CRD EGR: is the MB 6421400460 the same as the MOPAR 68057479AA? - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 08-19-2017, 06:59 PM Thread Starter
Curlybandit

CRD EGR: is the MB 6421400460 the same as the MOPAR 68057479AA?

Hey everyone.

It's pretty much confirmed that my EGR valve on my '08 Jeep GC Overland CRD is malfunctioning. It's been throwing P0404 codes and the red lightning bolt of death (Electronic Throttle Control). My Jeep is in limp mode. I took it to my mechanic and we performed the swirl valve resistor mod and unplugged the EGR and ECM to see if that would help. Amazingly it ran fine for a day but then the codes came back and we're in limo mode again.

I've been looking to replace the EGR. As expected, Jeep wants double the cost of what Mercedes Benz wants for their EGR and the MB EGR is still a $600+ part. I've found a couple of aftermarket options online that are a couple of hundred dollars less. When I looked on a popular online parts distributor website they had the exact same part for both the Jeep CRD and the MB ML320 with the same OM642. I would ideally prefer to instal the OEM MB replacement part which I believe is Wahler.

Can anyone confirm if the MB 6421400460 is the exact same as the MOPAR 68057479AA?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 08-20-2017, 02:13 AM
underscore
2007 WK 

On Rock Auto that Mopar number brings up this aftermarket EGR. On the info page, it lists the MB part number as an alternate part number. Since they're both replaced by the same part I would think that yes they are cross compatible.

Rock Auto: https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo...184731&jsn=265
post #3 of 4 Old 08-20-2017, 05:16 AM
08_CRD_WK
2008 WK 

I don't know if it's too late but you could get a GDE tune that turns off the EGR and you won't get codes.

post #4 of 4 Old 08-20-2017, 07:10 AM Thread Starter
Curlybandit

Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
On Rock Auto that Mopar number brings up this aftermarket EGR. On the info page, it lists the MB part number as an alternate part number. Since they're both replaced by the same part I would think that yes they are cross compatible.

Rock Auto: https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo...184731&jsn=265
This is the online parts distributor I referred to in my post. Wasn't sure if there were forum rules against mentioning them. I found the same thing for the pricier of their three options. They reference the same OEM numbers for both Jeep and MB. I'm also assuming they are interchangeable but I'm hoping to get definitive confirmation. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08_CRD_WK View Post
I don't know if it's too late but you could get a GDE tune that turns off the EGR and you won't get codes.
Unfortunately it is too late. You need to have a functioning EGR valve for the tune to work. However, they can modify their tune to accommodate a deleted EGR valve.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.