crd engine tdc performance chip - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > crd engine tdc performance chip

Jeep Grand Cherokee Headlight AssembliesJeep Wrangler Wheel Bearing & Hub - FrontPremium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDG

Unread 06-02-2008, 03:24 PM   #46
----

I couldn't paste the other day. Here's the picture to which I was referring.

---- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2008, 10:55 PM   #47
magellan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Oh DSL View Post

I couldn't paste the other day. Here's the picture to which I was referring.
I found the picture. Thanks.
What did you do about the two sensors, exp. the one that was in the stock filter box.
magellan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2008, 08:18 PM   #48
defender
1998 ZJ 

So all of you that got this module, you think it's worth the money for the performance. Right now my CRD is stock. Anything else I have to do to help this tuner? Where did you guys get it from, the company's web site?
defender is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2008, 12:15 AM   #49
mitek
2008 WK 

$250 = almost +40hp and +70 lb.ft of torque You do the math. I got mine off the ebay.
mitek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2008, 02:35 AM   #50
defender
1998 ZJ 

So I guess you feel the difference. I checked ebay and found nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitek View Post
$250 = almost +40hp and +70 lb.ft of torque You do the math. I got mine off the ebay.
Unread 06-04-2008, 11:45 AM   #51
drysuitdiver
2007 XK Commander 

wow you get the merc badge under the hood.

we get the Jeep logo over here on the CRDs
drysuitdiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2008, 12:18 PM   #52
mitek
2008 WK 

I feel the big difference in performance for sure. Especially the added horsepower makes the engine a lot more responsive. Before there was enough torque but with 215hp the engine felt a bit gutless at the higher rpm. Just my feeling though. Here is the link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Power...spagenameZWD1V

I would also check the Power Box CR Plus. They claim even more power with that one. I was not aware of the other version when I ordered mine.

Last edited by mitek; 06-04-2008 at 12:21 PM.. Reason: add
Unread 06-04-2008, 12:21 PM   #53
defender
1998 ZJ 

Thanks. One more thing, do you have a K&N or other high performance air filter. Since you guys like it, maybe I'll go for it.
Unread 06-04-2008, 12:29 PM   #54
mitek
2008 WK 

I dropped the K&N replacement filter in mine the next day I installed the Power Box. Can't tell if I felt the difference, but I was reading in one of the magazines (Diesel Power I think) they tested the K&N replacement filter on a stock 3.0 CRD, the dyno result was +10hp. You never know unless you dyno it yourself but for $40 bucks - it is not a big deal. Also, I have been using K&N in all of my previous cars and trucks without any problems.
Cheers
Unread 06-05-2008, 12:56 PM   #55
mister17_5_9

just scrap the stock airbox and run a dryflow AEM or AFE filter with a 3" filter neck on the stock piping... IMO K&N is not a very good filter
mister17_5_9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2008, 01:05 PM   #56
defender
1998 ZJ 

Would that cause a check engine light?
Unread 06-05-2008, 02:48 PM   #57
mister17_5_9

not if you were to relocate the IAT sensor (put in the plastic pipe) and put the filter on the inlet of the MAF
mister17_5_9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2008, 07:22 PM   #58
defender
1998 ZJ 

Relocate it where? I e-mailed TDC and this is what I got:

Here's the difference between the PowerBox CR and the digital PowerBox CRplus:

The PowerBox CR consists of a microprocessor and an integrated circuit that incorporates some capacitors and resistors. The analog components only control the adjustment. The microprocessor controls all data flow, so essentially we can call it a digital PowerBox. The power improvement is moderate when compared to the CRplus. The power gain is somewhat linear with acceleration and increases as speed increases gradually throughout the entire speed range. The PowerBox is adjusted by means of a built-in adjustment screw. The adjustment screw is either turned clockwise or counterclockwise to increase/decrease power. The unit's increased power and torque provides a modest increase in fuel efficiency - approximately an additional 5%. With some vehicles, the savings is even greater.

The PowerBox CRplus is fully digital and includes a signal variation switch with multiple settings, so there's never a problem finding the setting that's best for your vehicle. You can even turn the PowerBox off while it is still connected.

