crd engine tdc performance chip - Page 9 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > crd engine tdc performance chip

CurrieSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsStainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 07-24-2008, 01:23 PM   #121
mister17_5_9

^^^ yeah... and what are the #s for power increases?

mister17_5_9 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-24-2008, 02:19 PM   #122
Mish_Mish

2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Oh DSL View Post
Increased rail pressure? Possible VGT actuation augmentation?

Would you happen to have a Gtech or Dash Hawk? I'd like to see what kind of est. E/T your getting.

Sounds pretty cool!
I do not have any aftermarket gages. I would like to get exhaust temp meter, always liked it on my turbo Isuzu.
Unread 07-24-2008, 02:20 PM   #123
Mish_Mish

2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJS8510 View Post

how much did this set you back?
Total $1055 US clams.
Unread 07-24-2008, 02:22 PM   #124
Mish_Mish

2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mister17_5_9 View Post
^^^ yeah... and what are the #s for power increases?
Not sure, how would I tell without dyno?

They promise 272hp at 450lb.ft, but who knows for sure what it comes up to in reality.

Car feels a lot different, like it lost 500lb. Takoff lag is almost gone, she feels now like gas vehicle. Will see on the long run.
Unread 07-24-2008, 02:47 PM   #125
LJS8510
Web Wheeler

2008 WK 

sounds good please keep us up to date!

thanks

08 CRD @ 163,000
OME HD Lift about 3"
4xGuard Rails
Stillens
AEV Wheels 5.75 BS
JBA UCA's
GSA 255/75/17 32.1" (no bolt cut/no pinch weld)
spare 265/70/17 stock location
Lockpic, 100,000 club
LJS8510 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-24-2008, 05:38 PM   #126
Rocketron
2008 WK 

More power.... more fun

Good Job!! Is this a "Plug and Play" unit? Or are there adjustments to fine tune it to your vehicle requiring a service tech? Exciting news, please tell us more. It looks like more wires than my TDC cr plus. How long to install and have you had any CEL lights to deal with? Last question, where can I get mine???? Thanks man! Have fun. As for me, I am still waiting for new MBRP Filter back, 3" exhaust to be delivered. I have located "Dry Cone Filter" with 3.25" ID from AEM. And from research AEM seems to be one of the better dry filter. I found it on thier web site and I have ordered one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mish_Mish View Post
Not sure, how would I tell without dyno?

They promise 272hp at 450lb.ft, but who knows for sure what it comes up to in reality.

Car feels a lot different, like it lost 500lb. Takoff lag is almost gone, she feels now like gas vehicle. Will see on the long run.
Rocketron is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-24-2008, 06:17 PM   #127
Mish_Mish

2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketron View Post
Good Job!! Is this a "Plug and Play" unit? Or are there adjustments to fine tune it to your vehicle requiring a service tech? Exciting news, please tell us more. It looks like more wires than my TDC cr plus. How long to install and have you had any CEL lights to deal with? Last question, where can I get mine????
There are 5 points where it attaches between sensor and the engine harness.
Boost pressure sensor
Cylinder 1 injector
Cylinder 4 injector
Fuel rail pressure sensor
and Quality control sensor on the fuel pump (I think)
Also one attachment to the ground.
Mercedes installation has controller box mounted next to strut plate, in separated from under hood heat area, in my case, I ran harness through the firewal and mounted controller box inside the dash, next to fuse box.

Engine started and ran for the first time like nothing changed, no CEL, no RPM jumping.
I actually just came back from dealership, they activated my towing harness and ran system scan. Everything checked out fine, no remarks, Brabus box is invisible to them.
So far I feel no difference in operation, just performance is different.
I found my box on eBay, some nice guy from UK is selling all kinds of MB and Brabus parts. If I was looking for something similar, I'd get cheaper Spider box, stat is supposed to be even better:
http://www.dieseltuning.co.uk/chrysl...el-tuning.html
You can buy directly from them, they will ship to US.

BTW, here is picture of inside the Brabus box (as far as I could open it), I suppose there is more than just resistors in there.
24072008175.jpg  

Last edited by Mish_Mish; 07-25-2008 at 04:57 PM..
Mish_Mish is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-25-2008, 02:59 PM   #128
----

Quote:
I have located "Dry Cone Filter" with 3.25" ID from AEM. And from research AEM seems to be one of the better dry filter. I found it on thier web site and I have ordered one.
Oh goodness, I hope its not the one I'm picturing. Although it's the right neck size, the cone length is very short. If you get this before you open the box, double-check the overall length. Good luck.
---- is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-25-2008, 04:41 PM   #129
Rocketron
2008 WK 

aem dry filter, 5" or 9"?

