-2012, 09:18 PM   #8
torquey
2008 WK 

Camino Good point I got the GDE tune, but when you buy it you get a little computer that can put it n and pull it off at will. You then have two tunes, original and GDE and only one can be used at a time. I pull the GDE off before going into the garage.
'08 CRD 3.0, Overland, Grey, 70k miles, QDII, GDE Hot tune, black gasket intake, OME Medium Duty lift, BFG All Terrains 265/70 R17, 1.5" SpiderTrax, 4XGuard Sliders, DPF delete and Resonator about to get installed.
torquey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-10-2012, 09:10 AM   #9
Jason911
2014 WK 

I purchased a ext warranty through chrysler when I bought my crd. It had 35,450 miles on it, and I to was more worried about the Jeep and less about the engine. After accumulating 13,000 miles in the last year - i had to have the crank position sensor replaced. And thats it - if the swirl motor fails, they'll fix it, up to 80K/2015. Its a half a horse apiece really - spend the $500 and get the GDE tune, or spend a bit more and get a whole vehicle warranty. The choice is yours, and your pocketbook.
Jason911 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.