CRD 2008 Swirl Valve $8,000 Repair Quote - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > CRD 2008 Swirl Valve $8,000 Repair Quote

TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGSteinjager TJ tube doorsJeep Wrangler Complete Gear Upgrade Kits with Installs and

Unread 10-31-2013, 07:42 PM   #61
ryann04
2008 WK 

I'd recommend a better suited diesel oil now. 0w40 synthetic or 5w40 would be nice. And cheaper.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Blue WK Club Member #42 // DIESEL FTW !!!! -Ryan
ryann04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-2013, 05:11 AM   #62
BAH101
2008 WK 

And get one of these: http://www.fumotocanada.com/Details....D=72&category= To help elevate oil/spray/mess. Works awesome, lots of guys have it on this forum.
Unread 11-01-2013, 07:58 AM   #63
zc911

what oil specs should i look for now that the DPF is gone? What oil are you guys running?
zc911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-2013, 08:51 AM   #64
Radcrd
2007 WK 

I'm running Pentosin which meets either spec and meets the spec required for wife's VW TDI. Been running this oil in most of my cars for the last 10 years. Reasonably priced at my local supplier at around $35 for 5 liters.
http://www.pentosin.net/specsheets/P...e_II_5W-40.pdf
3 VW TDI's (sold)
Radcrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-2013, 08:55 AM   #65
ryann04
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zc911 View Post
what oil specs should i look for now that the DPF is gone? What oil are you guys running?
I run synthetic Shell Rotella 0w40 myself. I buy it by the pail at UAP Napa. You don't need to meet the Mercedes low sulfur diesel oil specs anymore as you deleted the DPF. If you're interested in oil quality and which to use, then go check out http://www.bobistheoilguy.com - there is a forum there with a wealth of knowledge specifically for oil.

Unread 11-01-2013, 12:29 PM   #66
revitup

Hey, Hey, Hey, well I just received my GDE Plash tool in the mail this morning at about 10am, downloaded the stock ECU program, emailed it to Keith, it was back to me in <1/2 hour and then, loaded the new ECO Tune program onto the car again. All-in-all took about 2 hours, fairly easy. Now I am just waiting for the DPF insert, and hopefully it will be shipped today...right "Tnadanzig".

I'm really looking forward to this, sure hopes it starts and drives OK?
revitup is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-2013, 01:18 PM   #67
BAH101
2008 WK 

Go ahead, start it. And while you're starting it, take a video so we can hear what it sounds like without the exhaust
Unread 11-01-2013, 02:13 PM   #68
zc911

^^ It;s acutally still quiet lol

As for the oil, since Rotella T will work, i am guessing any syntetic diesel oil will do the job now?
Unread 11-01-2013, 05:26 PM   #69
revitup

Just received a PM from Tnadanzig, DPF has been shipped with the tracking number, maybe, should have it next Wednesday or Thursday. Yeh, I could start it? Think I'll wait. The noise might be a little scary.
Unread 11-01-2013, 07:47 PM   #70
BAH101
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by revitup
Just received a PM from Tnadanzig, DPF has been shipped with the tracking number, maybe, should have it next Wednesday or Thursday. Yeh, I could start it? Think I'll wait. The noise might be a little scary.
Oh come on...start it...ya know you wanna
Unread 11-01-2013, 09:24 PM   #71
ryann04
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAH101 View Post
Oh come on...start it...ya know you wanna
Start it! Record it! Post it! I wanna hear it.

Unread 11-10-2013, 06:16 PM   #72
revitup

The Job From HELL Part II

So now I have all the delete pipe and the ECO Tune Flash Tool so I'm all set to start.

Well the Eco Tune went great couple calls and it was read/loaded to the ECU no problem. THe DPF was off now just to insert the DPF pipe. RIGHT!

Well, things got alot worse than with the removal than just grinding all the bolts in half. Now all the remains were welded in the flande holes and they had to be removed, are you kidding me?? 8 hours latter after drilling, 2 broken bits, heating, soaking and pounding, I got then all out and then I insatalled the DPF pipe. Total time about 10-12 hours of hell. Talk about pathetic engineering. The hanger bolts are suicide (over one hour) to say nothing for the front flange.

So the next day I go out for a test drive. It was louder, almost allot, but I could live with it, some what more vibration and more turbo lag. So the wife and I go for a spin...Oh it's too loud. ya know what I mean. So instead of living for years with that kind of pain (no what I mean) I then descided to take it off and get some more of THAT Pain.

No problem, I had it off in < one hour. Now to put the DPF back on, Sure no problem. I had removed the other half of the welted nuts/studs out before standing up, so it should just slip back into place this time no problem. right.

WTF, the head end SS bolts don't fit the flange right. the fange is toooooooo FFFFEN thick and the bolts were tooooolong.. So had to cut the bolts different lengths, and one fange nut could barey fit....let alone get the thread started.

Well at least this time I had some beer. JEEEEZ I have worked on all sorts of cars but this was the worst.

So now the car is nice and quiet, runs great, maybe just a little bit more vibration at idel, gas consumption I really can't say yet, only got about 100Klms on her and the new tune loaded.

The Eco Tune was easy and the DPF pipe fit just great, but no kidding think twice about removing that DPF or rent a hoist with some good lighting.
Unread 11-10-2013, 07:30 PM   #73
tnadanzig

2007 WK 

Sorry to hear about your difficulty. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help.
2007 3.0L CRD WK LTD - Stage 2 Custom Spooling Tune, Go Fast Parts
Pro-lite Build
2003 F250 6.0L CCLB - Gearhead Tunes
tnadanzig is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2013, 09:00 PM   #74
revitup

Quote:
"WTF, the head end SS bolts don't fit the flange right. the fange is toooooooo FFFFEN thick and the bolts were tooooolong.. So had to cut the bolts different lengths, and one fange nut could barey fit....let alone get the thread started."

Just to clarify, this is the original factory DPF. You cannot remove the base of one the studs located in the front flange at the top. The bend is too tight. so when the base of the stud it is almost out it hits the pipe and stops. So you have to force it out the bottom (if you can) and the cut this 3/8 inch piece (the exposed stud) in half to remove it. So now when you put in a new bolt and nut, there is just barely enough room for a thin nut.

If your going to do this it might be an idea to grind down the back of this flange just in the vicinity of that top inside hole about 1/8 inch.
Unread 11-11-2013, 07:24 AM   #75
zc911

thats odd, i noticed pretty much zero noise increase.
if you are going to sell the delete pipe, Red_liner740 is local he might want it

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.