I did not know which length to order so I ordered the 5" because I was not sure the 9" would fit in the space. I have not received it yet. Which would you recommend?
Quote:
Oh goodness, I hope its not the one I'm picturing. Although it's the right neck size, the cone length is very short. If you get this before you open the box, double-check the overall length. Good luck.
Unread 07-25-2008, 05:01 PM   #130
----

I'm using the gray dry media filter. It measures 7" from the filter neck to the top. They may have released a new series which fits the specs needed. Do you have a part number for the filter you ordered?

-If the overall length is greater than 5" the filter you ordered should work just fine.
---- is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-25-2008, 06:00 PM   #131
Rocketron
2008 WK 

Thank you for your information. Most helpfull. Is the Spider box similar to the Cr Plus box I already have? Or does it re map part of the ECU? I think the Brabus remaps part of the ECU, is this correct?

Thanks and look forward to udates of how Brabus is working for you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mish_Mish View Post
There are 5 points where it attaches between sensor and the engine harness.
Boost pressure sensor
Cylinder 1 injector
Cylinder 4 injector
Fuel rail pressure sensor
and Quality control sensor on the fuel pump (I think)
Also one attachment to the ground.
Mercedes installation has controller box mounted next to strut plate, in separated from under hood heat area, in my case, I ran harness through the firewal and mounted controller box inside the dash, next to fuse box.

Engine started and ran for the first time like nothing changed, no CEL, no RPM jumping.
I actually just came back from dealership, they activated my towing harness and ran system scan. Everything checked out fine, no remarks, Brabus box is invisible to them.
So far I feel no difference in operation, just performance is different.
I found my box on eBay, some nice guy from UK is selling all kinds of MB and Brabus parts. If I was looking for something similar, I'd get cheaper Spider box, stat is supposed to be even better:
http://www.dieseltuning.co.uk/chrysl...el-tuning.html
You can buy directly from them, they will ship to US.

BTW, here is picture of inside the Brabus box (as far as I could open it), I suppose there is more than just resistors in there.
Unread 07-25-2008, 06:13 PM   #132
Rocketron
2008 WK 

aem dry filter

The part number for the 5" I ordered is 21-2110 and the part number for the 9" is 21-2109. I believe 5" refers to th length of the filter media.
Quote:
I'm using the gray dry media filter. It measures 7" from the filter neck to the top. They may have released a new series which fits the specs needed. Do you have a part number for the filter you ordered?

-If the overall length is greater than 5" the filter you ordered should work just fine.
Unread 07-25-2008, 08:37 PM   #133
Mish_Mish

2008 WK 

Quote:
Thank you for your information. Most helpfull. Is the Spider box similar to the Cr Plus box I already have? Or does it re map part of the ECU? I think the Brabus remaps part of the ECU, is this correct?

Thanks and look forward to udates of how Brabus is working for you.
Spider is more advanced, it has 2 maps, one economy and one power, it switches between these two automatically, based on your driving. I am not sure how these compare to CR and stuff, because all CR connects to is fuel rail, meaning it probably works on more primitive level than Spider.
Unread 07-27-2008, 06:06 AM   #134
s3eblue
2007 WK 

The Spider only controls fuel pressure and pulse width and plugs into the rail just like the others, but it's able to switch performance modes by monitoring RPM and load, it's a little more expensive than most performance boxes but once it's installed you start to discover why. If any of you have any question's just email Mike at Spider, there really proud of there product and have been one of the best companies I've ever dealt with.
s3eblue is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-27-2008, 09:39 AM   #135
Mish_Mish

2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by s3eblue View Post
The Spider only controls fuel pressure and pulse width and plugs into the rail just like the others, but it's able to switch performance modes by monitoring RPM and load, it's a little more expensive than most performance boxes but once it's installed you start to discover why. If any of you have any question's just email Mike at Spider, there really proud of there product and have been one of the best companies I've ever dealt with.

So what is different about Brabus box then? Does the fact that it connects to 5 points, instead of 1 mean it is more advanced?

BTW, it was day 3 of my driving with brabus box and I think it fine tuned itself to match the engine.
Take off delay is much less notieceable now, it is now about the same as medium sized gas engine with A/C on.
Top end power went up a lot, acceleration from 65 to 90 mpg now feels like i am in 3000lb turbo coupe. I think my old V12 Jaguar has more lag on highway than GC.

If I can trust fuel economy counter, city mpg went up. It now stays at 21 mpg solid, however highway mpg is yet to be seen. I am going 260 mile trip today, se we will see how she does. If fuel economy gage is based on cacuum, while tuner box is expanding injection phase, than actual fuel economy is going to decrease. I will see what my calculator says at the next visit to pump. BTW, yesterday I filled up at $4.03/gal, fuel did go down a bit.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.