The CRplus has been programmed for optimal performance. Power gains vary depending on engine and ECU type. Essentially, the power improvement is linear to acceleration; however, a greater boost is provided when there's an immediate demand for acceleration. This reduces the time required to pass other vehicles, and, in some cases, means less time exposure to oncoming traffic.

Despite its potential for tremendous power improvement, the CRplus has been programmed to provide better fuel efficiency. Its unique programming increases power when needed most. During acceleration, the injection time required to achieve higher speeds is substantially reduced. This minimizes fuel consumption. In fact, independent testing revealed fuel economy savings from 10% to 15% at signal variation settings between from "3" to "6."

The CRplus includes an extended wiring harness to provide greater reach for installation. Each unit comes complete with general installation instructions and is backed by our 3-year limited warranty.

With the PowerBox CRplus you will have the following gains in performance:

Original (without PowerBox)
215 HP (218 PS/bhp)
376 ft lbs Torque
510 NM
160 kW With PowerBox CRplus
260 HP (264 PS/bhp)
450 ft lbs Torque
610 NM
194 kW The digital PowerBox CRplus is US $389.00 plus US $25.00 for S&H to Canada via USPS Express Mail International (incl. insurance and tracking number). According to USPS 3-5 days. After we receive payment confirmation we ship same or next business day.

Is it worth the extra 150$ for the CRPlus?
Unread 06-06-2008, 09:22 AM   #59
----

Sorry guys, I was on a home-buying hiatus.

I'll shed some info on the questions in order of posting date:
-----------------------------------------------------------------
GENERAL INFO: www.tdc-technologies.com
IS IT WORTH IT? You bet your sweet crude it is.

magellan: There's only one sensor in the (USDM) air box. This is the barometric pressure sensor.

17.5.9 : You've got the right idea, though the filter neck needs to be a 3.25" id. -And good luck finding one of those.

drysuitdiver: Unfortunately, the Mercedes Star is not included from the Mfgr. I added this as my engine cover had neither a "JEEP" or Mercedes logo.

defender : No MIL or CEL lights will illuminate, provided you do this with attention to detail. Be aware that the stock MAF seems to have some difficulty measuring in finite amounts. In other words, with higher-flow filters, you may notice a small hesitation or "bucking" (ever so slight) from time-to-time. This is generally limited to low-speed, very partial throttle cruising. -Certainly not a safety concern.

---I'll shoot a picture of where my BARO sensor has been relocated.

---The CR and CR+ are essentially the same product. The CR+ gives you a better understanding of which tune level you're running as it has selection positions on the tune screw as opposed to the standard CR which has an infinite rotating tuning screw. There's a small learning curve associated with the standard CR but if you master it, you save $$.

Last edited by ----; 06-06-2008 at 03:44 PM..
---- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2008, 09:57 AM   #60
defender
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Oh DSL View Post
Sorry guys, I was on a home-buying hiatus.

I'll shed some info on the questions in order of posting date:
-----------------------------------------------------------------
GENERAL INFO: www.tdctechnologiesllc.com
IS IT WORTH IT? You bet your sweet crude it is.

magellan: There's only one sensor in the (USDM) air box. This is the barometric pressure sensor.

17.5.9 : You've got the right idea, though the filter neck needs to be a 3.25" id. -And good luck finding one of those.

drysuitdiver: Unfortunately, the Mercedes Star is not included from the Mfgr. I added this as my engine cover had neither a "JEEP" or Mercedes logo.

defender : No MIL or CEL lights will illuminate, provided you do this with attention to detail. Be aware that the stock MAF seems to have some difficulty measuring in finite amounts. In other words, with higher-flow filters, you may notice a small hesitation or "bucking" (ever so slight) from time-to-time. This is generally limited to low-speed, very partial throttle cruising. -Certainly not a safety concern.

---I'll shoot a picture of where my BARO sensor has been relocated.

---The CR and CR+ are essentially the same product. The CR+ gives you a better understanding of which tune level you're running as it has selection positions on the tune screw as opposed to the standard CR which has an infinite rotating tuning screw. There's a small learning curve associated with the standard CR but if you master it, you save $$.
Thanks for the info. So I should go with the stadard CR box and just play with the settings? I guess it's not worth the extra money.. Also, how did you install the cone filter on your intake? Where can I find the right filter for it? Sorry about all the questions but I'm used to buying ready CAi's and not making them...

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.