cost of shop swapping springs - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > cost of shop swapping springs

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 05-21-2014, 09:37 PM   #1
ISUzj
2005 WK 

cost of shop swapping springs

Hey in anyones opinion whats a reasonable cost for having a shop swap your springs from old struts to new ones??

I have spring compressors but if it will save me an hour of messing around it might be worth it. Jsut want to see if anyone has had it done.

I figure if they will do it for less than 40 thats not too bad. I got a lot if front end stuff to do and time is critical

~~[_---_____---_\-\\\\\\-\
~~~(o) )-o---(o) )-o---) )
94ZJ 5.2 Red; Rusty's 3" Coils,Skyjacker hydro's, Brush Guard, Custom Rear Bumper, Custom Roof Rack, KVG Quick Discos, 31-10.50-15's DAYTON TIMBERLINE A/T OBA 2 Gallon tank
Can't buy it? BUILD IT!! Do it cheap too cuz your in college

My Build Thread Align your jeep yourself B N B#175
ISUzj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2014, 09:54 PM   #2
thecalkid
2005 WK 

Location: San Jose / Hollister / Sacramento / Palo Alto, California
I had a shop do both struts for 50. It was worth the time and my feeling safer
thecalkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2014, 10:30 AM   #3
ISUzj
2005 WK 

I checked with 2 local places and they both gave me a quote of $20 bucks a strut... I cant imagine it would take me more than 30min to swap the springs over on each with compressors.

How long has it taken other fellas to just do the spring swap from one strut to the other??
~~[_---_____---_\-\\\\\\-\
~~~(o) )-o---(o) )-o---) )
94ZJ 5.2 Red; Rusty's 3" Coils,Skyjacker hydro's, Brush Guard, Custom Rear Bumper, Custom Roof Rack, KVG Quick Discos, 31-10.50-15's DAYTON TIMBERLINE A/T OBA 2 Gallon tank
Can't buy it? BUILD IT!! Do it cheap too cuz your in college

My Build Thread Align your jeep yourself B N B#175
ISUzj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2014, 10:57 AM   #4
ChiliPepperXJ
2006 WK 

Just had mine done last week. Dropped them off in the morning and were ready within 2 hours. I paid $20 for both.

1998 Jeep Cherokee Sport
1992 Jeep Cherokee Laredo
ChiliPepperXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2014, 04:19 PM   #5
90grandoneer
2006 WK 

Chili, who did both for $20.....Les Schwab? Was that changing them out on the vehicle or just putting the springs on the new struts? I did my own a couple years ago and the lower bolt was rusted up on one. Not too easy to do. Also, just switching the front springs to the new struts is pretty easy with the right tools. Using the wrong tools could be hazardous to one's health.
06 GCO, Dk Khaki, QDII, Flshing Hi 3rd Bk Lt, MDS "ON" Lt, Airtab Vortex Gens, Debadged, Fumoto Drain Valve, BT Catch Can, Chopped EGR Tube, SRT8 CAI, K&N Filter, Sonnax Trans Line Press Booster, SC Tuner W/Adv Trans Tune App, DS Tuner, Cust tubular hdrs w/3 in Magnaflow/Xlerator AP Exh Sys, Bilsteins, SRT Springs/Sways, Cust Eng Cvr, SRT8 frt/rear bumpers, FRI Sidewinder Cam/6.1 valvetrain, SLP 25% UD Pulley, BBK true 90mm T-Body, SOS Ign Coils w/.060 spark plug gaps, SRT Reps with 265/45&295/40X20's.
90grandoneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2014, 12:21 AM   #6
ChiliPepperXJ
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90grandoneer View Post
Chili, who did both for $20.....Les Schwab? Was that changing them out on the vehicle or just putting the springs on the new struts? I did my own a couple years ago and the lower bolt was rusted up on one. Not too easy to do. Also, just switching the front springs to the new struts is pretty easy with the right tools. Using the wrong tools could be hazardous to one's health.
Just was putting the new coils on the new struts. They took the old ones apart for the top plate and bumpstops though. I got that done at Boise spring works on executive between cloverdale and five mile. I got really lucky with my lower strut fork bolts

1998 Jeep Cherokee Sport
Unread 05-25-2014, 08:13 AM   #7
90grandoneer
2006 WK 

They're not too far from my place. I've wondered how they were. Good to know they're reasonable. Thanks for the info.
06 GCO, Dk Khaki, QDII, Flshing Hi 3rd Bk Lt, MDS "ON" Lt, Airtab Vortex Gens, Debadged, Fumoto Drain Valve, BT Catch Can, Chopped EGR Tube, SRT8 CAI, K&N Filter, Sonnax Trans Line Press Booster, SC Tuner W/Adv Trans Tune App, DS Tuner, Cust tubular hdrs w/3 in Magnaflow/Xlerator AP Exh Sys, Bilsteins, SRT Springs/Sways, Cust Eng Cvr, SRT8 frt/rear bumpers, FRI Sidewinder Cam/6.1 valvetrain, SLP 25% UD Pulley, BBK true 90mm T-Body, SOS Ign Coils w/.060 spark plug gaps, SRT Reps with 265/45&295/40X20's.
Unread 05-25-2014, 10:41 AM   #8
ChiliPepperXJ
2006 WK 

Quote:
They're not too far from my place. I've wondered how they were. Good to know they're reasonable. Thanks for the info.
Same here. I'm at fairview and Cloverdale across from the cemetery.. You can see my white lifted wk from fairview.. I've had a few experiences where it seems they are super expensive then times like this where they are very reasonable.. I had them push new bushings in my XJ leafs and I think it was 40 for 2 bushings...

1998 Jeep Cherokee Sport
Unread 05-25-2014, 11:02 AM   #9
90grandoneer
2006 WK 

I drive by there all the time on the way to places in Meridian. You in those apartment/4-plexes near the gas station?
Unread 05-25-2014, 01:30 PM   #10
ChiliPepperXJ
2006 WK 

Quote:
I drive by there all the time on the way to places in Meridian. You in those apartment/4-plexes near the gas station?
Yup. There are 3 fourplexes built with an empty lot for the fourth one. I'm in the fourplex furthest East right against Fairview. My Jeep is parked on the side now that its warm enough and dont have to worry about that damn frost

1998 Jeep Cherokee Sport

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.