crd engine tdc performance chip - Page 10 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > crd engine tdc performance chip

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-LoadFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 07-27-2008, 09:49 AM   #136
----

YES! Diesel certainly went down!

As stated earlier: The "CR" [Common Rail Temperature Sensor] connection points for the D6, Spider and TDC all share a similarity; as do DiabloSport and others for the Cummins, etc. The tuning modules for the CRD are adding fuel, which is accomplished several ways as most of us know. Torque increases are relatively similar among all tuning boxes.

The boost pressure sensor for the D6 is increasing boost and possibly modulating other parameters to compensate for specific environmental conditions. The basic idea is more boost = more horsepower. The Brabus (on paper thus far) makes the most horsepower gain over the alternatives on the market. I would guess the boost pressure has been increased from 23-4psi to 28-30psi. Generally speaking, 1psi is roughly equal to 10hp at the crank.

The number 1 and 4 cylinder connections are likely increasing duty cycle and/or injection pressure. Stock inj. PSI is 24,000. I'm curious, does the Brabus connect to the CP3 (high pressure pump)? This would be the black Bosch box attached to the cam area of the right bank.

Of course, this is only my best educated guess.

---If anyone is interested: It would be fun to put a couple runs in on the track with another tuned CRD. But I'm probably just dreaming. Haha!

Last edited by ----; 07-27-2008 at 10:08 AM..
---- is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-27-2008, 04:43 PM   #137
Mish_Mish

2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Oh DSL View Post
YES! Diesel certainly went down!

As stated earlier: The "CR" [Common Rail Temperature Sensor] connection points for the D6, Spider and TDC all share a similarity; as do DiabloSport and others for the Cummins, etc. The tuning modules for the CRD are adding fuel, which is accomplished several ways as most of us know. Torque increases are relatively similar among all tuning boxes.

The boost pressure sensor for the D6 is increasing boost and possibly modulating other parameters to compensate for specific environmental conditions. The basic idea is more boost = more horsepower. The Brabus (on paper thus far) makes the most horsepower gain over the alternatives on the market. I would guess the boost pressure has been increased from 23-4psi to 28-30psi. Generally speaking, 1psi is roughly equal to 10hp at the crank.

The number 1 and 4 cylinder connections are likely increasing duty cycle and/or injection pressure. Stock inj. PSI is 24,000. I'm curious, does the Brabus connect to the CP3 (high pressure pump)? This would be the black Bosch box attached to the cam area of the right bank.

Of course, this is only my best educated guess.

---If anyone is interested: It would be fun to put a couple runs in on the track with another tuned CRD. But I'm probably just dreaming. Haha!

All that sounds very harmful to engine. I wonder how Brabus was able to swing all these terrible for reliability things under Mercedes warranty?

I just came backfrom 300 mile trip, economy meter shows 23mpg, usually it is underestimated 1.5mpg, meaning that actual calculation will show 24-25mpg.

One thing bothers me the most, that damn low gearing. Other cars are going 80-85mpg at 2000-2500 rpm, when I am racing my over torqued diesel at 3000. After 3000 rpm engine becomes even louder and sounds like hot rod with straight pipes, so going 90 mph+ for me is out of question. I wish there was sixths gear on my transmission, or maybe different gear ratios for this one.
I hope some tuner company comes up with ring and pinions + transmission software to regear CRD's, for those who do not need to tow 7400lb. We could be cruising 80mph at 1800rpm and get 30mpg like we should be able to.
Unread 07-28-2008, 10:01 AM   #138
mister17_5_9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Oh DSL View Post

I would think it would be a good thing to beat a tuned cummins on the street before taking on a Diesel GC at the track... lol...
mister17_5_9 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-28-2008, 10:17 AM   #139
----

I thought only auto trannys were supposed to slip?! Hmmmm....
Unread 07-28-2008, 11:29 AM   #140
mister17_5_9

you've seen the new clutch awaiting install... lol

x-mod ehh??? that wouldn't have to do with the box full of stuff sitting in my garage would it? lol...
mister17_5_9 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-28-2008, 12:26 PM   #141
Mish_Mish

2008 WK 

I would like to take my GC to 4 wheel dyno, but not sure where to find one in my area.
I suppose torque went up a bit. Today I was going 20mph, hammered it and felt my entire car lean to the right, very odd.

