crd engine tdc performance chip - Page 15 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > crd engine tdc performance chip

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRuffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO

Unread 09-12-2008, 12:40 PM   #211
Mish_Mish

2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Oh DSL View Post
Understood. But my figures are based on my new vehicle weight: 4,700lbs.

My calculations are also based on my track runs at the aforementioned weight. The TDC box claims a total of 443lb/ft alone. I'm factoring my intake and other mods for this equation as well. Based on the vehicle's on-pavement performance I'd say torque specs in the 450-470 range are quite realistic.

Regardless of the vehicle weight, the input torque will remain the same. In the end, stating that the 400tx trans. can handle more than its "rated" 400 maximum input torque is still a valid argument.

It does not make sense to put 400lb/ft rated gearbox on 380lb/ft engine, when they have 580 rated option with the same gear ratios. We probably need to ask Jeep engineers about that.
My transmission shifts fine, except for that stupid early shift from first to second and second to third. Engine just gets into increasing powerband and damn transmission immediately custs it off with upshift, creating very unpleasantly feeling jerk.

Unread 09-12-2008, 02:19 PM   #212
----

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mish_Mish View Post
Engine just gets into increasing powerband and damn transmission immediately custs it off with upshift, creating very unpleasantly feeling jerk.
At what RPM is your Jeep shifting?

Perhaps its just a MY2008 issue; I've no problems with the trans at all. -Maybe just a small complaint about downshifts while coasting, but other than that....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mish_Mish View Post
It does not make sense to put 400lb/ft rated gearbox on 380lb/ft engine, when they have 580 rated option
Remember, the CRD (at least mine anyhow) has a price point of about $44,000.00. By contrast, an SRT8 can be had for about the same price.

I pondered the exact same question. I surmise with the addition of the OM642, side curtain airbags (std. on '07 CRD) and other CRD-standard amenities, it became an issue of cost.

In previous conversation, MerlinTec has suggested that it may just be a US/EU naming convention differentiation. -This could also be true.

While we're discussing this: Does anyone know what front and real axles are used in the 3.7/4.7/5.7?

The CRD is supposed to have DANA-30/DANA-44 front and rear respectively, the same as the SRT8.
---- is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-12-2008, 07:43 PM   #213
Mish_Mish

2008 WK 

Well, I have 05 3.7L 4x4 Laredo sitting in my backyard, waiting to go to Russia. Something tells me that it could use 3.73 instead of 3.07, what do you think?
Unread 09-12-2008, 10:09 PM   #214
----

Anywhere near Moscow? I've got family there.

How soon does it need to go? LOL
Unread 09-12-2008, 10:18 PM   #215
Mish_Mish

2008 WK 

I have to do tons of mods to it before it goes out, maybe 2-3 weeks till it sails. It goes to MSK City.
Unread 09-12-2008, 10:20 PM   #216
----

-Small world indeed.
Unread 09-16-2008, 08:03 AM   #217
defender
1998 ZJ 

Well, just in case anyone is interested, I transfered the lease on my GC CRD and I have some parts left over, mainly the TDC PowerBox CR+ and my MyGig. Anyone interested, pm me.

- Kolak exhaust
- K&N intake
defender is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-20-2008, 11:50 AM   #218
Rocketron
2008 WK 

What has happened to thi board? The last message I can read is from 09-16-08.
Rocketron is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-24-2008, 03:21 PM   #219
Rocketron
2008 WK 

Hi,

Any update on tdc chips or the otherw mentioned here? I have the tdc and have been getting terrible milage. I just tok it off and my milage here in town in now around 16.5. I seems bad to me, but it was around 15 with tdc set on "6". I do not understand my milage. Any suggestions...

Ron
Rocketron is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-15-2009, 12:33 AM   #220
justa4banger
2007 WK 

Any news on these TDC boxes or other tuners?
justa4banger is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-15-2009, 02:42 AM   #221
Spider-One
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by justa4banger View Post
Any news on these TDC boxes or other tuners?
Nothing new as far as I can tell
Unread 03-15-2009, 07:26 AM   #222
justa4banger
2007 WK 

Seems to me that with the TDC you need to make some small intake/exhaust improvements.........in the engines complete stock form and just having the "chip" doesn't seem to do much.

Then again thats just my reading.
justa4banger is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-21-2013, 12:04 PM   #223
2008WK_Canuck

Spider Performance System

I know it's an old thread.. I was still wondering if anyone bought the newer Spider Performance System that replaced the Brabus, and could comment.
2008WK_Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.