CRD ECU/PCM harness - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > CRD ECU/PCM harness

ExtremeTerrain GROUP BUY: Barricade Rear Bumpers/Tire Carr*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*Component speaker deal for your dash - NalinMFG

Unread 06-20-2013, 09:21 AM   #1
imnotted
2007 WK 

CRD ECU/PCM harness

Hi guys. I'm a first-time poster, long-time forum stalker. I've had a WK CRD for about 2 years now. I got the eco tune from GDE a few months ago after rave reviews here, and I love it! Unfortunately, a couple weeks ago, some genius turned left in front of my fiancee and she t-boned him hard enough to put it out of commission. The field adjuster originally claimed it would cost $6,000 to repair, but he left a ton of stuff out.

Fast forward to today, and the shop that has it has estimates the cost at $12,000 and they tell me they're having trouble even sourcing the connector to the ECU, which they believe was damaged in the accident (pic attached - point of impact was the driver's side headlight). They work on a lot of high end, odd vehicles, so if anyone in the city could source it, it would be them. They're waiting to see if the insurance company wants to total it out, and I hope they do.

I love my WK and I will buy it back and rebuild it, but I fear running into the same problem as the shop that has it. I can and will tear it apart and build my own connector if I can't find one, but I'd prefer splicing in a new one first. Soldering and making harnesses is second nature to me. Any thoughts on where I might be able to find a new connector? I assume they're different than the gassers - right? Is it the same as the one on Sprinters and E320 CDIs, or am I going to have to source one out of Europe? Thanks for any help you can provide!

ouch.jpg  
imnotted is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2013, 09:55 AM   #2
suzieque
2008 WK 

well the guy that built the swirl motor plug had tried sourcing a blank plug for the swirl motor. find that thread and ask him where to go for blank ecu plugs.

the sprinter should have the same plug, though the sprinter has different parameters with respect to EGR and some other things. http://sprinterstore.com/sprinter_store.htm
2008 WK "S" Limited bright metallic silver exterior, light graystone interior, 5 speed W5J400 transmission, June 18/2008 build, C213RE rear differential with 3.73 axle ratio, C200FE front differential with 3.73 axle ratio, 245/60R18 Goodyear Fortera tires (stock summer tires), NV245 transfer case, GT2056V turbo, 3.0L CRD (OM642.980)
suzieque is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2013, 12:58 PM   #3
imnotted
2007 WK 

Excellent! Thanks for the tips!
Unread 06-20-2013, 02:59 PM   #4
scootr29
Web Wheeler

2008 WK 

Glad everyone was ok.....
Silver WK Club Member #1
2008 CRD QT2
scootr29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2013, 04:57 PM   #5
sickchilly
2010 WK 

Fairly sure you cannot get the big *** connector at the PCM. You have to replace the entire engine wiring harness or buy a new/used harness and splice. At least that's the story my Jeep dealer gave me and the fiche appears to corroborate. When I bought my CRD, the PCM connector was corroded from battery acid dripping on it over the years. The dealer I bought it from had to replace the engine wiring harness, PCM, as well as do the swirl motor and intake plenums. Good times.
Unread 06-20-2013, 06:12 PM   #6
imnotted
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by scootr29 View Post
Glad everyone was ok.....
Thanks. It was pretty low speed (airbags didn't even deploy), so everyone walked away. That Ram had to be towed, though, so it was still a pretty hard hit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickchilly View Post
Fairly sure you cannot get the big *** connector at the PCM. You have to replace the entire engine wiring harness or buy a new/used harness and splice. At least that's the story my Jeep dealer gave me and the fiche appears to corroborate. When I bought my CRD, the PCM connector was corroded from battery acid dripping on it over the years. The dealer I bought it from had to replace the engine wiring harness, PCM, as well as do the swirl motor and intake plenums. Good times.
Yea, I didn't expect the stealership to sell the connectors. They never do. I've found a few salvage Sprinter engine harnesses for a reasonable sum that I could chop up if I need to. I'm curious to see what the PCM looks like. If its connectors are broken, I might find a salvage PCM and spend some time with the iron swapping out boards and connectors, just so I can forgo any dealer reprogramming.

USAA told me today they're totaling it and we're going to get a payout after the buyback. Looks like I get to buy the woman the Challenger she's been lusting after and take my time on the repair!
Unread 06-20-2013, 06:14 PM   #7
sickchilly
2010 WK 

No injuries, a Challenger and salvage the CRD = WIN!

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.