Ok, I just found AWD dyno in Columbus, it is $75 for 3 pulls. Tomorrow at 4pm I am scheduled. Hopefully will have more than 150hp

Last edited by Mish_Mish; 07-28-2008 at 12:47 PM..
Mish_Mish is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-28-2008, 07:51 PM   #142
----

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mish_Mish View Post
Today I was going 20mph, hammered it and felt my entire car lean to the right, very odd.
Let's imagine that was your left hand on the wheel, pleading with the merciless torque to relinquish its constrictor-like grasp.

---Or a puddle..

Lets see some dyno charts!!
Unread 07-29-2008, 04:46 PM   #143
Mish_Mish

2008 WK 

I got dyno results, will post graph and video after 9 pm.
For now, she pulled 215hp/380lb/ft at all 4 wheels. Supposedly with 19% drivetrain correction it comes up to around 260/450 at the crank.
Seeing my car run and whistly on dyno was a little freaky
Unread 07-29-2008, 04:52 PM   #144
no-blue-screen
2008 WK 

Sounds like a lot of fun :0

CRD TURBO SEAL OIL LEAK FIX
WK CRD - EGR CLEANING WRITE-UP
MY FUEL ECONOMY DATABASE
no-blue-screen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-29-2008, 07:20 PM   #145
mitek
2008 WK 

Looks like Brabus is right on the money with their numbers except MISH has the K@N that claims 10hp by itself. So may be the drivetrain loss is a little more than 19%..
mitek is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-29-2008, 09:46 PM   #146
Mish_Mish

2008 WK 

HERE IS THAT VIDEO

Do you think the fact that read drum did not stop insync with the front one might have damaged something im my AWD system?
Unread 07-30-2008, 07:55 AM   #147
LJS8510
Web Wheeler

2008 WK 

I would doubt it, your 4wheel drive is made to take a lot of off road abuse.
do you think your delay from dead stop is gone?

08 CRD @ 163,000
OME HD Lift about 3"
4xGuard Rails
Stillens
AEV Wheels 5.75 BS
JBA UCA's
GSA 255/75/17 32.1" (no bolt cut/no pinch weld)
spare 265/70/17 stock location
Lockpic, 100,000 club
LJS8510 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-30-2008, 08:48 AM   #148
Mish_Mish

2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJS8510 View Post
I would doubt it, your 4wheel drive is made to take a lot of off road abuse.
do you think your delay from dead stop is gone?
It is gone as far as when I punch pedal and engine chokes for a half second. It now acts more like gasoline engine, however still it is a little sluggish as any diesel would be from start. On sunday I had to jump left to clear intersection and did not have the usual scare, I even thought about it later when I realized that I did not have to compensate for slow take off.
Unread 07-30-2008, 08:50 AM   #149
----

Cool. Were you able to upload the charts?
Unread 07-30-2008, 09:03 AM   #150
LJS8510
Web Wheeler

2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mish_Mish View Post
It is gone as far as when I punch pedal and engine chokes for a half second. It now acts more like gasoline engine, however still it is a little sluggish as any diesel would be from start. On sunday I had to jump left to clear intersection and did not have the usual scare, I even thought about it later when I realized that I did not have to compensate for slow take off.
that is what I want to hear!

thanks

08 CRD @ 163,000
OME HD Lift about 3"
4xGuard Rails
Stillens
AEV Wheels 5.75 BS
JBA UCA's
GSA 255/75/17 32.1" (no bolt cut/no pinch weld)
spare 265/70/17 stock location
Lockpic, 100,000 club
LJS8510 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.