Coolant leak through Intake Manifold? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Coolant leak through Intake Manifold?

The RuffStuff "I can't go to EJS" Sale!Offset Tie Rod Kit From RuffStuff!Check out our NEW Steering Stuff!

Unread 12-28-2013, 12:27 AM   #1
nick81

Coolant leak through Intake Manifold?

Anyone seen this yet on the WK's?

I have a mysterious leak of coolant. I go through about a gallon every 6 months. There is coolant crystalized on top of the manifold. Mechanic suspects its the gasket but wants some time with it to look at. I got 135K miles on it and its an 05..... about ready to use it as a 3rd car. wondering if i should put some $$ into it or just use as is.

nick81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2013, 05:53 AM   #2
Jeepforthewin
Lucky Charms!

2005 WK 

Check you oil and see if it's mixing at all? Any smoke coming from exhaust or any sweet smell when you drive? Easiest way to find the leak is a compression test. It'll usually help pinpoint the leak. If it's a blown head gasket a block test can determine if you have one or not.
BLACK WK CLUB #87

LOOKING TO BUY: 4XGUARD SKIDS, SUPERCHIP 3870/3872, CATCH CAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepmojo
Jeep's prefer the company of other Jeep's over that of other vehicles.
Quote:
Originally Posted by imann View Post
I love the Hemi....insane power....sports car like acceleration.....passes everything but the gas station.....
Jeepforthewin is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.