Thanks a million for all the replies. I will go the the ECO tune:
Just a couple of more questions:
1) Will the existing swirl valves as stuck in an unknown position effect the tune?
2) Does anything have to be removed or stopped up?
3) I have read about the Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF) where does this come into play or does it?
4) Can I get a dealer to do this?
5) Does this void an extended warranty?
6) Is they any way/think fuel aditives or something to clean the intale manofold
Thanks again and very impressed with the above comments. We love the car and the engine. That why we bought it.
My best answer for you regarding the Eco-Tune is to contact them directly for 100% concrete answers with their tune/software. We don't want to guarantee you anything that they cannot guarantee themselves.
now that being said;
1) I'm sure it will not be a problem for the GDE to bypass the swirl motor error, even after it's failed.
2) Nothing has to be removed or blocked up, unless you ask the the optional custom tune for the DPF delete, then you would have to gut your DPF.
3) the DPF is a ceramic honeycomb in your exhaust. It traps all the "soot/oil" in your vehicle and burns it off every (so many kms) for emissions control. I gutted mine out and asked for the delete on my kit, because its $1500 to replace once it cloggs up. Plus you save fuel for not having to "clean" it every so many kms. Choice is yours.
4) I don't see any dealer doing this for you. The tune is easy enough to do yourself, but I'm sure an after-market shop will take your money and do it for you. It's really easy!!! (unless you get the DPF delete, then an exhaust shop will take care of that for you).
5) Regarding voiding warranty, I'm sure it will be fine, but warranty companies will do ANYTHING to get out of paying or covering if they don't have to. They are crooks.
6) DONT put any cleaning additives in your vehicle. The engine wont respond well to it. It's a solid engine, leave it alone. If your worried about cleaning the swirl motor, take it apart and clean it by hand.