CRD 3.0 to high fuel consumption. Why ? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > CRD 3.0 to high fuel consumption. Why ?

NEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WDWe have Engo 10k Synthetic IN STOCK!!! Hurry while supplieSpartan Locker Promo Running now @ ROCKRIDGE 4WD plus FREE

Unread 12-30-2014, 01:23 PM   #1
pingwinLegnica

CRD 3.0 to high fuel consumption. Why ?

Hi. I'v got Commander 3.0 crd (diesel, MB motor) 2006. I've change swiryl motor (it was burn, fuel drain on it and one day i've got a small fire ). Change also new filters etc. After them from time to time i've got error : P0403 . We cleaned EGR but not help. After restart car error goes off. When i drive slowly in traffic error is back. When go normal or fast it's not happend.

It's not the biger my problem. The worst is the car takes about 30 % more fuel (diesel) then before .

now consumption is :
highway at 60-65 mph : 19 mpg (us)
city but not in traffic (go slowly, normal) : 14-11 mpg (us)

Any help ?

(sorry for my english )

pingwinLegnica is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-30-2014, 01:32 PM   #2
Zlartibartfast
2007 WK 

I'm thinking fuel leak. I had a leaking hose leading into the fuel filter - cut into my mileage badly, and you could smell raw fuel when you came to a stop.

How did fuel leal into your swirl motor? If that's the point when your mileage went down, then the problem may still exist
Zlartibartfast is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-30-2014, 04:20 PM   #3
pingwinLegnica

I've change hose from fuel filter. They was damage and fuel goes down to swiryl motor
Unread 12-30-2014, 04:24 PM   #4
pingwinLegnica

Now fuel doesn't leak, on board computer i see the same consumption as real
Unread 12-30-2014, 08:58 PM   #5
Drudgery1971

2007 WK 

It may be completely unrelated but please check your turbo intake pipe and it's NOT an eye ball (visual) check you need to pull it off and with it the EGR tube connected to it and see what you see. I didn't think mine was bad but once I pulled it off realized right where it connects to the turbo intake was REALLY brittle and cracked and a chunk fell off - every other inch/mm of the tube was fine. AT the same time you can check your seals (orange seal is bad/should be black in color) and connectors. I have had my swirl motor fail as well but just used a resistor to take it offline and it has run since. I do want to say though 19 isn't that horrible - it's odd but not alarming depending on fuel (winter) wind, etc. Good luck and hopefully something shows up. My US based CRD is down right now waiting for a MAF sensor on backorder so I can understand your pain.
Unread 12-30-2014, 09:07 PM   #6
Drudgery1971

2007 WK 

If you had a small fire in the engine bay - you may want to check all the electrical wires nearby because it doesn't take much to cook the plastic off.
Unread 12-31-2014, 03:25 AM   #7
pingwinLegnica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drudgery1971 View Post
If you had a small fire in the engine bay - you may want to check all the electrical wires nearby because it doesn't take much to cook the plastic off.
i've changed them all.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.