crd engine tdc performance chip - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > crd engine tdc performance chip

ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wJeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at BaselinRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 05-20-2008, 01:46 PM   #31
boxcab

2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Oh DSL View Post
The DPF in the '07 model year JGC has *what appear to be* two fuel delivery lines.
Those tubes lead to pressure transducers in the engine bay. They determine soot loading across the DPF.

2007 WK CRD
boxcab is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-20-2008, 02:09 PM   #32
----

Aha, thank you! I was begining to rethink my theory today when I loaded the new DashHawk version and was able to read from these sensors.

---- is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-21-2008, 11:37 AM   #33
bigd450
2007 WK 

What can all be read from your Dashhawk. The important things I would want are EGT, rail pressure, fuel pressure, boost. Hitting 1350-1400 egts for short times will be fine 1500-1600 I wouldnt let it say there for more then a second.

Do you know what your boost and rail pressure were at when it was stock vs the TDC? How many levels are on the TDC?
bigd450 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-21-2008, 09:38 PM   #34
----

Big news folks!

Tested EGTs without the CR box connected... The "stock" setup will reach and exceed exhaust temperatures of 1250*F. Not joking here...

Anyhow, I thought I would let all know.

bigd450: The DashHawk is limited only by the available PIDs (readings) the onboard computers are reading. There's a growing list of PIDs located HERE. -Happy motoring!
Unread 05-22-2008, 08:31 AM   #35
bigd450
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Oh DSL View Post
Big news folks!

Tested EGTs without the CR box connected... The "stock" setup will reach and exceed exhaust temperatures of 1250*F. Not joking here...

Anyhow, I thought I would let all know.
Did you happen to notice what your boost and rail pressure were at with the box off. Just curious to see the performance difference and how the TDC is actually making more power.
bigd450 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-22-2008, 09:40 AM   #36
LEDFoot
1999 WJ 

Are there any CRD performance tuner that actually manipulate boost levels and things like that rather than just overfuel?
LEDFoot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-22-2008, 10:57 AM   #37
mister17_5_9

the boost with that box is still wastgating at ~23psi... the rail pressure does not change from stock... the turbo will spool faster with the increased amount of fuel injected.

The way the CR box makes power is by increasing the duty cycle of the injectors and *maybe* changing the injection timing
mister17_5_9 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-22-2008, 01:19 PM   #38
----

I have another data log run from the DH that I've yet to post. I'll get that up here this eve for comparison. The new run was taken without the CR box.
Unread 05-26-2008, 11:49 AM   #39
----

With CR Powerbox

Without CR Powerbox
Attachment 49051

---As you can see, acceleration has decreased, while EGTs have stayed relatively the same.

Note, runs were from approx. 38MPH to about 70MPH. Speed is light blue in the first chart and yellow in the second.

Another neat trend is how regular the fuelPSI is from the first graph to the other. A smoother, more consistent line is had with the Powerbox versus without.

Last edited by ----; 09-22-2008 at 09:35 PM..
Unread 05-30-2008, 02:47 PM   #40
mitek
2008 WK 

Powerbox CR

Hi there!
I was wondering what setting are you at with Powerbox CR? I guess the box was preset from the factory at 12 turns which is 60% of the total increase. I just installed mine today and turned the screw another 6 turns counter clockwise. The performance increase is awesome! I just wonder if it is ok for the engine.
mitek is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-30-2008, 05:21 PM   #41
----

I'm using full power as is stated in my signature. Level 24 makes the CRD a bigger, fiercer beast. If you're nice to the throttle, it'll pay you back with increased MPG. Congrats on your new mod! Also, be sure to join the WK Diesel group. Click in my sig to team up.
Unread 05-30-2008, 08:39 PM   #42
mitek
2008 WK 

Thank you! I just noticed that you have diagnostics equipment installed in your Jeep so I thought better to ask you if there are any potential problems I should look out for. I understand there are no problems with overheating or anything like that?
Cheers
mitek is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-30-2008, 09:09 PM   #43
----

No sweat. Just make sure you don't run it full throttle for and longer than a 1/4 mile on a flat. My EGTs have run as high as 1380*F with no problem. Running the temps at 1350 or higher for long durations will kill the engine. I would recommend a pyrometer be it digtal (my preference) or analog. Have fun!
Unread 05-31-2008, 08:43 PM   #44
magellan

My main point in getting a CRD was to run bio diesel. I want ot go through at least one more regne cycle and get my oil analyzed again before going up to B20 (running B5 now). I would like to do anything I can to increase mileage, so if a PowerBox will do that, I'm in. Does anyone know if it will work with BD?

Also, Three-oh, would love to see some pics of your intake. All K&N offers is a drop in, which will help with mileage, but probably not as much as something more open.
magellan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-01-2008, 01:26 PM   #45
----

Check the WK picture thread on page four (i believe) post 240 or thereabouts. the last picture is pretty close to what i'm running now. Let me know if you have any questions.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.