Couple questions?? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Couple questions??

Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comSave at JeepHut on Smittybilt Soft topsUp to $75 Cash Back on Your ARB Fridge Freezer Purchase

Unread 03-05-2014, 10:37 PM   #16
modernblueWK

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10Xk View Post
I would use caution using specs from wkjeep, the spark plug gap on the 2010 hemi is wrong when compared to the owners manual.

Free owners manual at jeep.com bottom of page, owners/service manuals.
Every thread that mentions wkjeeps.com has this info. Does it discredit the entire site? Have you contacted them to have it changed?

Blue WK club #4
modernblueWK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2014, 11:06 PM   #17
xSoFx
2006 WK 

I've done some reading thanks to another post, and anything to do with flow on the 5.7 Hemi other than heads is "snake oil" as stated previously. Noise makers, that is about it. Your better off putting your money into proper maintenance before upgrades that will simply look/sound cool. To each his own, nonetheless.

Read into yourself, search 5.7 hemi flow rates.
xSoFx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2014, 09:21 AM   #18
skibum555
2005 WK 

I noticed my sunroof was out of calibration because i could get a better seal on it if I pushed the vent button and then stopped it on its way "up" to vent position. When I re calibrated it my sunroof stopped leaking.
MEMBER #105
skibum555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2014, 04:39 PM   #19
10Xk
2010 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by modernblueWK

Every thread that mentions wkjeeps.com has this info. Does it discredit the entire site? Have you contacted them to have it changed?
Every thread? No and no. It's advice so others may not have to redo maintenance like I have due to incorrect information.
10Xk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2014, 06:20 PM   #20
FU5E
2006 WK 

Having two issue with the Jeep I'm having trouble being sure were to start
1) seems to misfire or hesitate between 40-60 mph does not try to stall or idle weird at this time and no codes
note: has new spark plugs gapped accordingly
2) since installing new trans lines and doing a trans flush I have noticed a hard down shift when coming to a stop several times now.
- need to go on a highway drive and then check fluid did the 15 minute drive maybe I am a little off?

Leaning toward doing the PCV and TPS, I well replace the PCV regardless but am I on track with a TPS? or should I do a throttle body cleaning (it looks ok) or the EGR?
FU5E is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2014, 07:10 PM   #21
0321Nick
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FU5E View Post
1) seems to misfire or hesitate between 40-60 mph does not try to stall or idle weird at this time and no codes
2) since installing new trans lines and doing a trans flush I have noticed a hard down shift when coming to a stop several times now.
- need to go on a highway drive and then check fluid did the 15 minute drive maybe I am a little off?

Leaning toward doing the PCV and TPS, I well replace the PCV regardless but am I on track with a TPS? or should I do a throttle body cleaning (it looks ok) or the EGR?
Did you check for codes or are you saying that because no 'engine light' has come on?
KHAKI CLUB #65
2006 WK 4.7L V8 - Modified OME HD with Bilstein 5125s (28" length); JBA UCA; JKS Rear Discos; K&N CAI; PowerStop Discs; HyperTech; TOYO Open Country AT IIs 285/70/17; + some other goodies
0321Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2014, 02:05 PM   #22
FU5E
2006 WK 

my matco handheld scanner is showing no codes
FU5E is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2014, 03:57 PM   #23
yzjwk
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FU5E View Post

Was the jeep hessitating before you started maintenance? If not then i would go back and look at what you did. double check wires tight and Plugs tight and gapped properly ( could have bumped an electrode accidentally and closed the gap).Or maybe you could have moved a vacuum line and it's leaking now ..

Trans - flushes are not recomended by Jeep . did you use ATF+4 (very important .Global or any other type of fluid is no good) . The PCM and TCM is adaptive , so you could try disconnecting the battery to erase the memory and then take it out for a good drive . It will probably drive and shift like crap for a while though.
00 WJ 4.0
yzjwk is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.